Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Romney a liar or a criminal?
I believe Romney is a LIAR 46 51.11%
I believe Romney is a CRIMINAL 1 1.11%
I believe Romney is a LIAR and a CRIMINAL 43 47.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 06:26 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
The investments are in a BLIND TRUST.. So you admit you dont know what no input on investments mean, so why would we listen to you?
They're in a blind trust now, but were they when he ran the Olympics? Why would he need to put them in a blind trust for that? The trust would have been an issue while he's holding public office. How could the company have been in a blind trust at that point in time if he was still legally the President/CEO/President of the Board? You sound like the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.

I thought he voluntarily gave up the day to day management of Bain because he couldn't run the Olympics and Bain at the same time--there wasn't any need for a blind trust because there was no conflict of interest issue. The issue is that he still served in some capacity with Bain--at least as executive leadership on paper if not as day to day management--and he was listed on the SEC documents as President/CEO/President of the Board. If he wasn't involved with the company at all, that's misleading to investors and a huge "no no". People make investment decisions and do their due diligence based in part on the leadership of a company--that's the felony they're talking about. If he WAS involved, then he has to deal with the investment decisions made by the company during those years, including outsourcing. It looks like a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation. Regardless, as President/CEO/Board President he was legally responsible for the decisions made by Bain during his tenure there, and his signature would have had to be the one on legally binding documents.

I own a business. I don't know too many people who would be willing to take complete legal responsibility for the actions of underlings if they have no say or oversight over their actions.

Last edited by mb1547; 07-12-2012 at 06:40 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 06:27 PM

10,092 posts, read 8,205,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
100K salary? A mere 10 Romney bets. That's not a "real" salary & doesn't count. It's chump change!
My understanding is that was a minimum in the range he had to list. It doesn't state the actual salary.

Old 07-12-2012, 06:31 PM

13,711 posts, read 9,233,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I doubt Romney even knows how to lie.

WHAAAA....TTT!!!!!

Old 07-12-2012, 06:34 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
Yea, why would we want someone who has an 80% success rate in making money when we're in such horrible debt and economic straights. Yea, why!
Only someone living in Las Vegas wouldn't care how a politician's money was made...

Old 07-12-2012, 06:57 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,108,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
They're in a blind trust now, but were they when he ran the Olympics?
I dont know, but either way, its not illegal.
Quote:
Why would he need to put them in a blind trust for that?
Who said he had to?
Quote:
The trust would have been an issue while he's holding public office. How could the company have been in a blind trust at that point in time if he was still legally the President/CEO/President of the Board?
Because he owned 100% of the stock.
Quote:
You sound like the one who doesn't know what you're talking about.
Considering I'm the trustee of numerous corporations, I'm very familiar with what the hell I'm talking about. Search my postings and you'll see postings from me going back years to validate this is true.
Quote:
I thought he voluntarily gave up the day to day management of Bain because he couldn't run the Olympics and Bain at the same time--there wasn't any need for a blind trust because there was no conflict of interest issue.
Now your arguing against your own postings.. Up above yo asked if they were in a trust then, but now you go on to argue as if you know for a fact they were.
Quote:
The issue is that he still served in some capacity with Bain--at least as executive leadership on paper if not as day to day management--and he was listed on the SEC documents as President/CEO/President of the Board. If he wasn't involved with the company at all, that's misleading to investors and a huge "no no".
ooh no its not. It happens every single day in america. For example, when corporations go bankrupt, and the bankruptcy judge orders a trustee to manage the companies finances, the CEO and board doesnt disappear.
Quote:
People make investment decisions and do their due diligence based in part on the leadership of a company--that's the felony they're talking about.
No its not, unless you have some proof that he didnt disclose to his investors that he wasnt managing the day to day operations. What do you have to indicate this is true? Thats right.. nothing.. SQUAT, other than your made up misunderstanding of how trusts work.
Quote:
If he WAS involved, then he has to deal with the investment decisions made by the company during those years, including outsourcing. It looks like a darned if you do, darned if you don't situation.
Only when you prove he had dealings with investment choices does your scenario hold water.. Until such time, its bull crap
Quote:
Regardless, as President/CEO/Board President he was legally responsible for the decisions made by Bain during his tenure there, and his signature would have had to be the one on legally binding documents.
More ignorance.. Thats what power of attorneys are for.
Quote:
I own a business. I don't know too many people who would be willing to take complete legal responsibility for the actions of underlings if they have no say or oversight over their actions.
I have several businesses I own, some of them I've never even seen in person, same with Warren Buffet. It seems some people know more than you do.. In my scenario I'm the trustee, and I have CEOs and boards that run the companies for me. Why would I buy up a company if I didnt trust the management team to run them? That would be dumb..

Old 07-12-2012, 08:23 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,019,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Do you people even care about the truth? I doubt it otherwise you wouldn't be on your knees at the church of obama.

So Factcheck support Romney.. but they also say that Romney is not always honest as well

The Romney campaign cited our work in a
recent ad to accuse President Obama of running a “dishonest campaign.” The term “dishonest” is theirs, not ours, however. And we make no judgments about the personal character of either candidate, or their campaigns.
And we’ll just note for the record that FactCheck.org has also found numerous instances in which Romney has also strayed from the facts in accusations against Obama. He also claimed that he created 100,000 jobs at Bain Capital — a claim we found lacked support because it took credit for jobs added by companies long after Romney had left the Bain.
But that’s no excuse for the Obama campaign trying to saddle Romney with responsibility for decisions Bain made while Romney was somewhere else.

FactCheck.org : Romney’s Bain Years: New Evidence, Same Conclusion

they're politicians. period. Politicians lie. Republicans. Democrats.

Obama camp stretching truth about Romney's time at Bain.. Romney stretching truth about the 100,000 jobs he "created" (turns out not so he can't claim to know how to create jobs)
Think about that next time you are at your knees at the church of Romney

Old 07-12-2012, 08:31 PM

24 posts, read 14,214 times
Arrow Obama Campaign Suggests Mitt Romney Could Be A Felon

Obama Campaign Suggests Mitt Romney Could Be A Felon - YouTube

Old 07-12-2012, 08:35 PM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Ya don't say? There are 12 threads on this. Already debunked by Washington Post, CNN, Politifact. Obama is quite simply a liar.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:38 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,598,969 times
Thumbs up lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyndsong71 View Post
freedictionary.com

YOu might wanna use it before you ask stupid questions.

leave 1 (lv)
v. left (lft), leav·ing, leaves
v.tr.
1. To go out of or away from: not allowed to leave the room.
a. To go without taking or removing: left my book on the bus.
b. To omit or exclude: left out the funniest part of the story.
3. To have as a result, consequence, or remainder: The car left a trail of exhaust fumes. Two from eight leaves six.
4. To cause or allow to be or remain in a specified state: left the lights on.
a. To have remaining after death: left a young son.
b. To bequeath: left her money to charity.
6. To give over to another to control or act on: Leave all the details to us.
a. To abandon or forsake: leave home; left her husband.
b. To remove oneself from association with or participation in: left the navy for civilian life.

left 2 (lft)
v.
Past tense and past participle of leave1.

Old 07-12-2012, 08:40 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
Guess they want to talk about anything but the economy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections