Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2012, 10:10 AM

26,543 posts, read 14,354,381 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
To save anymore discussion, I wish Romney would release and I am sure he will but everyone has a right to see Obamas records as well. What is so hard for the left not to understand about this?
because it isn't true.

we have no right to see either of their private records. we can whine-n-moan and make it a campaign issue but at the end of the day we have no right to them (unless you'd like to add a requirement to POTUS in the constitution).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2012, 10:22 AM

77,772 posts, read 104,245,648 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Because school records have no relevance in running for president, maybe? (To quote you, what is so hard for the right not to understand about this?)

But if you think they do, why aren't Republicans asking for Romney to release his then as well? Why is it only Obama who is being asked for his college transcripts and thesis? Are they only relevant for a Democratic candidate for some reason?
you obviously are missing the point or certainly my point: I happen to agree, his transcipts unless phony mean nothing, and have no reflection on his ability or lack of same to be Pres, but neither does Romneys money unless it has been earned illegally or is hidden illegally? No one has suggested that....if I remember correctly the left couldn't stop talking about Sarah's transcripts after they finally were made public. None of this makes any difference in my opinion. I have said, yes, he shoud release more information, just to shut the other side up, but it won't. The next thing the left will ask for is reports on how old he was when he stopped wetting the bed or was he a virgin when he was married? For either side this is getting out of hand.

Nita

Old 07-17-2012, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
....if I remember correctly the left couldn't stop talking about Sarah's transcripts after they finally were made public.
palin's school transcripts were never made public.

Old 07-17-2012, 10:52 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,618,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katiana View Post
Now that's rich, admissions applications. A little story:

My daughter started the online application to the University of Colorado when she was a senior in high school. She got in elsewhere and didn't complete it. Two years later, she decided to transfer to CU. They did not have her app stored anywhere; she had to start all over! What makes anyone think that almost 35 years ago, colleges saved all this crap?

I started college in 1963. They still have my records.

I went to private high school, graduating 1962. They still have my records.

I suppose because your daughter 'quit', they saw no reason to keep a record of her.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-17-2012 at 01:24 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 07-17-2012, 10:55 AM

9,879 posts, read 7,988,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
I started college in 1963. They still have my records.

I went to private high school, graduating 1962. They still have my records.
Microfiche was a wonderful thing

Old 07-17-2012, 11:05 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,160,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
palin's school transcripts were never made public.

they sure werent, or everyone would have been talking about she went to 4 different colleges.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
they sure werent, or everyone would have been talking about she went to 4 different colleges.
the fact that she attended 4 different colleges is part of public record. her transcripts are private record and have yet to be released, either voluntarily by palin or leaked by a third paty.

Old 07-17-2012, 11:44 AM

18,258 posts, read 22,460,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Lexus View Post
Trump really is as dumb as he looks, a real-life Patrick. How a guy like that got to be rich, is beyond me.
1) His father was a real estate developer in the NY/NJ area -so he's not self made

2) Donald Trump started out by being a slumlord (he was sued in the 70s for not renting to Blacks
NEW YORK - NEW YORK - DOER AND SLUMLORD BOTH - Op-Ed - NYTimes.com

3) He licenses his name out to shady real estate development projects and has run a shady real estate school that got sued
NEW YORK - NEW YORK - DOER AND SLUMLORD BOTH - Op-Ed - NYTimes.com

Nation & World | Donald Trump's condo plan in Mexico collapses | Seattle Times Newspaper

Inside Donald Trump's Empire: Why He Won't Run for President - The Daily Beast

Old 07-17-2012, 01:35 PM

1,692 posts, read 1,952,347 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Christ Superstar View Post
If his College Admissions were/are sealed, the how did the NY Times know he was born in Hawaii?
Because we have a birth certificate and a birth announcement in the Honolulu paper, and Obama has stated it over and over and over and over and over and over and over again.

Jesus, birthers are dense.

Obama is one of the most transparent presidents we've had - his life has been an open book, literally.

What gets me is that Romney has had FOUR years to figure out this income tax thing, and he's still acting like he had his pants pulled down.

Doesn't bode well for him as President.

And the false equivalency:

Romney's income tax returns are not the same as Obama's transcripts or college application. Nobody gives a **** about the college application/transcripts except for the most crazed of birthers (which there seem to be a lot of here on CD), but the income tax forms? That's another story.

Old 07-17-2012, 02:58 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,057,891 times
If Romney doesnt want to become transparent to the American people with his finances thats a choice he can make but i suspect many on the fence voters are going to wonder why he wants to keep his finances secret and as a result have second thoughts about who they'll vote for..

Although Romney's accomplishments bare a second look .Daily Kos: Romney's accomplishments.

Last edited by jambo101; 07-17-2012 at 03:59 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections