U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 04:54 PM

10,932 posts, read 6,108,310 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Does Obama's signature accomplishment ALSO fall under the heading of "you didn't do that without help"?

I mean...Obama took credit for killing Bin Laden and has Joe Biden out there spiking the ball on that one.

But WHO REALLY killed Bin Laden?

What I'm saying here is that if it's OK for Obama to take credit for killing Bin Laden, despite the fact that he only watched it happen on CCTV and didn't take any risk himself...then doesn't the reverse apply to small businessmen who ACTUALLY took some RISK in their accomplishments!!
Did you miss the part where Obama praised the SEAL team and all of the intelligence agents that worked to carry out the mission? He is very specific in his praise for the many people who, under his command, accomplished this feat. He has no problem sharing the credit.

From his prepared comments after Bin Laden was taken out:

Tonight, we give thanks to the countless intelligence and counterterrorism professionals who've worked tirelessly to achieve this outcome. The American people do not see their work, nor know their names. But tonight, they feel the satisfaction of their work and the result of their pursuit of justice.

We give thanks for the men who carried out this operation, for they exemplify the professionalism, patriotism, and unparalleled courage of those who serve our country. And they are part of a generation that has borne the heaviest share of the burden since that September day.

As for the risk, do you really expect the president to be out there in the trenches? Were you disappointed that Bush wasn't in the lead tank for the invasion of Baghdad, instead of only watching it on TV back in Washington? Did that make him less of a Commander In Chief in your eyes, since he wasn't taking any of the risk himself?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:19 PM

5,787 posts, read 3,974,495 times
But Obama and Biden have been lauding this as a major accomplishment and a feather in their cap haven't they.

Now who took ALL the risk in starting a new business? Will the government stop you from going bankrupt after you invested your life savings in that business?

And since roads and bridges create successful businesses.....then did the roads get torn up in front of all the businesses that have failed?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:26 PM

Quote:
But Obama and Biden have been lauding this as a major accomplishment and a feather in their cap haven't they.
And Bush landed on an aircraft carrier in front of a banner that proclaimed: Mission Accomplished. Did he invade Iraq all by himself?

Quote:
Now who took ALL the risk in starting a new business? Will the government stop you from going bankrupt after you invested your life savings in that business?
No, but they'll provide a road to your door, to AID you in your business. What you do with it from there is up to you.

Quote:
And since roads and bridges create successful businesses.....then did the roads get torn up in front of all the businesses that have failed?
Who ever said that roads create success? But having a road that leads to your business is going to be one factor that could HELP you become successful in your business, right? Because without that road, your customers won't be able to get to your business to buy your product or service.

See--it's not rocket science.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:30 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,515,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
No, but they'll provide a road to your door, to AID you in your business. What you do with it from there is up to you.
Since you ignored this on another thread, I'll ask you here.

Where did the land come from, to build the roads?

Old 07-24-2012, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Since you ignored this on another thread, I'll ask you here.

Where did the land come from, to build the roads?
Sorry, I've decided to only talk to people who are able to comprehend simple facts. You have demonstrated you don't possess those skills. You'll have to go annoy someone else, I'm done with you.

Old 07-24-2012, 05:42 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,515,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Sorry, I've decided to only talk to people who are able to comprehend simple facts. You have demonstrated you don't possess those skills. You'll have to go annoy someone else, I'm done with you.
So the answer is too difficult for you to answer?

Old 07-24-2012, 07:43 PM

5,466 posts, read 3,775,429 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514

Quote:
Lol, I noticed this too. When a comment makes sense or is too complicated to understand they disappear or call names.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:56 PM

8,561 posts, read 5,450,566 times
Quote:
Appears that his/her answer was too difficult for you to understand?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or