U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-23-2012, 02:24 AM
 
34,365 posts, read 41,446,089 times
Reputation: 29847

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
It's surprising that those people are smart enough to start a business, but they're too *(&(*&( stupid to take statements in context. It's sort of sad how much stupidity permeates this country.

I bet almost all of those morons in that video haven't taken 2 minutes to lay any blame on the 2000's Republicans for doing nothing to prevent the Great Recession. Welcome to America. Conservatism here is all about bible thumping and an aversion to rational thought.
Agreed!..
Most on the Right took what he said totally out of context and totally missed what "That" he was referring to, which was the underlying infrastructure that let people build their own companies,the banks,the teachers, the help received in building your company, the many that worked together to give your company the best chance of survival,thats the inference to the "That" you didnt build and not that you didnt build your company...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-23-2012, 02:33 AM
 
59 posts, read 39,165 times
Reputation: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Give it up lol, the left will not get it, they can't and this is the exact reason they are poor and will remain poor even if Obama gets re-elected.


Something to be proud of Obama (see below)
I'm neither conservative or Liberal, they are both full of crap. However this picture is just so stupid. The debt existed way before Obama came into office, that is a fact. He did not personally spend all that money himself, and this quote that conservatives are throwing around that Obama made is obviously taken out of context and he is right. It is impossible to run a successful business by yourself. Someone built the building it's in, someone built the website or template you use, the point he made was everyone needs each other to accomplish things, no man is an island unto himself.

Conservatives by taking things obviously out of context and blaming Obama for larger problems that existed before he even ever came into office really are doing the opposite of what they intend. I really wonder if they are truly liberals trying to make conservatives look bad, because you people look so incredibly stupid for stuff like this. This is just an honest opinion not an attack, you guys consistently make yourself look like complete morons and lose votes because of it. If you spent more time blaming Obama for the things that are actually his fault and not being 100% transparent in taking quotes out of context blacks and hispanics wouldn't assume you guys are just straight up racists and liberals wouldn't think you guys as simpletons from the backwoods. If you guys lose the next election you have no one to blame but yourself for turning off millions of people by making yourself look like complete morons on a consistent basis.

Last edited by MIAYAYO; 07-23-2012 at 02:42 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 05:55 AM
 
3,326 posts, read 7,747,699 times
Reputation: 1967
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Agreed!..
Most on the Right took what he said totally out of context and totally missed what "That" he was referring to, which was the underlying infrastructure that let people build their own companies,the banks,the teachers, the help received in building your company, the many that worked together to give your company the best chance of survival,thats the inference to the "That" you didnt build and not that you didnt build your company...
You still don't understand.
Perhaps you missed this fine post:


Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo View Post
Sheesh! How would it play if Obama said "Police officers think they work so hard, well, there are a whole lot of hard-working people out there." Or "Teachers think they are so smart, but they did not build the schools or hire the maintenance staff or arrange the buses." Or "Government workers would not even exist if it weren't for taxpayers." Or "Social workers couldn't exist without oxygen."

Guess what? All those statements are true. They are also obnoxious--and stupid. Just like the ENTIRETY of Obama's statement about our entrepreneurs. The snippet is only a small part of the problem with his statement. Extremely few people argue the necessity of social goods and services; the idea that the better-off pay disproportionately more to pay for them is well-entrenched in our society. Obama's classic technique, the Straw Man argument, is to pretend that business people do not understand that roads and sanitation are important to society, and pretend that they object to paying for them. The upper quintile of income pays far more than their share of total income in taxes. Yet the Community-Organizer-in-Chief cannot shut up since stirring up envy and jealousy and attack politics are the only courses available to him as a re-election strategy. His signature accomplishment, ACA, is a flawed partisan hash that is wildly unpopular. The performance of the economy is tragically pathetic. The federal budget is in the worst shape ever--with no hope of improvement at the hands of the "we didn't waste enough money to get to prosperity" crowd.

Meanwhile, President Obama's own Simpson Bowles Commission produced a bi-partisan, comprehensive set of recommendations to address our major challenges. All he has done since the report was issued is spout proposals that are the exact opposite of its recommendations--and continue his attack on one line of business after another, except when he attacks all of them at once.
At best, Obama thinks he's running against anti-government extreme libertarians. Romney's hardly that.
At worst, he truly is stirring the pot on senseless class warfare.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 07:02 AM
 
5,787 posts, read 3,972,406 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post

I bet almost all of those morons in that video haven't taken 2 minutes to lay any blame on the 2000's Republicans for doing nothing to prevent the Great Recession. .

LOL......talk about ignorance?

Bush began in 2002 to warn Congress 12 times (along with Greenspan) that Democrats needed to reign-in Fanny and Freddy before a catastrophic financial crisis.

But Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxime Watters and others called them racists and said they were paranoid. Frank even said there WAS NO PROBLEM.

Of course, Fanny and Freddie gave campaign donations to Dodd, Frank and third highest on the list was Obama!

Bush was ignored....and now you want to blame the Republicans?

These are ALL HARD COLD FACTS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 07:14 AM
 
Location: it depends
6,074 posts, read 5,332,370 times
Reputation: 5771
Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance View Post
Not sure if you noticed, but the people elected both. Nothing gets passed right now because the senate has been essentially changed from needing 50 votes to pass something to 60 votes.
The 60 vote thing is sort of a moot point when there aren't even 50 Dem votes for the garbage that passes as Obama policy, don't you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 07:29 AM
 
34,365 posts, read 41,446,089 times
Reputation: 29847
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Bush began in 2002 to warn Congress 12 times (along with Greenspan) that Democrats needed to reign-in Fanny and Freddy before a catastrophic financial crisis.

But Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxime Watters and others called them racists and said they were paranoid. Frank even said there WAS NO PROBLEM.

Of course, Fanny and Freddie gave campaign donations to Dodd, Frank and third highest on the list was Obama!

Bush was ignored....and now you want to blame the Republicans?

These are ALL HARD COLD FACTS
Sounds like a lot of made up rightie rubbish to me..
And great deflection with the change of topic..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 07:46 AM
 
5,787 posts, read 3,972,406 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Sounds like a lot of made up rightie rubbish to me..
And great deflection with the change of topic..

I've posted the FACTS here many times before.

Do you DENY that Frank, Dodd, and Watters called Republicans racists and paranoid? I can post the videos of them doing exactly that.

Second of all....deflection?

If you look at the post I quoted and was referencing, any deflection possible came from the person I replied to. If need to see it again, here's the real deflection:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noexcuseforignorance

I bet almost all of those morons in that video haven't taken 2 minutes to lay any blame on the 2000's Republicans for doing nothing to prevent the Great Recession. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 07:50 AM
 
5,787 posts, read 3,972,406 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Sounds like a lot of made up rightie rubbish to me..

Barney Frank in 2005: What Housing Bubble?



Democrats were WARNED of Financial crisis and did NOTHING


Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Dems of financial and



The Democrats Responsible for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 09:06 AM
 
1,691 posts, read 1,656,174 times
Reputation: 1168
This thread is a really good example of why I've given up talking to Conservadummies.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-23-2012, 09:29 AM
 
Location: La lune et les étoiles
17,611 posts, read 19,033,833 times
Reputation: 18918
Quote:
Originally Posted by eRayP View Post
Just a reminder


A reminder of what? That some people shouldn't wear shorts without hitting the tanning salon first? Or that unattractive people love to hold up anti-Obama signs?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top