Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2012, 08:22 PM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times

Advertisements

Donna-501,
Do you have a 401K, IRA, Pension, or Annuity?

The odds are overwhelming that if you have one of them you have $$$ overseas. Are you doing something wrong? Should this make you ineligible to run for public office?

Hillary Clinton would be ineligible to run for public office too huh? She has money overseas too. President Obama has owned stock in companies overseas. How is that different in terms of being patriotic than buying Swiss Franks and keeping them in Switzerland account where he bought it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2012, 08:29 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Not every president has shown exactly where their money has been invested.

Let me guess...you weren't upset when John Kerry was running, with more money invested overseas...it was a non-issue back then, because it was a Democrat.

Let me guess...you weren't upset when Bill Clinton had investments overseas? He is a democrat after all and it makes since to diversify your money if you can.

Should Obama release his college records to squash rumors? Where does it end? Let's focus on real issues.
I didn't like John Kerry for that reason, and he ran on the campaign "I'm not Bush." And guess who won that election, I expect this one to go the same way.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:38 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,957,018 times
Imagine that!
A crooked politician that wants to get out of paying taxes but has his hands out to steal mine.

Old 08-28-2012, 08:43 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,248,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Imagine that!
A crooked politician that wants to get out of paying taxes but has his hands out to steal mine.
This.
Quote:
but has his hands out to steal mine.
While cutting taxes for.....wait for it!.....HIMSELF (and others just like him).

Old 08-29-2012, 04:10 AM

26,457 posts, read 15,053,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J746NEW View Post
Imagine that!
How is it crooked? Nothing was illegal. The IRS knew of it. He moved money that had already been taxed in the US to Swiss Franks in Switzerland. Perhaps, if Obama wasn't printing so much new money, smart people wouldn't want to have their money in some other currencies?

Either you are playing a partisan game or you want people not to be able to make smart decisions and diversify their money.

Old 08-29-2012, 04:21 AM

13,496 posts, read 18,180,430 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
....In my opinion, anyone who wastes time worrying about those things for more than a minute has lost sight of the bigger picture. I chuckle a little bit every time a new thread about these things shows up, and then I realize that the person who posted the thread is going to be voting... and I get scared. People are so easily distracted from the things that matter, all that really needs to be done to continue our nation down a path of self-destruction is to throw these little issues out and avoid talking about anything pertinent, like policy matters.
From flag pins to fetuses, from creationism to political correctness, and ever forward into the swamp of BS....I've stopped chuckling, I have to say. I no longer have any faith that the majority of the American people have the interest or inteligence to grasp and deal with the plain, everyday, boring, painful details of self-restraint and fiscal restraint on either a personal or government level.

Old 08-29-2012, 06:03 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,158,856 times
Quote:
How is it crooked? Nothing was illegal. The IRS knew of it. He moved money that had already been taxed in the US to Swiss Franks in Switzerland. Perhaps, if Obama wasn't printing so much new money, smart people wouldn't want to have their money in some other currencies?

Either you are playing a partisan game or you want people not to be able to make smart decisions and diversify their money.
There is 224 pages that fully explain your question, there is no need to run around in this circle again. Reread past posts to get your answer.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:16 AM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:

Let me guess...you weren't upset when John Kerry was running, with more money invested overseas...it was a non-issue back then, because it was a Democrat.

Let me guess...you weren't upset when Bill Clinton had investments overseas? He is a democrat after all and it makes since to diversify your money if you can.

Should Obama release his college records to squash rumors? Where does it end? Let's focus on real issues.
Didn't they supply their tax returns?

Obama doesn't need to supply his college records. Who was the last president that did? Don't tell me Bush because you know that they were leaked.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:18 AM

Quote:

How would you know that it was legal? He didn't supply his tax returns.

Old 08-29-2012, 07:22 AM

Quote:

Wasn't it odd that Romney was asking for John Kerry's wife to show her tax returns? Was she running for President? You don't find it odd that he has been asking many others to show theirs but he doesn't want to show his. What is he hiding?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections