Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2012, 11:25 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
The President's financial documents have been made public. For a long time now, as I'm recalling. So, why is Mr. Romney hiding the information and why? What laws did he break and what should the penalty be? He couldn't be appointed to a Cabinet position in the federal government if he hid information like he's doing now. So, why hire him for this job? Where there's smoke there's fire. Probably a big, dirty fire.

You and many Romney haters will owe the man a huge apology when you find out he has paid not only his fair share and then some but when you find out he did nothing illegal at all.

Where there is smoke there is fire. All you got to do is look in Obamas backyard. A lot of smoke and a lot of fire.

Did you know the Obamas claimed a farm deduction a few years back? Yes, a farm. The only farm that idiot ever saw was in the country he grew up in. Smoke and more smoke from team scam artist Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2012, 11:28 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
I am not watching Fox News.

Misquoting? It was a direct quote from his SOTU address.

Prove me wrong!!!

You cannot.

Romney does not have to prove anything.

He has paid millions in taxes just the last two years and you know it.

He has been doubled taxed which is wrong.

35% when he earned it.
15% on cap gains
50% total.

Now that is wrong and unfair period.

Romney owes no one any information so the left wing loons can lie and distort the fact that he is extremely successful, something loonies cannot stand.

Facts, Romney paid millions in taxes on cap gains alone the last two years. No one should pay cap gains when 50% of Americans pay ZERO fed taxes.

SOTU-- get a copy, watch the video. Obama scammed us once again and I caught him lying.
You desperately need to figure out these issues before you post because the information above is largely incorrect. For one thing, Romney has an IRA account worth 100 million (we don't even know the exact #) that is accumulating interest tax free every year. That's just the tip of the ice-burg of your incorrect-ness. Also, our tax system is progressive. You need to learn what this means, because you do not know.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:34 PM

11,486 posts, read 15,305,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
You desperately need to figure out these issues before you post because the information above is largely incorrect. For one thing, Romney has an IRA account worth 100 million (we don't even know the exact #) that is accumulating interest tax free every year. That's just the tip of the ice-burg of your incorrect-ness. Also, our tax system is progressive. You need to learn what this means, because you do not know.

And he already paid taxes on that IRA money.

How much more do you want to steal from him?

Why should he pay triple taxes? He has already paid double taxes on his earnings while working.

Jealous of Mitt I see.

Old 08-10-2012, 11:38 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny-Days-in-Florida View Post
And he already paid taxes on that IRA money.

How much more do you want to steal from him?

Why should he pay triple taxes? He has already paid double taxes on his earnings while working.

Jealous of Mitt I see.

You are so far gone I can't help you.

And if you are an adult who thinks talking about Mitt Romney's taxes means you're jealous, I feel sorry for you. That is not how adults speak, that's how 13 year old girls create conflict.

Old 08-11-2012, 02:53 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,811 times
Absolutely, Zimar. I tried to rep you again, but it wouldn't let me.

Old 08-11-2012, 03:43 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
$100 million plus? I am wondering how many years, at $5000 per, it takes to add up to $100,000,000? Hmmm. Just how old is this guy? He's got to be older than, well, GOD!

Old 08-11-2012, 03:49 AM

197 posts, read 213,012 times
Goodness! That picture. My cat is still hissing.

Old 08-11-2012, 07:06 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,417,223 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron H View Post
Unfortunately, he's asking for a job, and sixty-something percent of his hiring managers want to see his tax returns before they take him on. It's the free market at work.
And 78% want to see Obama's college records.

Old 08-11-2012, 08:37 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,299,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Difference is Obama is about to complete his first term as President, his college records are irrelevant as he`ll always be Mr President of the USA whether 1 term or 2.
Romney can only dream of achieving the status of President, the people are asking him to release his tax records he`s refusing, might cost him the whole ball game.

Old 08-11-2012, 09:39 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,811,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
I don't recall Obama being asked to release his college records during the 2008 campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections