U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 08:08 AM

22,241 posts, read 15,309,069 times

Advertisements

Well, Obama will talk about ACA, by the way thanking Mitt for the design. Obama will talk about 4.5 million private sector jobs, specific suggestions for addition jobs bills that would actually help. Obama will set out a plan to reign in Fed spending and Tax reforms that will get the Country to actually deal with long term debt. Now we have Mitt. Like pretty much all Miss USA or Miss America or Miss Universe contestants, Mitt will "end world hunger", he will "end middle east strife" and if any Country disagrees with him, he will send in the Marines. Yep, Obama is in deep trouble in the debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2012, 09:18 AM

12,439 posts, read 10,307,277 times
Mitt Romney is socially awkward. He comes off as wooden. He reminds me of Gore in that respect.

Old 07-21-2012, 09:26 AM

2,887 posts, read 4,816,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Dunno about "debating", but Obama sure seems to be able to sing a whole lot better than Romney (who's apparently tone deaf... about a lot of things). And agreed, "coolness" counts!

Obama Sings Al Green at The Apollo Theater - YouTube
Good plan! Re-elect a communist because he is cool..!

Old 07-21-2012, 09:29 AM

2,887 posts, read 4,816,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Of course, all of those things you mention are just emotion on your part. He's done plenty of things. Pretty good that he inherited a massive economic mess that was mostly caused by Republican ideologies and leadership.

Both are good debaters. Mitt definitely had more than a few slips in all of the primaries. The Republicans had a LOT of debates in the primaries to prep for Obama. Those debates though were all fluff for the most part. Few of the candidates put forward any real ideas. They had to appeal to what is unfortunately a pretty stupid Republican social faux-conservative base.

Romney will be prepared, but it's doubtful that he'll win. He's vulnerable on too many topics. He can't attack Obama on Obamacare given that he passed the same law. He can't really hit him too much on the economy given that Republicans largely caused the mess. He'll have to appeal to moderates and he's going to have a hard time doing that.
obama is NOT a good debater, he reads the teleprompter very well. In a live debate with Romney, he will be devoured and shown up for the complete failure he is...
Fortunately, he will soon be gone and the country will be saved..........

Old 07-21-2012, 09:30 AM

7,249 posts, read 5,583,795 times
Debating Romney should be a cakewalk, if Obama is willing to go into attack mode. Something to the effect of "I know Governor Romney both supports and opposes this, depending on the time of the day" stuck into every response should get the point across and get Romney flustered.

There's a reason Romney dodges interviews.

Old 07-21-2012, 01:13 PM

5,697 posts, read 5,456,386 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Of course, all of those things you mention are just emotion on your part. He's done plenty of things. Pretty good that he inherited a massive economic mess that was mostly caused by Republican ideologies and leadership.

Both are good debaters. Mitt definitely had more than a few slips in all of the primaries. The Republicans had a LOT of debates in the primaries to prep for Obama. Those debates though were all fluff for the most part. Few of the candidates put forward any real ideas. They had to appeal to what is unfortunately a pretty stupid Republican social faux-conservative base.

Romney will be prepared, but it's doubtful that he'll win. He's vulnerable on too many topics. He can't attack Obama on Obamacare given that he passed the same law. He can't really hit him too much on the economy given that Republicans largely caused the mess. He'll have to appeal to moderates and he's going to have a hard time doing that.

oh, I agree with you, Obama has done plenty!
too bad it has help screw our country to the point it will take years to get out of it!!
As far as a debate go I am interested in the questions from the monitors
they were soft on Obama in '08 and hard on Hillary
she kicked his ass several times
and if they ask him anything about more than basket ball or golf, he is screwed
he has no record to brag about
he is the worse hack and I do not know really if I can sit through one, since he makes me sicker every time I see him
and to think I used to think him nice looking, today he makes me G*A*G*
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or