Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Romney a liar or a criminal?
I believe Romney is a LIAR 46 51.11%
I believe Romney is a CRIMINAL 1 1.11%
I believe Romney is a LIAR and a CRIMINAL 43 47.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2012, 11:42 AM

5,653 posts, read 5,150,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
troubles brewing for Mitt... turns out he has been saying all along he wasn't responsible for the lay offs and such from Bain Capital as he quit the company in 1999... Guess what? Turns out he was there into the 2000's and indeed was the head of the operation

Do I detect another Flip coming from him? Guess those are just expected he has had so many

Forms Show Romney Ran Bain for Longer Than He's Claimed - Yahoo! News
A Politician? Lying? Whatever next...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2012, 11:44 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,530 times
Do you people even care about the truth? I doubt it otherwise you wouldn't be on your knees at the church of obama.

Old 07-12-2012, 11:48 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,744,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post

That really is a devestating piece. The Obama campaign has really come off the rails.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:01 PM

It won't matter to the low IQ c-d lefties. They've got a headline, dammit!

Old 07-12-2012, 12:04 PM

756 posts, read 713,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wargamer6 View Post
Do you even bother to read ANYTHING in this thread? This has been shot down many times.

This is an evolving (not to mention highly disturbing) story.

As Team BO has stated ... "stay tuned" ... more details to come...

Old 07-12-2012, 12:07 PM

Who were you last time you were banned?

There's no story here, just another pathetic attempt by the thugocracy you support. Like all of them, it's an epic FAIL.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:11 PM

827 posts, read 1,089,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
This is an evolving (not to mention highly disturbing) story.

As Team BO has stated ... "stay tuned" ... more details to come...
Right. That's a real objective source.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:14 PM

17,400 posts, read 11,966,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Militia Man View Post
This is pretty harsh coming from Bob Baur, Obama's lawyer who represented him on birth certificate lawsuits. If true, Romney is in some serious **** over this Bain stuff and it wouldn't suprise me if Team Obama wouldn't try to initiate a criminal investigation on Romney by Holder or the SEC in order to smear Romney and make the public perceive Romney is a criminal like Madoff. Baur said.....

"Romney and Bain claim that he was not involved with Bain, but Bain and its portfolio companies in their required filings under the Securities Exchange Act continuously certified to the Securities and Exchange Commission say precisely the opposite--asserting without qualification that he was a controlling person, fully in charge of Bain, under the Federal securities law. Under normal circumstances, the question of the truth of this representation would result in an investigation by the SEC into possible criminal, as well as civil, violations of the law."

Obama Campaign: Romney A Liar, Potential Criminal

Obama deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter suggested that Mitt Romney may be a criminal on a conference call with reporters this morning about a Boston Globe report that shows that Romney stayed at Bain Capital three years past when he said he'd left.

Cutter said that there were two ways to interpret the story. The first: Mitt Romney was "misrepresenting his position" at Bain to the Securities and Exchange Commission, "which is a felony."
The other way to interpret the story: the Obama campaign is desperate, and is lying.

Old 07-12-2012, 12:16 PM

How many more threads about this lie will be posted??

Old 07-12-2012, 12:17 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,341,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Not exactly. People hire others to run their companies all the time without turning over ownership or titles. In fact there are people that specialize in it

I'm President of a company in Texas, but I live in Ohio, and I havent been to the office since I bought the company.. Warren Buffet owns Coca Cola, Dairy Queen, and hundreds of other companies, do you really think he's out making ice cream?
Not exactly.
Buffet may own controlling stock in those hundreds of companies, but he does not run them. The only company he runs is his investment group.

While everything you said is true, the comparison of Mitt to Buffet isn't very accurate. Bain Capital is a venture capitalist group, and it's the nature of venture capitalism to seek out companies that are either intended to be bought and actively improved, or bought to be actively sold at a profit.

Buffet has the ability to actively impose himself into many of his investments as a controlling stock holder, but does not. He prefers to let them rise or fall on their own, and he makes money either direction if he wants to shed himself of his stockholdings.

Bain Capital took Buffet's position. They did what they wanted with every company they bought, with no say-so from the former owners. Both positions are perfectly legal, but Buffet and Romney chose totally opposing management paths as a general course of business.

Of course, there are instances where Bain probably did nothing much to one of their companies, and Buffet probably stripped out one of his and sold off the remnants. But in venture capitalism, the the exceptions do not prove the rule.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections