U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,375 posts, read 19,640,158 times
Reputation: 7876

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Exactly!!

I say Romney should not release anything....especially until Obama releases his sealed college transcripts and other documents.

Great wording btw! Obama is a gangster president. How shameful for this country to have such a loser in charge. November cannot come soon enough.

How did George W. Bush's college transcripts look? I am sure he released them under GOP insistence right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:06 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,375 posts, read 19,640,158 times
Reputation: 7876
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucsLose View Post
When you cant run on your record, attack. You libs are sad and pathetic.
One thing for sure! Romney cannot run on his record!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:07 PM
 
1,922 posts, read 1,497,748 times
Reputation: 796
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
One thing for sure! Romney cannot run on his record!
In a sane world, neither could Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:11 PM
 
20,675 posts, read 8,831,315 times
Reputation: 7150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg_IA View Post
You think it would stop with him releasing the records?

If Romney has completed his taxes for the years they want released, I wouldn't doubt that Obama has already seen them and has something specific in mind,
but can't mention it since they are supposed to be between the IRS and the tax filer.

I'm not sure what the privacy policy of the IRS is.

And the reason the questions of Obama's records went nowhere has something to do with a media that will insinuate repeatedly that you are a racist for questioning Obama, and most people in politics fear that.

I have no doubt about that. It isn't the IRS though. He released them to McCain, right. So which is more damaging to Romney....to release or not to release. He should just take his chances and do it now. The more he resists the more leverage the dems have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:15 PM
 
Location: Midwest
31,375 posts, read 19,640,158 times
Reputation: 7876
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bily Lovec View Post
obama hates successful people. Romney is a perfect example of success.

How do you know that? Have you seen Mitt's tax returns?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:23 PM
 
3,448 posts, read 2,680,345 times
Reputation: 478
Is there really nobody else running for people to vote for..?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:41 PM
 
Location: DFW
2,265 posts, read 2,775,472 times
Reputation: 1289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Romney: Releasing past tax returns would give Obama more to

This strikes me as decidedly idiotic advice from the hamsters that are seemingly running this man's campaign - unless there is really something to hide. If there is nothing to hide in his tax returns, then only "ammo" he would provide Obama would be a set of clean tax returns. Why wouldn't he WANT to release them and take the wind out of his opponent's sails? Wouldn't doing that HURT Obama more than anyone else? Wouldn't doing so work to Romney's advantage? Doesn't continued refusal provide EXACTLY the kind of ammo that Obama and his cohorts want to use against him?

Romney is under no legal obligation, but Presidential candidates - both Democrat and Republican - have a long history of releasing substantial documents on their tax histories. The fact that he's so interested in not releasing his makes me increasingly curious as to what he's trying to keep under wraps.

If you want to be a completely private citizen who keeps all this stuff out of the public eye, then don't run for public office.
Here's a question for you and your fellow liberals. How many tax returns has Barack Hussein Obama released?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
8,287 posts, read 7,530,330 times
Reputation: 3650
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Here's a question for you and your fellow liberals. How many tax returns has Barack Hussein Obama released?
2000 - Present: Tax History Project: Presidential Tax Returns
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 09:09 PM
 
Location: Wisconsin
20,368 posts, read 13,888,420 times
Reputation: 5239
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Romney: Releasing past tax returns would give Obama more to

This strikes me as decidedly idiotic advice from the hamsters that are seemingly running this man's campaign - unless there is really something to hide. If there is nothing to hide in his tax returns, then only "ammo" he would provide Obama would be a set of clean tax returns. Why wouldn't he WANT to release them and take the wind out of his opponent's sails? Wouldn't doing that HURT Obama more than anyone else? Wouldn't doing so work to Romney's advantage? Doesn't continued refusal provide EXACTLY the kind of ammo that Obama and his cohorts want to use against him?

Romney is under no legal obligation, but Presidential candidates - both Democrat and Republican - have a long history of releasing substantial documents on their tax histories. The fact that he's so interested in not releasing his makes me increasingly curious as to what he's trying to keep under wraps.

If you want to be a completely private citizen who keeps all this stuff out of the public eye, then don't run for public office.
Why bother, 0bama has so dumbed down the country, that simply putting money into a Cayman Islands bank account is tantamount to being a criminal and un-Americana.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-18-2012, 09:41 PM
 
Location: West Egg
2,161 posts, read 1,665,064 times
Reputation: 1278
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Towner View Post
Here's a question for you and your fellow liberals. How many tax returns has Barack Hussein Obama released?
I guess you weren't paying attention in 2008. That, and you were too lazy to spend the 8 or so seconds it would have taken you to google up all of the President's tax returns dating back to 2000.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:50 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top