Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2012, 08:23 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,518,799 times

Advertisements

Romney will be far better for ALL Americans, even the sick in the mind and heart lefties.

Last edited by CaseyB; 07-19-2012 at 12:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2012, 08:36 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Romney is by no means the ideal candidate to reduce the corruptibility of government, but on every issue his position is superior to Obama's on this parameter. We need a level playing field, not some bureaucrat deciding who must obey the law or be fined, and who will get a waiver.
You're missing the point. I'm voting for Romney because I don't want a level playing field. This is what I want:

-Less regulation on proprietary trading and private equity
-Lower capital gains tax

Romney will do a better job of putting money in my pocket. I care about expensive cars, nice suits and apartments with a view of the Empire State Building. Is it bad that Romney's policies will probably screw over the working man? Yes, but if they're too dumb to see that, then so be it. I care about me and my family having access to vacations, private schools and the Ivy League. I don't care about what's "fair" whatever that might mean.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:12 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times
we need leaders including congress that will stop the debting.
we switched from bush to obama bek he made this promise, he broke it.
its not about skin tone, its not about party affiliation, its about the money show me the money.

Old 07-19-2012, 09:20 AM

32,087 posts, read 34,676,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
we need leaders including congress that will stop the debting.
we switched from bush to obama bek he made this promise, he broke it.
its not about skin tone, its not about party affiliation, its about the money show me the money.
More like "Show me the jobs!" Obama has not created a single job in four years!

Old 07-19-2012, 10:23 AM
F40

826 posts, read 857,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajanYankee View Post
You're missing the point. I'm voting for Romney because I don't want a level playing field. This is what I want:

-Less regulation on proprietary trading and private equity
-Lower capital gains tax

Romney will do a better job of putting money in my pocket. I care about expensive cars, nice suits and apartments with a view of the Empire State Building. Is it bad that Romney's policies will probably screw over the working man? Yes, but if they're too dumb to see that, then so be it. I care about me and my family having access to vacations, private schools and the Ivy League. I don't care about what's "fair" whatever that might mean.

Wow!!!!

This is what a lot of people fear from the Republican party.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times

I am socially conservative and usually vote Republican. But I will not be voting for Romney.

If Romney is the GOP nominee, I won't be voting for president in this election; and no amount of fear-mongering will change my mind.

I doubt I am the only one who thinks this way.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:30 AM

2,395 posts, read 3,010,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glitch View Post
Article I, Section 8, Clause 1 of the US Constitution gives Congress the power to levy taxes for the purpose of national defense and/or the general welfare.
But not the power to levy an income tax.

That would be the 16th amendment.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:33 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by king's highway View Post

I am socially conservative and usually vote Republican. But I will not be voting for Romney.

If Romney is the GOP nominee, I won't be voting for president in this election; and no amount of fear-mongering will change my mind.

I doubt I am the only one who thinks this way.

Interesting. My mother has expressed a similar view. What turned you off to Romney, and what turned you off to Obama?

Old 07-19-2012, 10:39 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post

Interesting. My mother has expressed a similar view. What turned you off to Romney, and what turned you off to Obama?

I have a conspiracy theory about Obama [and who really pulls his strings] that I will keep to myself at present.

When Romney was governor [of a liberal northeastern state] he supported his state's version of Obamacare.

Romney is too liberal for my vote... and his religion doesn't help his case either.

Old 07-19-2012, 10:42 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,941,962 times
I am a policy wonk and I read about what Romney says he wants to do, which include lowering taxes more than the Bush tax-rates on the rich and cutting Medicare, Social Security and Medicaid for everyone else. He also talks about closing "loophole," like the mortgage tax deduction. (Wait, that's not a loophole, that's an intentional deduction for the middle-class.) Romney also talks about "broadening the base," which is newspeak for taxing people who make so little that they pay no income taxes. These people are mostly the elderly and disabled.

So all together, Romney proposes to shift the tax burden from the rich downward and cut federal programs for the poor. I can't see why any middle-class person should vote for this guy. The country will be even more controlled by the elite after he got done with it and income inequality will be shifted even more to the rich.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections