Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-08-2012, 02:24 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times

Advertisements

"This raises serious questions. If he has nothing to hide, why doesn't he just release his tax returns?" LaBolt asked. "This raises many questions about Romney's finances...."

Releasing tax returns isn't a requirement, you D-bag'. Replace "tax returns" with "birth certificate." Jesus wept. If you thought birthers were idiots, guess what. It's the same thing. What was required was given. Obama needs to get off this tack, 'cuz it makes his campaign look as foolish as the birther movement.

http://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/bal...y-fair-article

Old 07-08-2012, 03:21 PM

44,882 posts, read 33,261,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
"This raises serious questions. If he has nothing to hide, why doesn't he just release his tax returns?" LaBolt asked. "This raises many questions about Romney's finances...."

Releasing tax returns isn't a requirement, you D-bag'. Replace "tax returns" with "birth certificate." Jesus wept. If you thought birthers were idiots, guess what. It's the same thing. What was required was given. Obama needs to get off this tack, 'cuz it makes his campaign look as foolish as the birther movement.

Romney's Wealth Under Renewed Scrutiny in New Vanity Fair article - The Ballot 2012 (usnews.com)
I read the Vanity Fair article and then listened to the second half of Meet the Press at the same site and found that all this serious question crap is what the Obamas are using to detract from the real truth, Obama's record, and to try to make Romney look bad. Serious questions have been asked of LaBolt about his words saying that the word tax never came up in relation to the defense of Obamacare which is an outright lie as was proven by Megyn Kelly on her show on Fox News. The Solicitor General argued and argued to the Court that the mandate was a tax. That word turned up time after time in that argument.

This work of LaBolt's is so much like you got from what left leaners called "birthers" but they will try to use a defense of semantics to defend that lie. If it is so important for Romney to show his tax returns the past few years why can't we see Obama's school records from colleges? Yes, that is really semantics, the Dems will say in defense of Obama.

Old 07-08-2012, 03:54 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,096,009 times
Using the same argument, Eric Holder and Obama, what are you hiding? Under their standards, they must be hiding something serious..

Old 07-08-2012, 04:13 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,830,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Using the same argument, Eric Holder and Obama, what are you hiding? Under their standards, they must be hiding something serious..
Exactly. I rarely agree with you or Roy, but let's call it for what it is. I agree this is some sad, sad crap, Obama. Yout can't have your cake and eat it, too.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:42 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
while i wouldn't agree it's on the same level as the "birth certificate" (obama released his birth certificate in june of 2008) it's definitely in the same league with the birthers' "college records" demands and i agree it makes the obama camp look equally D-baggy.

Old 07-08-2012, 07:50 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,692,234 times
If your a presidential candidate everything should be fair game. The POTUS should be the most vetted person on the planet. Yes I believe a change in the vetting rules is in order. I believe Police Officer have a high level of vetting than than presidential candidates. Lie detector tests, pysch tests etc...

If not we end up the the likes of the current DBOTUS.

Old 07-08-2012, 09:12 PM

26,563 posts, read 14,439,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldogdad View Post
Yes I believe a change in the vetting rules is in order. I believe Police Officer have a high level of vetting than than presidential candidates. Lie detector tests, pysch tests etc...
well, obviously that would take a constitutional amendment but i'm sincerely curious about a couple things:

which government entity do you believe should be in charge of the psych test?

what questions do you believe should be on the lie detector test?

do you think there should be a system put in place for candidates to challenge the results?

Old 07-08-2012, 09:21 PM

29,817 posts, read 24,898,335 times
Sounds like the other side is getting desperate. Frankly, it could be discovered that Romney enjoys clubbing baby seals on the weekends and owns a sting of child labor sweat shops. Still better than 4 more years of this guy...

Old 07-08-2012, 09:26 PM

8,560 posts, read 11,212,862 times
Quote:

Romney's Wealth Under Renewed Scrutiny in New Vanity Fair article - The Ballot 2012 (usnews.com)
Maybe Romney should produce the law for LaBolt, explaining how he has satisfied the requirements. All LaBolt wants is to flash Romney's 250+ over Hector's 8 mills. Just more classless warfare from the left.

Old 07-08-2012, 10:34 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:

I don't think this is just Obama wanting to know this. I think we all do, I know I do and why wouldn't you. And Obama isn't looking foolish at all. Why would Romney have off shore accounts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections