U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-22-2012, 08:06 PM
 
3,046 posts, read 2,740,656 times
Reputation: 1306

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
:
i am not saying the same thing at all as obama- because i have respect for the citizens, for the private sector, and for the freedom that we have previously enjoyed-and i understand that we have been able to enjoy them because we had a vibrant private sector at one time-not because we had a big government.
Yes, you are. Just a different spin. You respect the same things as everyone does. Things aren't drastically different now vs. in the past with the exception that a bunch of idiot politicians, who you support, deregulated the banking industry and that led to a near global economic meltdown.

When you peel away the emotion and dogma that's the reality. Don't like big spending? If idiots hadn't deregulated the banking industry, then we wouldn't have nearly as much of it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-22-2012, 08:09 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,497,483 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Really! You're kidding me! You're so SMART!

Funny how I went on to talk about how the tea party has blocked just about every piece of legislation he's tried to pass, all of it based on his policy agenda set out in the state of the union address. I'm assuming that part flew right over your head?
So you went on to show that you dont know that the Tea Party, cant block legislation either

Hey mb, why dont you list some of these bills Obama tried to push through blocked by the Tea Party..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 08:46 PM
 
Location: it depends
6,074 posts, read 5,334,569 times
Reputation: 5771
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Really! You're kidding me! You're so SMART!

Funny how I went on to talk about how the tea party has blocked just about every piece of legislation he's tried to pass, all of it based on his policy agenda set out in the state of the union address. I'm assuming that part flew right over your head?
Obama has failed to get 50 Dem senators to vote for nearly every one of his initiatives. And he couldn't get 50 Dem Senators to vote for his income tax proposal--but I guess we'll never know for sure--Harry Reid won't let the Senate vote on the proposal to extend all the Bush-Obama tax cuts for everybody at $250k or less. Why is that?

How many seats does the Democratic Party have in the Senate? How many seats does the Tea Party have in the Senate? Are Democrat partisans just bad at math?

Obama and the Democratic leadership are out of step with the people. That is why they can't pass anything. It isn't because Obama needs to become a better story teller (as he recently alleged), and it isn't because of the Tea Party. He needs a better story to tell, then he wouldn't be facing powerful grass-roots opposition movements. But he keeps doubling down on failed ideas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 08:52 PM
 
Location: Orlando
8,233 posts, read 11,273,919 times
Reputation: 4064
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Give it up lol, the left will not get it, they can't and this is the exact reason they are poor and will remain poor even if Obama gets re-elected.


Something to be proud of Obama (see below)

Umm apparently the left is far brighter as we realize 10,000,000,000,000 came from the Repugs... and that's if you don't count their Trillion dollar TARP, their trillion dollar war with Iraq, their destruction of the US economy, and their unfunded Medicare Part D...

SO at best Obama responsible for $1,000,000,000,000 REPUGS responsible for $14,000,000,000,000 .... reality checks must suck for the non thinking right.

oh btw ....in his budget he has taken the war serious and delivered the heads of Bin Laden and 28 other top Al qaeda operatives serving them with almost total destruction.
He saved the auto industry
he saved the housing industry
he kept over a million people in their homes
he turned around the economy
and he created a national healthcare .... more than any repug can claim.

Had we had say a Romney... the auto industry would have been allowed to FAIL you would have seen unemployment exceeding 18% We would have had a world of hurt. The reality of the right is one we can't afford to have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 08:58 PM
 
3,046 posts, read 2,740,656 times
Reputation: 1306
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Obama and the Democratic leadership are out of step with the people. That is why they can't pass anything. It isn't because Obama needs to become a better story teller (as he recently alleged), and it isn't because of the Tea Party. He needs a better story to tell, then he wouldn't be facing powerful grass-roots opposition movements. But he keeps doubling down on failed ideas.
Not sure if you noticed, but the people elected both. Nothing gets passed right now because the senate has been essentially changed from needing 50 votes to pass something to 60 votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM
 
Location: None of your business
5,466 posts, read 3,774,372 times
Reputation: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
NO politician until NOW has EVER claimed that anyone built anything without the government first supplying the infrastructure.

The ONLY reason Moonbat Obama is saying that is because he cannot defend his own record on the economy and the economy being in the dumps is the entire reason anyone would even think of saying something that stupid.

Government doesn't do ANYTHING without those business people and corporations paying them TAXES!

Maybe you should hold up a sign at the nearest bridge thanking BUSINESSES for making that bridge possible. The government didn't even build it....private contractors did....government only handed them the money. Putting it IN CONTEXT is actually even WORSE!!!

He said it and even Ed Rendell said it was a stupid remark.
Yep, the government is the middle man. The government only Taketh from everyone then decideth what to invest in then has the audacity to claim that no one can do it without the government. The problem is that most times the government is not a good investor and in this case invested in companies outside the US who employed people outside the US.

It was a ridiculous remark that only fueled the people on the left. I saw a video of a woman screaming, jumping around, pointing her finger (she looked like total a**), as she repeated what Obama said. She looked like she ate too much sugar or something.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-22-2012 at 09:30 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 09:11 PM
 
69,372 posts, read 55,497,483 times
Reputation: 9363
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Not sure if you noticed, but the people elected both. Nothing gets passed right now because the senate has been essentially changed from needing 50 votes to pass something to 60 votes.
60 votes was always the standard..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 09:21 PM
 
Location: None of your business
5,466 posts, read 3,774,372 times
Reputation: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Wrong again. Government BENEFITS from a vibrant economy, and gets punished when there isnt one, but that doesnt mean government has a ROLE in establishing one.

GOVERNMENT CAN NOT BOOST THE ECONOMY WITHOUT FIRST NEGATIVELY AFFECTING IT.. Where the hell do you think the money comes from?
They don't think. And because they are dependent on government or they just believe everything they are told to believe. Talk about buying votes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 09:24 PM
 
Location: None of your business
5,466 posts, read 3,774,372 times
Reputation: 1170
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Really! You're kidding me! You're so SMART!

Funny how I went on to talk about how the tea party has blocked just about every piece of legislation he's tried to pass, all of it based on his policy agenda set out in the state of the union address. I'm assuming that part flew right over your head?
Tea party blocked legislation???

LOLOL And there you have it! This is the typical Obama voter LOL
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-22-2012, 09:26 PM
 
3,326 posts, read 7,750,175 times
Reputation: 1968
Quote:
Originally Posted by AONE View Post
Umm apparently the left is far brighter as we realize 10,000,000,000,000 came from the Repugs... and that's if you don't count their Trillion dollar TARP, their trillion dollar war with Iraq, their destruction of the US economy, and their unfunded Medicare Part D...

SO at best Obama responsible for $1,000,000,000,000 REPUGS responsible for $14,000,000,000,000 .... reality checks must suck for the non thinking right.

oh btw ....in his budget he has taken the war serious and delivered the heads of Bin Laden and 28 other top Al qaeda operatives serving them with almost total destruction.
He saved the auto industry
he saved the housing industry
he kept over a million people in their homes
he turned around the economy
and he created a national healthcare .... more than any repug can claim.

Had we had say a Romney... the auto industry would have been allowed to FAIL you would have seen unemployment exceeding 18% We would have had a world of hurt. The reality of the right is one we can't afford to have.
What do you mean by "saved" the housing industry? Foreclosure rates remain high.
Economy? We could be heading into another recession.
National healthcare? He can keep the scam.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top