Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2012, 04:53 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,800,689 times

Advertisements

But his current strategy of stonewalling doesn’t pass the smell test.
Romney now is either the first sole shareholder, chairman, CEO and president of a company in history to claim that he had nothing whatsoever to do with managing that company or he is responsible for the worst practices of Bain.

After all, no one -- not me, not the Obama campaign, not the press -- believes that Romney committed a felony when he signed those SEC filings.
But by denying so forcefully during his five networks appearances on Friday that it was ridiculous and beneath the dignity of the presidency to raise the issue – and by not providing minutes of Bain Board of Directors meetings during the period in question to prove that he wasn’t involved in any decisions made during that time -- Romney has left open to belief exactly what the Obama campaign has been claiming: that Romney was indeed, as those filings suggest, the sole shareholder, CEO, chairman and president of the company through 2002, and is therefore responsible for the layoffs, lost jobs, raided pensions, bankruptcies and outsourcing of jobs overseas that he has denied he had any part in or responsibility for.

Read more: Mitt Romney only has himself to blame for Team Obama's Bain trap | Fox News

Old 07-20-2012, 05:00 PM

69,368 posts, read 63,955,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Romney now is either the first sole shareholder, chairman, CEO and president of a company in history to claim that he had nothing whatsoever to do with managing that company or he is responsible for the worst practices of Bain.
That makes no sense..

Romney is the sole owner, shareholder, chairmen, CEO of a company that he had nothing to do with, and because he had nothing to do with them, he only holds responsibility for the practices legally, in the event they do something illegal.

Didnt you ever take an entry level business class? Dont you know what a leave of absense is? Why do other people do the exact same thing if its not allowed to be done? As the sole owner of the company, why exactly cant he take time off and not manage it?

You make no sense.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:04 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,268,756 times
Fox News slams Mitt Romney; "Only has himself to blame."

Fox News, might as well have been Al Jazeera. Fox News is as left wing as a Muslim from Kenya.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:12 PM

4,734 posts, read 4,315,997 times
Romney's as skillful as they get when it comes to playing both sides of the fence. He's been successful at it for years, and it's one of the reasons why he's been a successful politician. Honestly speaking, that ability to push the pedal and then quickly throw it into reverse doesn't necessarily make me uptight; it shows that he's a pragmatist, which is what we really need in a politician. Obama's a pragmatist, too, I would add. America needs more pragmatists. It has too many idiots who are willing to fall on their own sword when it would be better for all of us if we'd just put them down and negotiate and compromise.

I don't have a problem with Mitt being a bit tricky, but I do have a problem with him being president. And it's for no other reason than I just don't think he can relate to the average person. I think we've had enough of people who can't relate to the pain and suffering of the middle class, or even those who are not even in the middle class. We need people who can understand how things look at ground level. Politics is and always will be a rich man's game, and Obama's not poor by any means. I get that. But he at least knows what it's like to live in an average neighborhood and to talk to average people. Mitt was born into money, just like the last president, and he will go out never having had the experiences that most of us have had, regardless of our current tax bracket in the year 2012. I'm guessing that regardless of our current income, most of us here - even republicans - know what it's like to shop for a car; to deal with used car salesmen; to get frustrated figuring out which tax forms to file (instead of just dropping it off at the accountant's office); to shop for food and clothes; to pump our own gas; to worry about funding our way through school; and to deal with home buying and homeowner problems.

Some would argue that the Kennedy's were rich and never had this perspective, and that the Roosevelts were also rich and never had this sort of insight either, and I guess that would be true. But they at least had the empathy that was required to do the job. They wanted an America for all, not an America for those who survived the game of economical musical chairs. That's reflected in their policies. I actually believe that Mitt Romney, the guy who ran Massachusetts, is not all bad. But he's hanging out with the wrong crowd, and he depends too much on their influence. He's another Bush in the making; another president who, if he wins, will probably win an electoral vote while quite possibly losing the popular vote. He will likely be another president who is not regarded as legitimate; who is rejected by the half of the country that doesn't relate to having offshore tax havens in Bermuda.

Obama's far from perfect. Personally, I think Hillary would have made a better president. I think Obama's naive and clearly has issues communicating and forming strategic relationships that serve him well inside the Beltway. But I'll still take him in spite of his faults, because we need empathy. We need someone to look out for those who are unable to protect themselves, and if the number of homeless people begging in parking lots is an indication, the number of such people is growing by the week, if not the day.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:14 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,800,689 times
That's a direct quote from the Fox News article I linked that you read.

Old 07-20-2012, 05:48 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,370,613 times
Quote:

After all, no one -- not me, not the Obama campaign, not the press -- believes that Romney committed a felony when he signed those SEC filings.
But by denying so forcefully during his five networks appearances on Friday that it was ridiculous and beneath the dignity of the presidency to raise the issue – and by not providing minutes of Bain Board of Directors meetings during the period in question to prove that he wasn’t involved in any decisions made during that time -- Romney has left open to belief exactly what the Obama campaign has been claiming: that Romney was indeed, as those filings suggest, the sole shareholder, CEO, chairman and president of the company through 2002, and is therefore responsible for the layoffs, lost jobs, raided pensions, bankruptcies and outsourcing of jobs overseas that he has denied he had any part in or responsibility for.

Read more: Mitt Romney only has himself to blame for Team Obama's Bain trap | Fox News
See unlike MSNBC, Fox allows counterpoints.
Quote:
Joe Trippi is a Fox News contributor and political strategist who has worked for Ted Kennedy, Walter Mondale and Gary Hart and turned Howard Dean into an unlikely presidential front runner in 2004.

Old 07-20-2012, 08:30 PM

3,045 posts, read 3,186,567 times
Quote:
Hahaha, good one.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:06 PM

1,956 posts, read 1,807,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
That makes no sense..

Romney is the sole owner, shareholder, chairmen, CEO of a company that he had nothing to do with, and because he had nothing to do with them, he only holds responsibility for the practices legally, in the event they do something illegal.

Didnt you ever take an entry level business class? Dont you know what a leave of absense is? Why do other people do the exact same thing if its not allowed to be done? As the sole owner of the company, why exactly cant he take time off and not manage it?

You make no sense.
Quote:
lol. Partisan hack fail.

People really gotta read the articles posted before opening their mouths so as not to look like idiots.

Old 07-20-2012, 09:42 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,628,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Fox News slams Mitt Romney; "Only has himself to blame."

Fox News, might as well have been Al Jazeera. Fox News is as left wing as a Muslim from Kenya.
This statement pretty much sums up what I've always thought about you, after reading your wild, fantasy posts..
You need to try to step into reality, It's not bad, you might like it

Old 07-20-2012, 09:45 PM

2,884 posts, read 5,628,943 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenfriedbananas View Post
Romney's as skillful as they get when it comes to playing both sides of the fence. He's been successful at it for years, and it's one of the reasons why he's been a successful politician. Honestly speaking, that ability to push the pedal and then quickly throw it into reverse doesn't necessarily make me uptight; it shows that he's a pragmatist, which is what we really need in a politician. Obama's a pragmatist, too, I would add. America needs more pragmatists. It has too many idiots who are willing to fall on their own sword when it would be better for all of us if we'd just put them down and negotiate and compromise.

I don't have a problem with Mitt being a bit tricky, but I do have a problem with him being president. And it's for no other reason than I just don't think he can relate to the average person. I think we've had enough of people who can't relate to the pain and suffering of the middle class, or even those who are not even in the middle class. We need people who can understand how things look at ground level. Politics is and always will be a rich man's game, and Obama's not poor by any means. I get that. But he at least knows what it's like to live in an average neighborhood and to talk to average people. Mitt was born into money, just like the last president, and he will go out never having had the experiences that most of us have had, regardless of our current tax bracket in the year 2012. I'm guessing that regardless of our current income, most of us here - even republicans - know what it's like to shop for a car; to deal with used car salesmen; to get frustrated figuring out which tax forms to file (instead of just dropping it off at the accountant's office); to shop for food and clothes; to pump our own gas; to worry about funding our way through school; and to deal with home buying and homeowner problems.

Some would argue that the Kennedy's were rich and never had this perspective, and that the Roosevelts were also rich and never had this sort of insight either, and I guess that would be true. But they at least had the empathy that was required to do the job. They wanted an America for all, not an America for those who survived the game of economical musical chairs. That's reflected in their policies. I actually believe that Mitt Romney, the guy who ran Massachusetts, is not all bad. But he's hanging out with the wrong crowd, and he depends too much on their influence. He's another Bush in the making; another president who, if he wins, will probably win an electoral vote while quite possibly losing the popular vote. He will likely be another president who is not regarded as legitimate; who is rejected by the half of the country that doesn't relate to having offshore tax havens in Bermuda.

Obama's far from perfect. Personally, I think Hillary would have made a better president. I think Obama's naive and clearly has issues communicating and forming strategic relationships that serve him well inside the Beltway. But I'll still take him in spite of his faults, because we need empathy. We need someone to look out for those who are unable to protect themselves, and if the number of homeless people begging in parking lots is an indication, the number of such people is growing by the week, if not the day.
You could have saved lots of writing if you would have just made it simple. Mitt Romney is so successful, he is going to whip the communist obama's butt, and it scares you to death. See, much quicker than your rant...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections