Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 10:21 AM

7,800 posts, read 10,105,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
The Irish Republican Army are Christian and bombed buildings so renounce Christianity like a decent human being.
The difference is that mainstream Catholics have denounced the IRA and their terrorist actions.

Muslims, even those born here in America, have yet to denounce the radical Islam and Islamic fundamentalism. It is impossible for a good Muslim to be a good American.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 10:25 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
The difference is that mainstream Catholics have denounced the IRA and their terrorist actions.

Muslims, even those born here in America, have yet to denounce the radical Islam and Islamic fundamentalism. It is impossible for a good Muslim to be a good American.
Stop pulling facts out of your back end, who's the magical spokesman for all American Muslims? Am I to assume Kareem Abdul Jabbar was laughing gleefully and cheering when the towers got hit with planes? People in Muslim countries hate terrorists too, their families are being killed by funamentalists blowing things up. Your ignorance and bigotry is shameful and you should try reading a book rather than being programmed by lunatics like Glenn Beck. Renounce Christianity like a good little boy or be a hypcrite, your choice.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:26 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,519,711 times
One key difference is obama has continued to hide his "muslim" faith while Romney is honest about his. I'll pick honesty over lies any day of the week.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:29 AM

14,020 posts, read 15,011,523 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PhenomenalAJ View Post
Stop pulling facts out of your back end, who's the magical spokesman for all American Muslims? Am I to assume Kareem Abdul Jabbar was laughing gleefully and cheering when the towers got hit with planes? People in Muslim countries hate terrorists too, their families are being killed by funamentalists blowing things up. Your ignorance and bigotry is shameful and you should try reading a book rather than being programmed by lunatics like Glenn Beck. Renounce Christianity like a good little boy or be a hypcrite, your choice.
IRA fought of the Behalf of Ireland, not Catholics, Al Queda pretents to repersent Allah, not Afganistan.

Old 07-16-2012, 10:47 AM

3,236 posts, read 3,937,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
One key difference is obama has continued to hide his "muslim" faith while Romney is honest about his. I'll pick honesty over lies any day of the week.
Speaking of pulling facts out of your back end Also going to say Obama is a cannibal? Both are equally groundless ignorant statements.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
I disagree completely. I think religion can be a very important criteria when judging a person's overall fitness for any public office.

I find the fact that Mitt Romney actually believes that when he dies he will be transformed into a god living near Planet Kolob to be very scary. IMO, there is a fine line between religious belief and mental illness. Mormon theology clearly crosses that line with imaginary planets, magic translating stones, pre-Colombian Jews in North America, gold plates buried in New York that can only be read by a pedophile con man, etc.
What someone believes will happen to them personally after death and how they would manage a large corporation are quite different. I don't happen to believe in abortion, but I would never attempt to overturn the present laws. I have a particular family member who happens to be either an aliest or agnostic: she is ultra conservative also vey caring and a wonderful individual. How about orthodox Jews who do not believe in doing any work from sundown Fre to sundown Sat, would this make one unacceptable as our Pres. Unless an individual intends on using his/her Presidency as a tool to convert others to their religious views, the two have nothing to do with one another. Are conservatives or liberals the true open minded party?

Nita

Old 07-16-2012, 11:41 AM

4,009 posts, read 5,732,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I don't know one person who would not vote for Obama beause he might be a Muslem. Those people wouldn't vote for him regardless and that goes for the other side as well.

I will tell you, though I certainly am not an expert on the Muslim religion, I do know enogh about it (which doens't take much) to know their overall thinking is "force everyone to believe their way" (the rdicals that is) I have never known a Mormon to force their religion down anyone's throat. Yes, they do have ideas many of us have trouble with, yes, they can even be cliquee (spelling) and they do love to go door to door, which does drive some of us nuts, but they are also very peaceful people.
There are many Christians who want to force everyone to believe their way, too.

Old 07-16-2012, 11:57 AM

4,866 posts, read 5,677,571 times
I dont care for a president's religion. Their duty is to uphold the Constitution and perform duties outlined in that document.

They can be followers of the Flying Spaghetti Monster for all I care... As long as they are competent and do their job and take their Oath of Office seriously.

Old 07-16-2012, 12:59 PM

6,933 posts, read 8,492,393 times
The LDS are considered a cult, by a huge percentage of Americans. So, yes, it's a bit confusing that some few people would consider the LDS more favorably.

Old 07-16-2012, 03:12 PM

44,254 posts, read 64,351,440 times
To most independent thinkers, they are all cults.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections