Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 02:53 PM

1,767 posts, read 2,347,608 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post

Republicans, do you feel like your party has left you?

That train left the station a long time ago.

I'm much more socially conservative than most current GOP leaders.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 04:28 PM

4,278 posts, read 5,175,484 times
"Judge Richard Posner is a media hack. He is disgruntled that Conservatives are gain back more power and his voice won't matter much anymore. He needs to retire like all RINO's since has does not have the guts to take on the Liberals.

Old 07-23-2012, 04:52 PM

15,047 posts, read 8,867,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by totsuka View Post
"Judge Richard Posner is a media hack. He is disgruntled that Conservatives are gain back more power and his voice won't matter much anymore. He needs to retire like all RINO's since has does not have the guts to take on the Liberals.
Exhibit A for what Posner was talking about. Anyone who doesn't walk in lockstep with the fundamentalists who are now in control in the GOP is immediately labeled a RINO and their voices are dismissed from having any relevance in the party. One right winger in the comments had this very typical one word comment for Posner: TRAITOR!

Where are all the moderates that used to populate the Republican party 10 years ago?

Old 07-23-2012, 05:16 PM

5,944 posts, read 5,581,700 times
Default Republicans, do you feel like your party has left you?

I'm very middle of the road, overall. But I've voted GOP more often than Dem. What's happened recently is that the Republicans have become wedded to the crackpot religious right. They've always been the party of big business and that hasn't changed a bit, unless it's become even more so.

Speaking for myself, I'll strongly oppose them and support their opposition until they regain their sanity. This relationship with the rabid fundamentalists will lead to their demise if they aren't careful.

Old 07-23-2012, 06:46 PM

Location: Charlotte,NC, US, North America, Earth, Alpha Quadrant,Milky Way Galaxy
3,770 posts, read 7,543,620 times
Default What the Romney Ad "meant" to say

I think what the Romney ad meant to say is that it's okay to take state funds to help your business but it's wrong to take federal funds. At least it would be consistent with the reasoning that Romneycare is good and Obama care is bad.

Romney's 'You Didn't Build That' Attack Ad Stars Businessman Who Received Millions in Government Money | ThinkProgress

Old 07-23-2012, 07:17 PM

5,404 posts, read 15,988,586 times
We started a business with NO ONE'S funds but our own funds....Obama believes that no one but the government can do anything....and he's wrong...and leading America down the path to failure.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:11 PM

17,003 posts, read 12,583,387 times
>Judge Richard Posner is a media hack. He is disgruntled that Conservatives are gain back more power and his voice won't matter much anymore. He needs to retire like all RINO's since has does not have the guts to take on the Liberals.<

If only all RINOs would stop voting for the GOP at all.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:14 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
"Judge Richard Posner, a conservative on the 7th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in Chicago, has long been one of the nation's most respected and admired legal thinkers on the right. But in an interview with NPR, he expressed exasperation at the modern Republican Party, and confessed that he has become "less conservative" as a result.

Posner expressed admiration for President Ronald Reagan and the economist Milton Friedman, two pillars of conservatism. But over the past 10 years, Posner said, "there's been a real deterioration in conservative thinking. And that has to lead people to re-examine and modify their thinking."

"I've become less conservative since the Republican Party started becoming goofy," he said."

Federal Judge Richard Posner: The GOP Has Made Me Less Conservative : It's All Politics : NPR

There were over 500 responses to this article, and most seemed to be from disgruntled Republicans who agree with Posner. Many said they hold the same conservative views as they did 10 years ago, but that the GOP "left them" by moving so far to the right. Do Conservatives on C-D agree or disagree with this?
Pffffft....half the Republicans still think they're in the party of Lincoln, the other half thinks they're in the party of Reagan.

They're actually in the party of Limbaugh, and they're the only ones that don't know it.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 PM

20,948 posts, read 19,042,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
Pffffft....half the Republicans still think they're in the party of Lincoln, the other half thinks they're in the party of Reagan.

They're actually in the party of Limbaugh, and they're the only ones that don't know it.
Even if that were true, I'd rather be in that party than the party of Marx, Stalin and Mao.

Old 07-23-2012, 08:16 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,179,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waterboy7375 View Post
Just the opposite. I used to be a lot more democratic then I am now. Spending time on these boards and reading the entitlment mentality of the majority of those on the left has pushed me right.
No group has more of an entitlement mentality than right wingers. They just hate everyone else's entitlements except theirs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections