Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 01:19 PM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times

Advertisements

Hmmm, I'm still waiting for my answer in post #210
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 01:28 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
I really would not matter if Obama discovered a cure for cancer and balanced the budget it would all be a lie to you, so what I will do is making a little easier for you to comphrehend. These are the things that even the the refuticans cannot deny that he did in the first 100 days

Obama's First 100 Days: 10 Achievements You Didn't Know About

Just think if it was not for the refuticans making a deal with each other to derail anything that he does how much progress this country would have made
Like I said, most things you like to call an accomplishment, isnt really an accomplishment.

9. Forests: Since taking office, the White House has put under federal protection more than two million acres of wilderness, thousands of miles of river and a host of national trails and parks. The conservation effort - the largest in the last 15 years - came with the stroke of a pen when Obama signed the Omnibus Public Land Management Act of 2009 in late March.
10. Tone: Leaving a meeting at the White House on Tuesday a progressive member of the House of Representatives commented to the Huffington Post just how impressed she was with the president's manner. "He is so calm," said the member, "and has a great ability to make you feel like you're being respected and listened to."

I mean come on..

Old 07-13-2012, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simetime View Post
Is'nt GE and Boeing privately own companies? That being so, how can the president outsource any of their jobs? Would'nt that be up to the board of directors of the companies?
Maybe Obama shouldnt be giving taxpayer money that use that money to move their businesses off shore..

Old 07-13-2012, 01:35 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by d4g4m View Post
A successful business man is being attacked for the money he has made, where he has it and when he left his company.
Romney is running for president entirely on the basis of his business success. In a better world he could be running on the basis of his successful health reform, but now he’s condemning that very achievement. In a better world he could actually be running on the basis of some kind of coherent policy ideas, but instead he’s offering nothing but a mix of tax cuts for the rich and benefit cuts for the middle class so extreme that focus groups refuse to believe that this is his actual proposal.

Once the Bain record becomes a liability instead of a strength, there’s nothing there.

Old 07-13-2012, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
Once the Bain record becomes a liability instead of a strength, there’s nothing there.
He'll still have more qualifications than Obama did as a "community organizer"..

Old 07-13-2012, 03:47 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,948,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
He'll still have more qualifications than Obama did as a "community organizer"..
In your biased opinion and alternate reality I know you believe that but that doesn't make it true. But let's examine your thought process. Mr. Obama hasn't been a community organizer in at least 20 years. Yet, you act as if that was his last position, ignoring he was a state legislator and U.S. Senator prior to becoming President. It's like saying that Romney's body of experience was that he was a manager for the Cranbrook School ice hockey team.

Oh, and the new evidence:

Mitt Romney's Signature Appears On Bain SEC Filings During Time He Said He Left Bain

Quote:
WASHINGTON -- Between 1999 and 2001, Mitt Romney, then the CEO of Bain Capital, signed at least six documents that the private equity firm filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The documents run in direct contradiction to a claim that Romney has made repeatedly: that he had nothing to do with Bain, and therefore no responsibility for Bain investments, during that period.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Quote:
In your biased opinion and alternate reality I know you believe that but that doesn't make it true. But let's examine your thought process. Mr. Obama hasn't been a community organizer in at least 20 years. Yet, you act as if that was his last position, ignoring he was a state legislator and U.S. Senator prior to becoming President. It's like saying that Romney's body of experience was that he was a manager for the Cranbrook School ice hockey team.
Yeah, its some great accomplishment to show up and vote present for everything.
Quote:
As required by law.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:31 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Excellent, next time a rightie starts whining about Obama bailing out the auto industry we can give all credit to Bush, although i thought the idea of the bail out was definitely started under the Bush Regime but it was actually finalized by Obama.
As for Romney's take on the situation? let em go bankrupt..
Here's more:

Quote:
Stimulus is now a dirty word, especially among Republicans in Congress. But it wasn’t always so. In January 2008 when the economic picture was far less dire and the unemployment rate was only 4.8 percent, 165 Republicans in the House of Representatives and 33 Republican senators voted to pass a stimulus package with an estimated cost of $152 billion. That package provided tax cuts of up to $600 for individuals or $1,200 for married couples, plus an additional $300 per child. The bill also contained a number of temporary tax breaks for businesses. And just in case you thought President George W. Bush’s stimulus bill was simply a bunch of tax cuts, it also included $40 billion in direct spending. The legislation was even called the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008.
Republicans Loved Stimulus When Bush Was in the White House

Quote:
Early last year, Bush sent out $152 billion in stimulus checks. He then followed up at the end of the year with a bait-and-switch bailout package costing $700 billion. I say bait-and-switch because it was advertized to us as the repurchase of toxic debt to free up the financial system, and ended up being investment money and 'bonus' money to Wall St.

Now Obama is doing his own stimulus package. $787 billion. I may be wrong here, but the money is going to be spent on tax relief, social security hikes, unemployment hikes, infrastructure, housing, healthcare, education, energy, automobiles, security and law enforcement.

Please tell me why. Why are the Republicans having a fit at this effort? To me, the 2nd stimulus is an easy sell. It will create jobs, get the country out of its funk give us a few extra dollars in our pockets. The goal is not to make a few people mega-rich at everyone else's expense, but to improve the country and allow a decent standard of living for more people.
What is the difference between Bush's stimulus and Obama's? - Yahoo! Answers

Quote:
WASHINGTON (MarketWatch) -- President Bush signed a $168 billion economic stimulus package on Wednesday that will extend rebates to U.S. taxpayers, give tax breaks to businesses and make more-expensive mortgages available through the government and government-sponsored mortgage-finance companies.
"We have come together on a single mission and that is to put the peoples' interests first," Bush said at a White House signing ceremony. He was flanked by members of Congress and his cabinet.
Bush said the U.S. economy has clearly slowed but that the package is "a booster shot for our economy."
Bush signs economic stimulus package - MarketWatch

Old 07-13-2012, 04:34 PM

10,793 posts, read 13,544,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post

Mitt Romney defends his finances - Political Hotsheet - CBS News

Mitt Romney's Blind Trust Not So Blind - ABC News

I suspect this is a scandal which will continue to grow, fester throughout the Summer and the distrust of the electorate will grow with it. And it'll be a danmed if you do and damned if you don't situation for Mr. Romney because if his investments and hidden funds are made transparent voters may not trust him because of the choices he's likely to have made.

This is an issue which will not go away. Not anytime soon.
When we get Obama's hidden college transcripts, we'll worry about Romney's records....

Old 07-13-2012, 04:43 PM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Romney tells CNN, no more tax returns. Must be a lot to hide. I think we may know why McCain said no on Romney VP in 2008. He is one of the few to see Mitt's tax returns. I mean it had to be something pretty bad to make John opt for nutball Palin instead.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections