Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 10:28 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimar View Post
Clearly you have been in the dressage industry since infancy because this post has the tone of a mean teenage girl.
Nice try at deflection and rudeness...leftie. And at typically adding nothing to the discussion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2012, 10:29 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Nice try at deflection and rudeness...leftie. And at typically adding nothing to the discussion.
I just call 'em like I see 'em.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:33 AM

23,838 posts, read 23,113,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Geez, these leftwing trolls are getting dumber by the day.
For sure....and has accelerated my consideration of leaving the forum altogether. The outflow of decent liberal contributors has greatly exceeded the inflow of those worthy of reading. The OP is no exception.

Old 07-20-2012, 10:36 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
You worked as a barn hand?

I have been in the upper level dressage industry for over 13 years, my trainer is an Olympic level rider, and her trainers is one of only 3 us Olympic judges of whom also worked with my horse for over a year. And I beg to differ with you!

I had watched everyone I know work very hard wether they were riders or trainers.

Stop being so jealous.
and you are telling me that Mrs. Romney works hard as a horse trainer and that she will be riding her horse in the olympics? No, for the most part, I was not a "barn hand". . ..I have owned and ridden and shown number of dressage horses, I am not jealous of either the Romneys, or my friends who own and or ride "upper level" horses. I am saying that the "ego boost", that comes from owning an upper level horse is NOT a good reason to write off the costs of a very expensive hobby as a means of conserving one's wealth. I freely admit that I had neither the native talent nor the necessary funds to be successfull in any major way in the dressage world, but I lived and breathed "Dressage" for many years, and was fortunate to work with many superior riders. Dressage is a "game for the wealthy", and for those who have the talent to get corporate sponsorship, but do not kid yourself that that "corporate sponsorship" is not a tax writeoff!

Old 07-20-2012, 10:39 AM

1,698 posts, read 1,822,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroGuyDC View Post
For sure....and has accelerated my consideration of leaving the forum altogether. The outflow of decent liberal contributors has greatly exceeded the inflow of those worthy of reading. The OP is no exception.
But we will miss you insulting us so much!!

Old 07-20-2012, 10:49 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,588,124 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
and you are telling me that Mrs. Romney works hard as a horse trainer and that she will be riding her horse in the olympics? No, for the most part, I was not a "barn hand". . ..I have owned and ridden and shown number of dressage horses, I am not jealous of either the Romneys, or my friends who own and or ride "upper level" horses. I am saying that the "ego boost", that comes from owning an upper level horse is NOT a good reason to write off the costs of a very expensive hobby as a means of conserving one's wealth. I freely admit that I had neither the native talent nor the necessary funds to be successfull in any major way in the dressage world, but I lived and breathed "Dressage" for many years, and was fortunate to work with many superior riders. Dressage is a "game for the wealthy", and for those who have the talent to get corporate sponsorship, but do not kid yourself that that "corporate sponsorship" is not a tax writeoff!
I am not telling you what mrs Romney does with her horse as it is none of my business....and non of yours either. I also highly doubt you know for a fact the exact, if any, dollar amount has been written off by the Romneys regarding their horse.

I have also owned, ridden, and shown upper level dressage horses, along with importing them to ride and sell. All as an individual rider and not a trainer.

Again, you know for a FACT Mrs Romney has an "ego boost and is writing off the costs of her horse" .....doubtful. And I never said corporate sponsorship was a write off. I said that it was a means for riders and or trainers to help fund the upper levels of competition when doing so on a regular basis.

I don't think dressage is only a game for the wealthy. I know many people whom enjoy riding and learning and showing dressage and they are certainly not wealthy....they struggle and work extra in order to pay for their riding. They love their horses and enjoy the times spent around the barn.

My feeling is your posts reek of jealousy from a rider whom could not afford the upper level horses and could not afford to compete in that arena. Well, that is life! And just because someone else can, it does not make them bad.

Agian, I would love to see the proof of just how much, if any,the Romneys are writing off regarding their horse. However, at the end of the day, it is really no ones business.

Old 07-20-2012, 11:04 AM

3,088 posts, read 5,352,508 times
Quote:
I am not telling you what mrs Romney does with her horse as it is none of my business....and non of yours either. I also highly doubt you know for a fact the exact, if any, dollar amount has been written off by the Romneys regarding their horse.

I have also owned, ridden, and shown upper level dressage horses, along with importing them to ride and sell. All as an individual rider and not a trainer.

Again, you know for a FACT Mrs Romney has an "ego boost and is writing off the costs of her horse" .....doubtful. And I never said corporate sponsorship was a write off. I said that it was a means for riders and or trainers to help fund the upper levels of competition when doing so on a regular basis.

I don't think dressage is only a game for the wealthy. I know many people whom enjoy riding and learning and showing dressage and they are certainly not wealthy....they struggle and work extra in order to pay for their riding. They love their horses and enjoy the times spent around the barn.

My feeling is your posts reek of jealousy from a rider whom could not afford the upper level horses and could not afford to compete in that arena. Well, that is life! And just because someone else can, it does not make them bad.

Agian, I would love to see the proof of just how much, if any,the Romneys are writing off regarding their horse. However, at the end of the day, it is really no ones business.
and you (appear to be) very angry that anyone would expect that an Olympic dressage horse is an extraordinary luxury and that most taxpayers would agree that that type of luxury should not be underwritten by the taxpaying public. Indeed, I would also love to know how much of that expense is being off, but my assumptions are based on personal experience, and I think it is unlikely that they are incorrect.
There is no one who admires superior horsemanship more than I do, and I know how much hard work and personal sacrifice it takes to achieve such. Bravo to you and others who are doing that. So far as the Romneys go, Mrs. Romney is not the Olympic quality rider or trainer. I doubt that she rides the Olympic quality horse. She may be able to write off some of the expenses of the horse she does ride for "medical expenses", but that has nothing at all to do with the Olympics, or even national higher level dressage. I suppose you are fine with the extremely wealthy writing off such expenses as sending a horse to the Olympics. I would be delighted to find out that my assumptions about this matter are untrue, but I don't expect that to be the case.

Old 07-20-2012, 01:07 PM

5,152 posts, read 8,524,412 times
Did this thread get hijacked or what? Anyway, it's the clumsiness and bad judgement, with animals, in the past, about the joke here. If the Romney's want to go ahead and enter horse competitions, more power to them. I'd bet though, if that was the Obama's horse, the righties, most of them, would be wanting them to finish last.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
and you (appear to be) very angry that anyone would expect that an Olympic dressage horse is an extraordinary luxury and that most taxpayers would agree that that type of luxury should not be underwritten by the taxpaying public. Indeed, I would also love to know how much of that expense is being off, but my assumptions are based on personal experience, and I think it is unlikely that they are incorrect.
There is no one who admires superior horsemanship more than I do, and I know how much hard work and personal sacrifice it takes to achieve such. Bravo to you and others who are doing that. So far as the Romneys go, Mrs. Romney is not the Olympic quality rider or trainer. I doubt that she rides the Olympic quality horse. She may be able to write off some of the expenses of the horse she does ride for "medical expenses", but that has nothing at all to do with the Olympics, or even national higher level dressage. I suppose you are fine with the extremely wealthy writing off such expenses as sending a horse to the Olympics. I would be delighted to find out that my assumptions about this matter are untrue, but I don't expect that to be the case.

I'm guessing that regardless of any write offs Romney has, he still pays enough to cover several refunds for those that receive more back than they pay in.

Are you curious about Terresa Heinz Kerry's returns? Does their yacht fall under the same category of luxuries that the wealthy enjoy? Didn't they try to dock their yacht in a different state to avoid taxes? Were you this upset then?

The wealthy have tax cuts that are available to everyone whether they use them or not. It doesn't change the fact that the wealthy pay the taxes for those that don't contribute.

Old 07-20-2012, 02:39 PM

3,204 posts, read 2,866,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beenhereandthere View Post
Did this thread get hijacked or what? Anyway, it's the clumsiness and bad judgement, with animals, in the past, about the joke here. If the Romney's want to go ahead and enter horse competitions, more power to them. I'd bet though, if that was the Obama's horse, the righties, most of them, would be wanting them to finish last.

Yes, I guess it's a joke about seamus, the dog in the kennel on the station wagon. People ship their animals via airlines all the time. That's no safer or easier on the animal. Hunting dogs always ride in carriers in the back of a pickup around here. Many ride in the back of the pickup without a carrier. I've also seen several dogs in the drivers lap. I'm sure that's the safest way to transport a dog.

It's sad that the left can't find anything on Romney. The supposed party of tolerance picks on his wife for using a method of therapy for her illness and makes jokes about it. Very sad!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections