U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-20-2012, 09:28 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,083,730 times
Reputation: 1453

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sco View Post
No, you are not allowed to write off medical marijuana. That is another disgusting hypocrisy of the Romney royal family. She takes huge writeoffs for her dancing horses that she claims she uses to treat her MS, but neither Ann nor Mitt think that anybody should be allowed to smoke marijuana no matter how much it might help with their various illnesses including MS.
Lefties wrote the book on hypocrisy!!

Romney royal family....jealous much?

Ad btw.....it is not just a "claim" regarding the therapeutic benefits of riding for MS and a host of other physical ailments. Try a little research, buddy. I have worked with several programs over the years helping people with such ailments and have seen first hand the huge benefits.

Again I say, the pathetic jealousy from the left against those whom are successful in life is disgusting.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-20-2012, 09:31 AM
 
Location: #
9,605 posts, read 14,637,986 times
Reputation: 6282
The real question is this: Can Romney dance around his taxes as eloquently as his horse?

We should find out soon (of course, of course).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 09:49 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,083,730 times
Reputation: 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
The real question is this: Can Romney dance around his taxes as eloquently as his horse?

We should find out soon (of course, of course).
Well he probably can't dance around as well as obama has danced around his sealed documents in Chicago and his sealed transcripts and questionable religious ties and family ties. But alas, obama is a professional liar and Romney is not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 09:50 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,083,730 times
Reputation: 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
If the Romneys are flying with the horse, dare I say there's also a couple of pigs along for the ride?

(for the "lady" poster)
Why would they be flying with the horse? There are special planes for that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 09:53 AM
 
10,701 posts, read 6,049,888 times
Reputation: 5687
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
Well he probably can't dance around as well as obama has danced around his sealed documents in Chicago and his sealed transcripts and questionable religious ties and family ties. But alas, obama is a professional liar and Romney is not.
Yes, those college grades and "questionable religious ties" are much more important than the financial records of a guy who is telling us that his business acumen is his biggest qualification to be president.

Birthers, you've got to love their tenacity. It makes up for their lack of brain cells.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,088 posts, read 4,670,657 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
My understanding of the horse investment is that Mrs. Romney began riding in an effort to relieve symptions of MS. The exercises proved successful and she is an accomplished rider in her age group. Congratulations to her. So, though there are generous tax advantages/deductions available to horse owners which the Romney's aren't the only persons to take advantage of, there were/are reasons other than tax advantages for them to have the horse. The family has enough money that whatever deductioins they can claim are really insignificant in the grand sceme of things. They'd have the horse(s) even without tax deductions (which are only for a limited period of time). The "average" voter isn't likely to understand what the wealthy class of people enjoy, but I don't see reason to criticize here. Be generous and wish the family and the U.S. Equestrian team success in London.
one does not need a "million dollar" horse in order to ride to aleviate the syptoms of M.S. One certainly does not need a million dollar horse plus a full time trainer, entered in shows, both nationally and internationally, and all that goes along with that. I have worked for folks that "wrote off" their horse expenses as a business loss, and would not have had the horses without the advantange of being able to write off ALL expenses involved. If the Romneys are indeed paying for their expenses related to owning an Olympic quality Dressage Horse, I will admit that I was wrong. Unfortufnatly, I am too familiar with the process of declaring the horse a "business", and then writing off all of the expenses. Maybe this is why there is such secrecy around the tax returns, or at least one of the reasons.
If Mrs. Romney was an Olympic quality rider and trainer, who supported her horse with her personal money, or by teaching training, judgeing (and yes, I know people who do that, too), I would have no problem with expenses "written off", but we know that is not the case.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 10:08 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,083,730 times
Reputation: 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
one does not need a "million dollar" horse in order to ride to aleviate the syptoms of M.S. One certainly does not need a million dollar horse plus a full time trainer, entered in shows, both nationally and internationally, and all that goes along with that. I have worked for folks that "wrote off" their horse expenses as a business loss, and would not have had the horses without the advantange of being able to write off ALL expenses involved. If the Romneys are indeed paying for their expenses related to owning an Olympic quality Dressage Horse, I will admit that I was wrong. Unfortufnatly, I am too familiar with the process of declaring the horse a "business", and then writing off all of the expenses. Maybe this is why there is such secrecy around the tax returns, or at least one of the reasons.
If Mrs. Romney was an Olympic quality rider and trainer, who supported her horse with her personal money, or by teaching training, judgeing (and yes, I know people who do that, too), I would have no problem with expenses "written off", but we know that is not the case.
You do not get to decide what others "need"! Typical leftie mentality. You also do not get to decide what type of horse a rider decides to buy.

Again, I have been very active in the horse world for a very long time and do not know anyone whom is able to write off ALL their expenses. Trainers and owners of barns and training facilities are able to do more as they do own a business pertaining to horses.

I have to seriously doubt your involvement and knowledge of/in horse world. I do acknowledge your jealousy of those with more, however.

Most upper level riders and trainers with Olympic quality horses, and even those just competing at the upper CDI levels, obtain sponsorships in order to advance themselves....just like in all sports.

What a pathetic joke it is that lefties are even attempting to judge mrs Romney over this. Oh well, better get used to it....your messiah is being outed soon and you will have to start standing on your own to feet again.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 10:17 AM
 
Location: Phoenix, AZ
3,088 posts, read 4,670,657 times
Reputation: 1609
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
You do not get to decide what others "need"! Typical leftie mentality. You also do not get to decide what type of horse a rider decides to buy.

Again, I have been very active in the horse world for a very long time and do not know anyone whom is able to write off ALL their expenses. Trainers and owners of barns and training facilities are able to do more as they do own a business pertaining to horses.

I have to seriously doubt your involvement and knowledge of/in horse world. I do acknowledge your jealousy of those with more, however.

Most upper level riders and trainers with Olympic quality horses, and even those just competing at the upper CDI levels, obtain sponsorships in order to advance themselves....just like in all sports.

What a pathetic joke it is that lefties are even attempting to judge mrs Romney over this. Oh well, better get used to it....your messiah is being outed soon and you will have to start standing on your own to feet again.
I'm probably wasting my breath, but you've got it all wrong. I worked in the horse industry for more than 25 years. Most of the folks that I worked for were extrememly wealthy. One was an Olympic quality dressage rider! I KNOW FOR SURE that most expenses related to the "horse hobby" were written off as businesss expenses, to offset the profits made in their "money making" business'. The exception WAS the Olympic quality dressage rider who worked hard, not only at training his own horses, but as a clinician and judge. I believe that any write off's he made were legitimate, but the others, sorry, no way. . . .they were enjoying an expensive hobby at the taxpayers expense. . . . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 10:19 AM
 
Location: South East
4,209 posts, read 3,083,730 times
Reputation: 1453
Quote:
Originally Posted by cap1717 View Post
I'm probably wasting my breath, but you've got it all wrong. I worked in the horse industry for more than 25 years. Most of the folks that I worked for were extrememly wealthy. One was an Olympic quality dressage rider! I KNOW FOR SURE that most expenses related to the "horse hobby" were written off as businesss expenses, to offset the profits made in their "money making" business'. The exception WAS the Olympic quality dressage rider who worked hard, not only at training his own horses, but as a clinician and judge. I believe that any write off's he made were legitimate, but the others, sorry, no way. . . .they were enjoying an expensive hobby at the taxpayers expense. . . . . .
You worked as a barn hand?

I have been in the upper level dressage industry for over 13 years, my trainer is an Olympic level rider, and her trainers is one of only 3 us Olympic judges of whom also worked with my horse for over a year. And I beg to differ with you!

I have watched everyone I know work very hard whether they were riders or trainers.

Stop being so jealous.

Last edited by stayinformed40; 07-20-2012 at 10:30 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-20-2012, 10:22 AM
 
1,698 posts, read 1,534,718 times
Reputation: 766
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
You worked as a barn hand?

I have been in the upper level dressage industry for over 13 years, my trainer is an Olympic level rider, and her trainers is one of only 3 us Olympic judges of whom also worked with my horse for over a year. And I beg to differ with you!

I had watched everyone I know work very hard wether they were riders or trainers.

Stop being so jealous.
Clearly you have been in the dressage industry since infancy because this post has the tone of a mean teenage girl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:38 PM.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top