U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:50 PM

5,467 posts, read 3,763,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
LOL......talk about ignorance? Bush began in 2002 to warn Congress 12 times (along with Greenspan) that Democrats needed to reign-in Fanny and Freddy before a catastrophic financial crisis.

But Barney Frank, Chris Dodd, Maxime Watters and others called them racists and said they were paranoid. Frank even said there WAS NO PROBLEM. Of course, Fanny and Freddie gave campaign donations to Dodd, Frank and third highest on the list was Obama!

Bush was ignored....and now you want to blame the Republicans?

These are ALL HARD COLD FACTS
. That is right jt800, And the Democrats, they said, Freddie and Fannie are doing a very good job.

The Bush Admin and Senator McCain warned repeatedly about Fanny Mae and Freddy Mac and what thus became the 2008 financial crisis -- Starting in 2002 (and actually even earlier -- in the Clinton and Carter White Houses. Democrats resisted and kept to their party line, extending loans to people who couldn't afford them.

Last edited by eRayP; 07-23-2012 at 03:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,346,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Agreed!..
Most on the Right took what he said totally out of context and totally missed what "That" he was referring to, which was the underlying infrastructure that let people build their own companies,the banks,the teachers, the help received in building your company, the many that worked together to give your company the best chance of survival,thats the inference to the "That" you didnt build and not that you didnt build your company...
Hey jambo, we were losing 700,000 jobs a month Jan 2008, if roads bridges and infrastructure is responsible for businesss success, then why were we losing jobs? Clearly the infrastructure didnt disappear, right?

Old 07-23-2012, 02:54 PM

6,546 posts, read 9,454,521 times
How many threads is jt80 gonna troll about this the R Money trolls are out in full force they can not talk about his past becuase is it so negative so they have to slam the guy that is black and doing a great job

Old 07-23-2012, 02:55 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,346,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by db108108 View Post
This thread is a really good example of why I've given up talking to Conservadummies.
You gave up trying to be educated? And yet here ya are, talking about how Obama built things.. haha.. Tell me is the same infrastructure responsible for business success, also responsible for you not learning?
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
A strong indicator of one's intelligence is gauged by how many times they repeat the same mistake.

Are you voting for Obama again?

Old 07-23-2012, 03:04 PM

5,787 posts, read 3,963,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
How many threads is jt80 gonna troll about this the R Money trolls are out in full force they can not talk about his past becuase is it so negative so they have to slam the guy that is black and doing a great job

You aren't on Bath Salts are you?

I see you're lamely attempting to pull the race card like a good Moonbat. Guess what? Liberals wore out that one long ago!

Speaking of hypocrites.....I don't see ANYONE touting Obama's wonderful record.

Old 07-23-2012, 03:06 PM

6,546 posts, read 9,454,521 times
Dude I am not trolling in 10+ threads like you. So you saying the GOP is not racist did you see this

Mitch McConnell: Top Priority, Make Obama a One Term President - YouTube

Mitch McConnell Reaffirms His Top Priority To Limit Barack Obama To One Term - YouTube

Old 07-23-2012, 03:07 PM

5,467 posts, read 3,763,834 times
I'm not going to have to puttin gas in my car, I won't have to worry about paying my mortgage. You know, if I help him, he's going to help me.

So I wonder how did that work out for her?

Last edited by eRayP; 07-23-2012 at 04:30 PM..

Old 07-23-2012, 03:12 PM

5,787 posts, read 3,963,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Dude I am not trolling in 10+ threads like you. So you saying the GOP is not racist did you see this

I see NOTHING There that screams "racist" at all.

I see people who disagree with Obama's policies and plan for America wanting to see him get defeated in 2012.

Do you even know what racism really is?

By the way......a huge majority of American polled say they think America is headed in the wrong direction under Obama. So are ALL those Americans "racists"?

Old 07-23-2012, 04:13 PM

2,887 posts, read 4,797,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
Funny how I went on to talk about how the tea party has blocked just about every piece of legislation he's tried to pass.
Thank God for the tea party, stop that communist at his every move and save our nation. We will heal when he is out of office..

Old 07-23-2012, 04:20 PM

44,924 posts, read 28,123,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
That's just it--tax dollars built the roads, bridges and infrastructure that made the businesses possible. Taking that quote out of context is just another example of "gotcha" politics that make the process sleazier than ever. The democrats aren't immune from it, but the tea party republicans have been the worst offenders recently. I'm sick of both parties.

To the OP--I wouldn't be proud of threads like this. You might think it's funny, but it makes the republican party look like a bunch of jerks, and that ticks me off. I'm hoping the voters have the sense to kick this crew of R's out of office this fall, and then we can start rebuilding the party to what it once was--common sense conservatives who work for the benefit of mainstreet and communities.
Let's see now. Throw those people out and we end up with a Democrat controlled Congress like we had in 2009 - 2010. How many more obamacare type of laws would that bring on? I guess you may be right but if we keep Obama we are screwed for more years than I want to think about, If this should happen I will be glad that I am very near the end before the Death Panels stack their crap on me to get rid of me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or