Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:32 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Obama is up in OH, MI, PA and WI.

Nothing else really matters.

MI, WI, and PA are not states we ever counted on anway.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2012, 11:35 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,168,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Latest polls from Purple Strategies show Romney +3 in Florida. After all of his pandering to Hispanics Onama is only up 1 in Colorado and Virginia he's up two. I guess one maybe bright spot for Obama is he's up 3 in Ohio, a must win for Romney.

http://www.purplestrategies.com/wp-c...urple-Poll.pdf

RealClearPolitics - Latest Polls

Exactly, these attacks are doing nothing but making Obama look desperate and low. The Romney campaign know exactly what they are doing. Sometimes you just have to give someone enough rope to hang their silly selves with.

Old 07-17-2012, 12:54 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
LOL...folks chasing poll numbers in July. SMH...you guys must be bored to death.

Old 07-17-2012, 01:56 AM

27,142 posts, read 15,318,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mustang84 View Post
In effect, you want to kick the can further down the road by returning us to the policies that got us into this mess in the first place. We never will recover as long as we keep repeating the same mistakes.

Until we cut spending and raise taxes, we will never shed ourselves of the hovering debt cloud that is hindering growth. We can't control what is happening in Europe, but having the guts to admit we need to take some difficult steps to tackle our debt at home will do more to heal the US economy than any tax cut Republicans can propose. Also, it would be refreshing if Republicans would come clean and admit there are numerous external global factors that are preventing growth. They won't, because the less the base understands the more they can continue the charade that lower taxes will somehow offset our ballooning defense budget (which is spending cut taboo....but everything else including education is on the table!)

Republicans loved the individual mandate when they first proposed it in Congress in 1993. They hate it now at Obama's name is tied to it
. It's too bad, because there are many beneficial provisions contained within ACA that prove popular with most Americans (on both sides of the political spectrum) once you get past the talking points. Obama's biggest problem is that he has done a poor job educating Americans on ACA.

I have never understood how Republicans can be for energy independence and yet be so against sustainable, alternative energy generation and reduction. They whine about CAFE when appropriate, yet the market seems quite pleased with double digit increases in fuel economy over the last ten years. They whine about the green economy, yet LEED certified buildings that use 40% less energy are quite popular with owners, developers, and public institutions (and by extension, taxpayers) once they realize the short term cost premium results in long term energy savings. Why do Republicans only focus on domestic oil exploration when Japan, Europe, and China are about 15 years ahead of us in developing a sustainable society able to better weather shocks in the oil market?

Let's cut regulation and go back to the wheeling and dealing economy of the 2000's. Oversight of the financial sector, stock market, and lending institutions sounds like a horrible idea. We like boom-bust cycles every 5-8 years rather than sustainable, measured growth.

Considering Republicans keep repeating the same tired schtick to solve problems that my generation is going to be paying for, while remaining intellectually dishonest on real problems facing this country, I hope you don't mind that I prefer a "dummy" like Obama for four more years.

You sure represent this distortion as fact.

A few Republicans cast ideas about that had little support and never came for a vote due to that.

That there were liberal Democrats that opposed the very idea could be a claim that all Democrats opposed it but I won't make that claim either.

I prefer to stick with what really happened.
Do some research.

Old 07-17-2012, 05:31 AM

2,168 posts, read 3,387,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
You sure represent this distortion as fact.

A few Republicans cast ideas about that had little support and never came for a vote due to that.

That there were liberal Democrats that opposed the very idea could be a claim that all Democrats opposed it but I won't make that claim either.

I prefer to stick with what really happened.
Do some research.
A few? Nineteen GOP senators introduced the legislation, including four that are still sitting Senators today. That was almost half of the Senate in 1993.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:26 AM

9,598 posts, read 16,566,362 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
MI, WI, and PA are not states we ever counted on anway.
Then you may as well count on losing.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:30 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,418,524 times
Another day, another Dem skewed poll, Obama up 2 and within the ME.

Marist poll: Obama 48, Romney 46 « Hot Air

Old 07-17-2012, 09:31 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,161,008 times
Bain ads are showing Obama's desperation is equal to saying Romney's face is beating up Obama's fists. LOL

Old 07-17-2012, 09:46 AM

13,221 posts, read 12,320,851 times
The funny thing about this is that people are voting against Obama and not for mitt, this holds true even for established republicans. I mean like, really?? It does not make much sense to me as to why many people poor/middleclass people are voting against their own best interest. mitt has not said exactly what he would do except the opposite of whatever the current president has done. In otherwords all of his answers have been "after I'm elected I will do...." Personally I want to know what and how do you propose on doing anything except tax breaks for the wealthy.

Old 07-17-2012, 09:53 AM

56,988 posts, read 35,198,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Another day, another Dem skewed poll, Obama up 2 and within the ME.

Marist poll: Obama 48, Romney 46 « Hot Air
Another day, another person worrying about polls in the middle of July.

And of course, if the poll reads in a way that someone doesn't like, then time to cry about how the poll is skewed by the other party.

Astounding that adults actually participate in this tomfoolery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections