Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Is Romney a liar or a criminal?
I believe Romney is a LIAR 46 51.11%
I believe Romney is a CRIMINAL 1 1.11%
I believe Romney is a LIAR and a CRIMINAL 43 47.78%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-14-2012, 09:26 AM

2,635 posts, read 3,511,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
, repeating the same debunked lies, doesnt make them true. Silly Bainers.
So official SEC filings are 'opinions' and 'lies'?

Just like the Birthers, you won't accept any proof that contradicts your partisan view. I suppose you'll next start calling these documents forgeries.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 10:03 AM

1,695 posts, read 3,044,850 times
It seems fairly clear that Romney did not have a significant managing role to play in Bain after 1999 based on the recollections of former Bain people. Let's credit them with being correct.
BUT - IF they are correct, the there are lots of SEC Documents filed that are False. And sworn testimony. And Financial filings with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. These all show Romney to have been a managing partner/sole owner/ sole director, etc. of Bain into 2002. OOPS. Typo? Two Typos? Three Typos? Lawyer Misspoke?
Unlikely. Having filed/been signatory to many SEC documents over the years, I can tell you that several layers of review go into those documents before filing them. Many people are given the opportunity to catch errors.

So then which is correct? The sworn filings & testimony given back in 2002, or recollections made over ten years later?

They cannot BOTH be correct.

As someone posted earlier, SO WHAT if Romney did or did not run Bain during those years. That in & of itself doesn't matter. Big deal. It was a private company so they could do as they pleased within the bounds of the law. But what does matter is the filing of potentially false & misleading documents, if they are so.

Did He or Didn't He?

Old 07-14-2012, 10:09 AM

3,121 posts, read 3,096,310 times
Mitt47 asked Obama to apologize. Maybe he should run for President of Estonia, a country which thinks a thinskinned retort is presidential.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:14 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Look you are a Bainer. No amount of evidence can persuade you .
Actually, by your own definition, that makes you the "Bainer." (And no matter how many times you say it, it's not going to catch on.)

Old 07-14-2012, 10:14 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Mitt just does not want to own up to some practices that were either done by him, or in his name. Not much more complicated than that. It's RW aversion to acknowledging responsibility for not so good things.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:26 AM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,456,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Actually, by your own definition, that makes you the "Bainer." (And no matter how many times you say it, it's not going to catch on.)
Well "technically" (...LOL), if they don't believe, I think it makes 'em "No Bainers"!!

Old 07-14-2012, 10:27 AM

4,697 posts, read 6,448,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
It seems fairly clear that Romney did not have a significant managing role to play in Bain after 1999 based on the recollections of former Bain people. Let's credit them with being correct.
BUT - IF they are correct, the there are lots of SEC Documents filed that are False. And sworn testimony. And Financial filings with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts. These all show Romney to have been a managing partner/sole owner/ sole director, etc. of Bain into 2002. OOPS. Typo? Two Typos? Three Typos? Lawyer Misspoke?
Unlikely. Having filed/been signatory to many SEC documents over the years, I can tell you that several layers of review go into those documents before filing them. Many people are given the opportunity to catch errors.

So then which is correct? The sworn filings & testimony given back in 2002, or recollections made over ten years later?

They cannot BOTH be correct.

As someone posted earlier, SO WHAT if Romney did or did not run Bain during those years. That in & of itself doesn't matter. Big deal. It was a private company so they could do as they pleased within the bounds of the law. But what does matter is the filing of potentially false & misleading documents, if they are so.

Did He or Didn't He?
Excellent post. I don't give a crap if he did or did not do something - that doesn't matter. But Romney is saying something now that seems to be in direct conflict with official documents. If Romney is saying "A" now, and documents/testimony said "B" back then, it seems to be there are two basic and fundamentally opposing possibilities ... either the sworn testimony and documents are correct and Romney is lying now, or Romney is telling the truth now and the sworn testimony and documents are lies. I just don't see how both can be true.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:27 AM

6,721 posts, read 5,201,923 times
Quote:
Of course you are not interested in the truth. You lie when you claim he worked for Bain Capital after 1999. You present evidence of the fact that he worked after 1999. - as evidence that,that work was for Bain Capital when it has been repeatedly proven he wasn't.

Look you are a Bainer. No amount of evidence can persuade you .
Interesting tidbit just convinced me there is merit to all this. Looking at the 2003 disclosure form Mittens filed as he became governor there were dozens of organizations that Mittens held office, each was listed in the forms. The interesting aspect is that several of those Bain Capital organizations, that clearly listed Mittens as the 100% go to person, were created after Feb 1999 and before he became governor. If you're not actively involved in running Bain how are you creating NEW Bain Capital holding companies in your name?

Quote:
Government documents say former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney remained chief executive and chairman of Bain Capital three years beyond the date he said he ceded control, even creating five new investment partnerships during that time.
Length of Romney's tenure at Bain questioned | Politics - WCVB Home

A link to those government disclosure forms is embedded here, read the last ten pages, at least ten Bain entities are listed. http://www.city-data.com/forum/25160937-post15.html

Last edited by buzzards27; 07-14-2012 at 11:00 AM..

Old 07-14-2012, 10:32 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,872,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Well "technically" (...LOL), if they don't believe, I think it makes 'em "No Bainers"!!
LOL!! I wanted to rep you but CD wouldn't let me. No-Bainers--now this is a moniker that could catch on.

Old 07-14-2012, 10:36 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,388,397 times
Quote:
Lol, debunked several times, when CNN and Politifact called Obamama a liar.

I admire you pluck and the opportunity to remind everyone, that even the MSM is now calling Obama a liar, not good.
No, not debunked. Not everyone knew everything going on at Bain. The sec should have been notified that Romney no longer played an active role, and that did not happen.

What's wrong with asking, even Obama supporters at vain and calling that "debunked "? Its their job to help bain.

Only way to truly know, is to release his tax returns. There was a reason McCain didn't pick Romney.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections