Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 07:43 PM

9,984 posts, read 10,388,406 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlassoff View Post
He won't release additional years of tax history.

Let's speculate about what he's hiding....

I am guessing some years he paid near 0 taxes due to offshoring income in a border-line illegal, and certainly, immoral tax evasive maneuver.

What do you speculate it is he's trying to hide?
Probably that he did not pay, or payed very little in taxes in one or more of those years. With the battering the stock market took in '08 it would not surprise me if he got out of taxes sometime around then.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM

8,949 posts, read 12,131,290 times
He can put an end to all this speculation by releasing his tax returns.

Why wouldn't he if he has nothing to hide? It makes no sense... Unless there is something very, very damaging in there.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,510,115 times
Since we're filling Romney's vacuum with rampant speculation, here's my guess:

Romney's reason for not releasing his tax statements has nothing to do with his wealth. This is no surprise to anyone; if he were to release them now the issue would die. The REAL reason has to do with his dependents: He has children from other wives that are younger than his 'public' family; the last one turned 18 in 2009. As a polygamist these children are from wives he married after Ann; and he is still married to them. As his first wife; Ann is his 'public' one. To provide for his other wives, he has given them 'do nothing' positions in his companies where they collect salaries and benefits.

Old 08-02-2012, 07:50 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
As soon as the Bush era tax cuts expire in Dec. And if am lucky enough to be in that higher income bracket, I will be more than happy to do so.

Until then I want to see presidential nominee Romney's tax return's
It's always an excuse.

You know as sure as you breathe that you won't pay more than you are required to pay.

Let's see your returns. If you want to talk about it, prove it. Let's see your returns for the last couple of years and then for the next 2 or 3 years. Deal?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM

10,016 posts, read 12,572,543 times
Did you know that whe he left the govornor's office he took all the computers with the records of what he had done while in office. The gut seems to have privacy issues. Most high ranking politicians just love to have their records public for posterity but not mitt.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:00 PM

2,930 posts, read 2,223,612 times
Quote:
He can put an end to all this speculation by releasing his tax returns.

Why wouldn't he if he has nothing to hide? It makes no sense... Unless there is something very, very damaging in there.
That's stupid.

Why not apply the same logic to Obama's college records?

If he has nothing to hide, why not release them?

Same principle.

Liberals can't have it both ways.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:02 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,191,594 times
Quote:

I am guessing some years he paid near 0 taxes due to offshoring income in a border-line illegal, and certainly, immoral tax evasive maneuver.

Romney is not hiding as much as obama has, after all he is over 3 years into his term and we still have yet to see his school records.

Last edited by monkeywrenching; 08-02-2012 at 08:11 PM..

Old 08-02-2012, 08:09 PM

58,973 posts, read 27,267,735 times
Quote:

We should now base our positions on what YOU guess?

I am guessing you haven't quit beating your wife yet.

Apparently I am supposed to be more angry about what Romney does with HIS money then what Obama does with mine.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:21 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,414,093 times
Michelle Obama hasn't released naked pics or results of her chromosome tests yet. Let's speculate what he's hiding in his pants. "She" does look kinda manly.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:25 PM

12,669 posts, read 20,440,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lucknow View Post
Did you know that whe he left the govornor's office he took all the computers with the records of what he had done while in office. The gut seems to have privacy issues. Most high ranking politicians just love to have their records public for posterity but not mitt.
Is that why obama has spent well over 200,000 protecting his birth certificate and only showing a cert of live birth instead
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections