Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2012, 01:01 PM

756 posts, read 714,266 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
You are having a hard time understanding that Romney is betting against his own interest. Why is his money not in U.S. banks? Why should I trust in you to lead me when you don't even have your own money saved here? Romney can put his money anywhere he wants but I don't have to listen to him or believe him when he says "he knows what's best for the country." How does he know what's best when his money is off shore. He is all about making money and doesn't give two sh#ts about you and I or the American people. His actions are so unpatriotic. Sending American labor to India and China for the sake of profit. There isn't anything wrong with that if you are a CEO with no conscience. If you are running for POTUS, then it's a problem. You have altered the lives of so many people; disrupted their livelihoods and shut down whole towns dependent on their success. Now you want to smile and say trust me? I don't think so.

Fine work

Just have to sit back and laugh at all the useful idiots who support such an unpatriotic shyster...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2012, 01:21 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,493,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTAtech View Post
As Jay Neno said:

"Obama is a weak candidate. There is only one thing stopping Mitt Romney from becoming president -- Mitt Romney."
I wish Obama were more assertive every day of the week, and also a better candidate. The viable/electable people associated with the GOP can't get nominated by the base of the party and therefore sit out the process. I do think Obama will be relected, because Romney is such a weak/wobbly candidate.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:22 PM

26,494 posts, read 15,070,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
Fine work

Just have to sit back and laugh at all the useful idiots who support such an unpatriotic shyster...
What about the "useful idiots" who call putting private money overseas unpatriotic, but are fine with Billions of taxpayer dollars going to foreign companies with nothing in return that have no US employees?

Old 07-10-2012, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Why should I care if Romney has some money overseas? Does your 401K or pension not own foreign stocks and bonds? I have foreign investments and I am middle class.
We're different. You're different. Different, probably, than the majority of the electorate whom I think do care about a candidate for the highest office refusing to disclose the specifics. Not just specifics about his wealth, where he's hidden it and what he's invested it in ... but also refusing to disclose the specifics of what he'll do about the things he most often says the current President is doing wrong. The program specifics. Will he promote more Romneycare, which the U.S. Congress used as the blueprint for the Affordable Care Act? Will he support tax increases as he did in Mass. when he served as Governor? We're entitled to know and not just accept his very uneasy posture when he sits in the chair and asked about these things ... and resembles so closely a deer caught in the headlights of an oncoming car.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Romney has plenty of money invested here. You are not miss cleo, so stop trying to read his mind for political gain.
Okay. Now we're getting somewhere. We've found someone who either knows personally or has seen an insider's report of the assets of Mr. Romney. Can you please share some of the specifics with us? Such as where in the United States of America he's invested some of his substantial wealth? Thanks.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:32 PM

Quote:
What about the "useful idiots" who call putting private money overseas unpatriotic ...
When someone runs for the highest office in the land and criticizes the other candidate for not doing enough for America or jobs in America or for the American economy ... and then refuses to disclose where he's hidden his assets and in which business enterprises for foreign government's he's invested with ... it's fair game to raise the questions investigative reporters have been asking and which are making Mr. Romney so very uncomfortable. At this level of the "game" transparency and telling the truth is important. He is no longer lost amongst the others who invest abroad, he wants to be our President. As I view his posture, he's not trustworthy nor does he have the integrity to hold the highest office in this land. If he's that uncomfortable with our values then let him visit his money in Switzerland, the Bahamas or Saudi Arabia.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
Okay. Now we're getting somewhere. We've found someone who either knows personally or has seen an insider's report of the assets of Mr. Romney. Can you please share some of the specifics with us? Such as where in the United States of America he's invested some of his substantial wealth? Thanks.
If you think I have insider knowledge to know that Romney has money invested in the US you need to expand your News outside of MSNBC.

Mitt Romney (R-Mass) | Personal Finance Disclosure | OpenSecrets

There is nothing wrong with investing money overseas or having a trustee invest money for you. Should Romney be more transparent? Yes. Should Obama be more transparent? Yes - and not just with his own personal life - but also with politics. Romney is too afraid of Obama's attacks on successful people - i.e. Bain Capital.

The fact that you write off Obama using tax payer money to give handouts to overseas companies - I can't even use the word investment, because we get nothing in return and they have no US employees -- all while condemning Romney for using private money shows that you do not want an honest or fair discussion.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:56 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,383,703 times
Default Absolutely not

The more light that is shown on this privileged, out-of-touch goon, the worse he looks. There's a reason why he was soundly rejected in 2008. He stinks. He can't spin this issie to his benefit and it is a thorn in his neck. Michelle Obama is more qualified and better suited to be the POTUS than Romney.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.

Old 07-10-2012, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
The more light that is shown on this privileged, out-of-touch goon, the worse he looks. There's a reason why he was soundly rejected in 2008. He stinks. He can't spin this issie to his benefit and it is a thorn in his neck. Michelle Obama is more qualified and better suited to be the POTUS than Romney.

Enjoy President Obama's second term.
When you bought a Lexus most of Toyota's profits went to Japan. So you are not against free trade and markets, why is it wrong then for an American to make money overseas?

Old 07-10-2012, 02:02 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Most of the trailer park crowd and the tin foilers hate Obama so much, they really don't care. What's funny is these poor a$$ republicans who have a hard time realizing that Romney despises their kind. He would send them to China with their menial jobs if he could. All he cares about is money and doesn't have any regard for the thousands of people he runs over to get it. American greed at its finest.
Honey............it's the trailer park crowd that is so jealous and whacko about Romney's money. We Obam haters couldn't care less about Romney's money.

You can't have it both ways. The useless idiots who are always babbling about someone hiding their money are just pizzed because they'll never have any.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections