Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 AM

10,942 posts, read 10,254,453 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Didn't they supply their tax returns?

Obama doesn't need to supply his college records. Who was the last president that did? Don't tell me Bush because you know that they were leaked.
Yes, and who was the last president to have to release his birth certificate?

That would be our current legally elected and eligible president.

Of course, not only was he the last president to do so, he was also the first and the only.

This president has been scrutinized more than any other president in the history of this country and for no other reason than that he is a black man with a funny name. There is no reason for his school records; they have nothing to do with his being president and I think it is just more attempts to try to prove something about him that has nothing to do with the office that he holds.

They've been whining about his school records since the birth certificate didn't pan out, long before R-Money's refusal to release his returns, thus showing something he doesn't want us to see.

Quote:
To give but one example, there is a Bermuda-based entity called Sankaty High Yield Asset Investors Ltd., which has been described in securities filings as “a Bermuda corporation wholly owned by W. Mitt Romney.” It could be that Sankaty is an old vehicle with little importance, but Romney appears to have treated it rather carefully. He set it up in 1997, then transferred it to his wife’s newly created blind trust on January 1, 2003, the day before he was inaugurated as Massachusetts’s governor. The director and president of this entity is R. Bradford Malt, the trustee of the blind trust and Romney’s personal lawyer. Romney failed to list this entity on several financial disclosures, even though such a closely held entity would not qualify as an “excepted investment fund” that would not need to be on his disclosure forms. He finally included it on his 2010 tax return. Even after examining that return, we have no idea what is in this company, but it could be valuable, meaning that it is possible Romney’s wealth is even greater than previous estimates. While the Romneys’ spokespeople insist that the couple has paid all the taxes required by law, investments in tax havens such as Bermuda raise many questions, because they are in “jurisdictions where there is virtually no tax and virtually no compliance,” as one Miami-based offshore lawyer put it.
Investigation: Mitt Romney’s Offshore Accounts, Tax Loopholes, and Mysterious I.R.A. | Vanity Fair

What are you hiding, 'eh, Mittens??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 02:26 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donna-501 View Post
Didn't they supply their tax returns?

Obama doesn't need to supply his college records. Who was the last president that did? Don't tell me Bush because you know that they were leaked.
Tax Returns released by politicians do not have to specify exactly where invested money is in.

Should Obama release Fast and Furious documents? What is he hiding - did he commit a crime?

Old 08-29-2012, 02:30 PM

26,497 posts, read 15,074,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinebar View Post
Yes, and who was the last president to have to release his birth certificate?

That would be our current legally elected and eligible president.

Of course, not only was he the last president to do so, he was also the first and the only.

This president has been scrutinized more than any other president in the history of this country and for no other reason than that he is a black man with a funny name. There is no reason for his school records; they have nothing to do with his being president and I think it is just more attempts to try to prove something about him that has nothing to do with the office that he holds.
That is a liberal lie, don't demean yourself with it.

There was a question if McCain based on his birth location could legally run, he went to congress and got it resolved publicly to squash the scrutiny.

Chester Arthur also had to resolve a citizenship issue. Essentially, every single president or major candidate to have a foreign parent or been born outside of the official borders (McCain) has faced scrutiny.

Old 09-01-2012, 01:49 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renault View Post
No. Most intelligent people know it's simply another distraction tactic [albeit a very dull one], to keep Romney on the defensive, and to prevent the pro-Obama media from having to focus on Obama's utter failures as President.

And at the same time ignoring the fact the the leading republicans vowed in Jan to stop or hinder EVERYTHING that the president wanted to do, even if the republicans came up with the idea initially I never understood why some people can be so dense to believe that the president is totally at fault for the economic situation that we are in today even after knowing about this plan as well as the norquist agreement is beyond me

Old 09-01-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadJuju View Post
How have you posted his last two years? He hasn't even released one complete year. And he is only promising to release the other year in October.
They even lie to themselves

Old 09-01-2012, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Does anyone really care about Mitt Romney's taxes?

No.
Hell yes! Especially if he is talking about raising mine and lowering his and his cronies

Old 09-01-2012, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
TRUST???? REALLY???

So why are Obama's personal documents still sealed!!

I couldn't get a sales job with IBM by telling them that they couldn't check my schooling !!! Yet this dude is President!! That blows my mind!!

So don't give me that trust crap!!

Tim Geitner owed 300 grand in back taxes and only paid them so that he could get his current job!!! Obama picked him anyway! The crook! And now he can put me in jail if I dont pay MINE!!!

Congress has been asking for those Fast & furious documents all year!!! What's good for goose is good for the gander! People were actually murdered in this case! No one is dead because of Romney's tax returns!!

TRUST MY EYE!!

The more Mr. Obama delays, the more suspicious it appears! Right??

First of all please show anywhere in the constitution that you must have to have a college degree to become president. Secondly it has already been proven that he DID graduate Finally, why would he should information on the fast and furious while their are still agents that are undercover, consider the refuticans have already proved that they cannot keep classified information classified regarding undercover agents. Notice how quickly that they forgot about Valerie Phlame. I guess if he would release the information and agents were killed they would have blamed him for releasing the information in the first place. I guess that you don't realize that he nor is Holder running the program but the the director of the ATF.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:06 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Hell yes! Especially if he is talking about raising mine and lowering his and his cronies
Also when he runs on how successful he is because he is rich, there is nothing wrong to have him prove that he got rich about good moves or tax breaks and making his money on the backs of the taxpayers and middle class.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenkane2 View Post
I'm talking so-called personal information PERIOD!!

Do I need to repeat myself??? Men were killed under that fast and furious operation!! No one was killed by Romney's tax returns!!

Lives carry more weight!! What is Holder and Obama hiding???

And why can't we see his transcripts???? How the heck did a stoner in high school get a free ride at Occidental, Harvard and Columbia??? Just show us!! What is he hiding??

Obama said himself...if you're running for President, your life should be and open book!!

We're still waiting to see his "Table of Contents"!

Correction ONE MAN was killed and not many more if other information is released. FYI what does his transcripts have to do with anything? I graduated from college years ago and it has no baring as to what I'm doing today. If someone wanted to see my transcripts just to prove a pointless point I would tell them to go to Hell.

Old 09-01-2012, 02:13 PM

That was a good point

Can anyone explain why mitt is bragging about working for a company that screwed over people rather than his record as governor of MA?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections