Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:06 PM

12,687 posts, read 6,733,704 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Of course you don't. That's why you keep bringing it up. Geesh, birthers!!

BTW, Trump was openly mocked and made a fool of at the Correspondent's Dinner following the release of the LFBC. Obama played him for the sucker he is right to the end. Watch the video--even The Donald knew it. Only a birther would call being humiliated on national TV a win for Trump. LOL.
While I take a bit of satisfaction seeing The Donald embarrassed, it's kinda irrelevant to the topic at hand since Romney was never among the birther crowd to begin with. In fact -- if you will remember -- the birthers went after Mitt Romney too!

Birthers are just crazy. Insisting on proof that you were born in the USA is a valid request. Once that proof has been provided, the appropriate response is to sit down and shut up.

I remember quite clearly that Mitt Romney released his tax returns during the GOP primaries specifically because his opponents demanded it. He's released 2010 and 2011 that I know of. If he releases all tax returns going back to his very first job and paycheck, he'll be the first presidential candidate to do so ... ever.

To be completely fair, I think an exchange is in order. Obama must release all of his college records and all of the requested Fast and Furious documents the House asked for in exchange for Romney releasing all of his tax returns. Since the IRS has all of those tax returns in hand and has never come after Romney over anything, I think it's a helluva lot safer bet for Romney than it is for Obama. What if allegations that Obama applied for college scholarships as a non-citizen are true? What if Obama knowingly put weapons in the hands of drug cartels -- weapons that were used to kill hundreds of people?

Do Obama supporters really want full transparency? Can their man pony up or does he have a laundry list of dirty secrets he's hiding?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 04:12 PM

4,991 posts, read 4,504,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Boy, thats a stretch.. Tell me what people did to show their respect for the office before there was tax return filings? You guys just keep making up garbage thats utterly histerical..
I don't, I'd ask Willard's father because he's the one that thought is was the appropriate thing to do as did EVERY candidate since. But, hey, you guys want uncle Willard to win so bad that you're ready to overlook the fact that he's intentionally hiding something. Really sad.

But you want to see a teenagers college transcripts.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:17 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,101,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
I don't, I'd ask Willard's father because he's the one that thought is was the appropriate thing to do as did EVERY candidate since. But, hey, you guys want uncle Willard to win so bad that you're ready to overlook the fact that he's intentionally hiding something. Really sad.
Romneys father is about as immaterial to the discussion as what Obamas half brother does.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
But you want to see a teenagers college transcripts.
You just said you arent making up garbage, and then you go on to post garbage like this. I havent once asked about his college transcripts, nor has he released them. I've pointed out how hypocritical it is for people like you to defend Obama not releasing documents, while then demanding Romney release others. Tell me Frozenyo, is being a hypocrite a new admirable feature for Democrats?

If Obama can stand around telling you that he's not releasing documents, and you defend them, then clearly you're a hypocrite for demanding them of Obamas opponent.

Ooh wait, you're one of thsoe people who defend the non release of Fast and Furious documents as well, right?

Old 07-20-2012, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Do Obama supporters really want full transparency? Can their man pony up or does he have a laundry list of dirty secrets he's hiding?
The irony of the very same individuals calling for Romney's tax records, are the very ones defending Obama for not releasing Fast and Furious documents.

Old 07-20-2012, 04:28 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCCCB View Post
Romeny released tax returns as well, so what is your beef? He released and many as Obama when he ran for office.
No, he didn't.

Why won’t Romney show his money trail? - The Washington Post
Quote:
During his 1994 Senate race, Mr. Romney called on Sen. Edward M. Kennedy (D) to release his tax returns and show he had "nothing to hide. Neither candidate released his tax information.
But, hey, in your rush to excuse and justify anything Romney does, don't bother finding out if your claims have any basis in, you know, reality...

Old 07-20-2012, 04:34 PM

2,160 posts, read 1,955,066 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Ummmmm...DA???

Romney released two years just as Obama and McCain did.

Are you REALLY that ill-informed?
Oh, the irony of this sniveling, arrogant statement, coming just one sentence after you cluelessly maintain that Obama only released two years of tax returns (I'll assume you're ignorant, not deceitful -- but feel free to set the record straight).

Quote:
March 25, 2008
Barack Obama and his wife released their tax returns from 2000 to 2006 on his campaign Web site Tuesday, and the Illinois senator challenged Sen. Hillary Clinton to release hers.
Obama releases tax returns, challenges Clinton to follow suit - CNN

Quote:
April 16, 2008
Sen. Barack Obama released his 2007 tax returns this evening, hours before his debate with Sen. Hillary Clinton.
44 - Obama Releases 2007 Tax Returns

That's eight years, genius (and he's subsequently released his returns for 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011, as they've been filed).

PS - you're wrong about Romney, too - he has released one year of returns (2010) and one year of estimates (2011 - he hasn't filed last year's returns, yet).

Sheeesh, get a clue...

Old 07-20-2012, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Onions View Post
No, he didn't.
Yes he did.. they are on his campaign website and already linked to on this thread.

Introduction | Mitt Romney for President

And in your very post above, you acknowledged he did. Make up your mind and stop flip flopping from posting to posting.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:27 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,532,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No, he released it in June of 2008, five months before the election. I suspect you knew that, too, but of course, but birthers never let facts get in the way of their lies.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Ummmmm...DA???

Romney released two years just as Obama and McCain did.

Are you REALLY that ill-informed?
You don't have a clue.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yes he did.. they are on his campaign website and already linked to on this thread.

Introduction | Mitt Romney for President

And in your very post above, you acknowledged he did. Make up your mind and stop flip flopping from posting to posting.
It has already been stated that he did release his 2010 and the estimate for 2011.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections