U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 07:22 PM

1,097 posts, read 1,447,160 times

Advertisements

Er, do you all mind if I throw some more logs on the fire:

Had it not been for Obama, we would have seen a depression that would have made the 1932 depression look like a day at the park. How many jobless people would be looking for work in the entire auto industry? From the people who fix cars to the people who make car parts to the shippers, warehouse men, and women! Teachers, cops and firemen would all be out of work.No loans would have been possible for big business with insurance agencies collapsing like AIG and Sachs. There would be a flood homes on the market. Once proud home owners would be begging in the streets, civil unrest...We would have lost both wars from lack of the ability to fund them! You’re able to rail against the president because you’re not homeless and have no relief in site as the policies of the republicans would have put you had Obama listened to them! This isn't about keeping spending down it is about never having another minority in the white house as president! Every attempt to get jobs out to the public has been stopped by republicans!
Why to destroy any chance of a minority from ever ascending to the highest office in the land, and you have played right into the hands of the spinners of lies, Bush, and trickle down voodoo economics put us here along with two unpaid wars, and unpaid pharma bills, along with deregulation! Your whining makes me sick when i think of how you republican lied us into wars, and into allowing deregulation of wall street!!! So get your facts straight before you talk about how Obama ruined this country!

By Jesse V on a Yahoo.com article 6/9/12
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 01:08 PM

5,467 posts, read 3,766,135 times
The left is getting what they want by bringing more people down.

Old 07-24-2012, 02:45 PM

9,605 posts, read 14,639,292 times
Gotta love the Republican hypocrisy on this one.

When a Republican is president and there are high levels of poverty, Republicans will claim it is the fault of the individual and their poor life choices.

Whe a Democrat is president and there are high levels of poverty, blame the government!

Old 07-24-2012, 03:14 PM

5,763 posts, read 4,347,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
I would be more qualified than the moron sitting in the White House right now.....at least I've owned a business and held executive positions before.

You can't be serious...you didn't even spell his name right! Yep, you're qualified for something all right; a dunce's cap.

Old 07-24-2012, 03:28 PM

5,787 posts, read 3,966,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crbcrbrgv View Post
Gotta love the Republican hypocrisy on this one.

When a Republican is president and there are high levels of poverty, Republicans will claim it is the fault of the individual and their poor life choices.

Whe a Democrat is president and there are high levels of poverty, blame the government!

When was the poverty level this high under a Republican and reverting back to the 1960's?

Of COURSE we blame Obama....he's leading us there. Highest level of people on Food Stamps, Disability, and now poverty all under his watch.

You're giving him a pass on all that?

Old 07-24-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIALE02 View Post

Had it not been for Obama, we would have seen a depression that would have made the 1932 depression look like a day at the park.
Completely conjecture...no way to prove that. I could just as easily say that McCain would have fixed the economy by now too.

Quote:
How many jobless people would be looking for work in the entire auto industry? From the people who fix cars to the people who make car parts to the shippers, warehouse men, and women!

Ummm.....Bush bailed-out the auto industry!:

Bush Would “Do it Again” on Auto Bailouts

Quote:
Teachers, cops and firemen would all be out of work.No loans would have been possible for big business with insurance agencies collapsing like AIG and Sachs. There would be a flood homes on the market. Once proud home owners would be begging in the streets, civil unrest...We would have lost both wars from lack of the ability to fund them! You’re able to rail against the president because you’re not homeless and have no relief in site as the policies of the republicans would have put you had Obama listened to them! This isn't about keeping spending down it is about never having another minority in the white house as president! Every attempt to get jobs out to the public has been stopped by republicans!
Why to destroy any chance of a minority from ever ascending to the highest office in the land, and you have played right into the hands of the spinners of lies, Bush, and trickle down voodoo economics put us here along with two unpaid wars, and unpaid pharma bills, along with deregulation! Your whining makes me sick when i think of how you republican lied us into wars, and into allowing deregulation of wall street!!! So get your facts straight before you talk about how Obama ruined this country!

By Jesse V on a Yahoo.com article 6/9/12

All unprovable blather as I said above.

We wouldn't have even NEEDED any bail-outs or stimulus IF Democrats has listened to Bush beginning in 2002 when he warned Congress 12 times that Fanny and Freddie would cause a financial crisis.

And what did Obama do to aid in that? He sued banks to force them to loan money to people who had no prayer of paying it back.

Old 07-24-2012, 04:55 PM

7,987 posts, read 11,207,162 times
Quote:
I'm SO glad that Obama spends every waking hour sharpening his laser-like focus on the economy and jobs!!

I'm SO glad he wasted two years of Congressional Democratic majority on shoving a health care system down the throats of an unwilling American public while ignoring the unemployment situation!

US poverty on track to rise to highest since 1960s

The ranks of America's poor are on track to climb to levels unseen in nearly half a century, erasing gains from the war on poverty in the 1960s amid a weak economy and fraying government safety net.Census figures for 2011 will be released this fall in the critical weeks ahead of the November elections.
Amazing, right? How can Obama stand in front of the American people with poverty rates climbing like this under his presidency. The guy is a joke and wasn't qualified to be president.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Amazing, right? How can Obama stand in front of the American people with poverty rates climbing like this under his presidency. The guy is a joke and wasn't qualified to be president.
What I actually find very sad is that the American Black Community idolize this guy and will probably vote for him again despite the fact that he's done absolutely NOTHING to help them. And they are experiencing unemployment rates much higher than the general population.

But, improving the economy will help ALL Americans no matter what color their skin happens to be and I firmly believe that Romney has what it takes to elevate everyone's standard of living over what we are seeing today.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:42 PM

9,038 posts, read 14,295,322 times
Quote:
I'm SO glad that Obama spends every waking hour sharpening his laser-like focus on the economy and jobs!!

I'm SO glad he wasted two years of Congressional Democratic majority on shoving a health care system down the throats of an unwilling American public while ignoring the unemployment situation!

US poverty on track to rise to highest since 1960s

The ranks of America's poor are on track to climb to levels unseen in nearly half a century, erasing gains from the war on poverty in the 1960s amid a weak economy and fraying government safety net.Census figures for 2011 will be released this fall in the critical weeks ahead of the November elections.
It isn't just affecting the poor. It is affecting he middle class and the rich too. The stock market has done squat and yet inflation which affects everyone is SKYROCKETING! They are starting to call this "The GreatEST Depression" far GREATER than "the Great Depression". At least during the "Great Depression", vegetable gardens weren't illegal like they are becoming today. There were a LOT more local farms and generally only one income was needed to provide a comfortable lifestyle. So if the sold breadwinner lost his job, the spouse could help out.

Today two incomes are needed to cover just the basics! It is FAR WORSE than back in those days.

Gerald Celente - Economy Worse Than Great Depression - Economic Collapse 2012 - Coast To Coast C2C - YouTube

Old 07-24-2012, 06:19 PM

3,458 posts, read 5,085,912 times
Emily,

Inflation has been flat for the past 4 years... It is actually hurting the economy as a small increase of inflation is a sign of a healthy economy..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or