Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2012, 02:32 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times

Advertisements

Richard Nixon - "I'm not a crook" [HIGHER QUALITY - FULL VERSION] - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 02:42 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
I just got a great tweet -- "Ryan's body fat and Romney's tax rate, are the same number".

Old 08-17-2012, 02:43 PM

272 posts, read 229,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, why not use Warren Buffets?

I mean he continues to fight his taxes....

Blah blah blah.....it's a company that he is only in charge of/sorta.....

Oh, yea....his company owes more taxes than Romney is worth....

Oh wait....there is a "D" after Warrens name...never mind....
Warren Buffet is not running for office, but you already knew that.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:51 PM

756 posts, read 713,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by florida.bob View Post
I just got a great tweet -- "Ryan's body fat and Romney's tax rate, are the same number".

Good one, Bob

Old 08-17-2012, 02:52 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The IRS hasn't found anything illegal so why should anyone care what class warefare mountain the neo-Marxists will make out of a legal mole hill.

Clue: I'm more concerned about the drain the 47% of Americans who pay no federal income taxes make on this country in relationship to both societal health and the economy than I am allowing those who pay more than 58% of this nation's total federal income tax receipts to keep as much of their money as the tax code allows.
I know, i am concerned about Romney paying nothing in taxes too.

Old 08-17-2012, 02:55 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,489,914 times

Richard Nixon - "Checkers" Speech - YouTube

Old 08-17-2012, 02:58 PM

2,553 posts, read 2,434,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
It's amazing to me how easily conservatives put their blinders on when it comes to their candidates. Just amazing.

Romney says that taxes aren't important. Ok, so then release them you doof and make it a non-issue. Do what your Daddy said every candidate should do!!!!
It's a non-issue as far as his ability to be president. It's a campaign issue because it will be usd for class warfare....which is something his father's opponents would have never dreamed of doing....especially when the wealthiest family in politics at that time was the Kennedys.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:00 PM

46,259 posts, read 27,071,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahC View Post
Warren Buffet is not running for office, but you already knew that.
And neither is Sara Palin, but she continues to be brought up more and more....

So, there goes your theory out the window....

Old 08-17-2012, 03:04 PM

272 posts, read 229,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
And neither is Sara Palin, but she continues to be brought up more and more....

So, there goes your theory out the window....
Your post is irrelevant to me. I haven't brought Palin into this discussion and I've noticed you continually bringing outside discussions into this conversation -- Warren Buffet and now Palin, neither are relevant.

If you can't remain on topic, don't reply.

Old 08-17-2012, 03:07 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,846,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
The IRS hasn't found anything illegal so why should anyone care what class warefare mountain the neo-Marxists will make out of a legal mole hill.

Clue: I'm more concerned about the drain the 47% of Americans who pay no federal income taxes make on this country in relationship to both societal health and the economy than I am allowing those who pay more than 58% of this nation's total federal income tax receipts to keep as much of their money as the tax code allows.
How in the world would you know if the IRS found anything illegal in Mitt's returns, or not? My guess is that they did, and Mitt had to pay the fines and own up to what he actually owed. But, for obvious reasons, Mitt cannot release that info and have any chance at being elected. Do I know? Absolutely not, but there is something that could answer all our questions. I do not buy him not wanting to release because he is such a private person. Running for public office kind of limits your expectations for privacy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections