U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-13-2012, 02:30 PM

801 posts, read 823,412 times

Advertisements

Alright, conservatives here's your chance. I will admit that I lean toward the liberal side, but I am interested in hearing what Romney can do to improve this country. But here is the rule: you cannot mention Obama. I don't want to hear "He will be better than Obama" or "Obama sucks." No, what will Romney do to improve this country? And no vague stuff either. How EXACTLY will his planned policies change what the country is going through right now?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2012, 10:52 PM

1,698 posts, read 1,486,917 times
No one responded to this?!?!

Not a one?!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:18 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,271,003 times
Yeah, that is pretty pathetic. And now that you mention it, I don't think I've heard any of Romney's policies articulated anywhere else here either!!

Old 07-14-2012, 11:58 PM

2,366 posts, read 1,146,568 times
Mitt Romney Speech Lays Out Economic Plan that Values "Opportunity" over "Entitlement"

"First, I will make an across-the-board, 20% reduction in marginal individual income tax rates.
Second, I will reduce the corporate tax rate to 25% from 35%, transition from a world-wide taxation system to a territorial one, and make the R&D tax credit permanent.

Third, I will promote savings and investment by maintaining the low 15% rate on capital gains, interest and qualified dividends, and eliminate the tax entirely for those with annual income below $200,000.

Fourth, I will take long overdue steps to correct failures in the tax code. I will abolish the death tax.

Fifth, I will bring stability to the tax code by making these changes permanent. One recent study estimated that simply returning policy certainty to pre-Obama levels could create 2.5 million jobs in less than two years."

Summary of his speech: Mitt Romney: A Tax Reform to Restore America's Prosperity - WSJ.com

Mitt Romney Speech Lays Out Economic Plan that Values "Opportunity" over "Entitlement" - YouTube
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or