U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2012, 12:23 PM
 
12,639 posts, read 7,322,442 times
Reputation: 7449

Advertisements

If this thread is directed at Republicans, why is every Obama sock puppet on C-D responding?

To answer the question, no.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2012, 12:29 PM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,595,708 times
Reputation: 5919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
If this thread is directed at Republicans, why is every Obama sock puppet on C-D responding?

To answer the question, no.
Maybe because so few Republicans seem to be able to give a straight answer (although at least yours is consistent with their current, um "philosophy")...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2012, 01:45 PM
 
Location: New Mexico
8,388 posts, read 8,344,586 times
Reputation: 4070
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
What a load of crap.
When one's head is buried in crap, crap tends to be all one can see.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2012, 01:47 PM
 
4,572 posts, read 2,979,350 times
Reputation: 3261
Yes, the libs heads are buried in crap as I said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2012, 05:01 PM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,668,144 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Funny, the religious extremists kinda say the same thing...
This guy was a Agnostic.........nice try though

Timothy McVeigh - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In the 2001 book American Terrorist, McVeigh stated that he did not believe in Hell and that science is his religion. In June 2001, a day before the execution, McVeigh wrote a letter to the Buffalo News identifying as agnostic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2012, 02:58 AM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,595,708 times
Reputation: 5919
From an interview McVeigh gave Time Magazine in 2001:

Time: Are you religious?

McVeigh: I was raised Catholic. I was confirmed Catholic (received the sacrament of confirmation). Through my military years, I sort of lost touch with the religion. I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs.

Time: Do you believe in God?

McVeigh: I do believe in a God, yes. But that's as far as I want to discuss. If I get too detailed on some things that are personal like that, it gives people an easier way [to] alienate themselves from me and that's all they are looking for now.

And BTW, there's also no question that McVeigh was an avid promoter of "the Turner Diaries" written by William Pierce, founder of a "Christian Identity" group which holds that whites are the "chosen people" of the Bible, and that Jews and blacks are "mud people" and the children of Satan. McVeigh has said that the book "changed his life":
". . .the people had their share of the Jews and their tricks. . . If the Organization survives this contest, no Jew will - anywhere. We'll go to the utmost ends of the Earth to hunt down the last of Satan's spawn. . ." -the Turner Diaries

But whether it's "Religion as Politics", or just "Politics as Religion", McVeigh's ruthless zealotry seems to have a lot in common with todays GOP. Or perhaps a Republican here would like to comment on where they think the GOP is now... instead of just dancing around the issue...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2012, 08:08 AM
 
17,497 posts, read 10,668,144 times
Reputation: 6746
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
From an interview McVeigh gave Time Magazine in 2001:

Time: Are you religious?

McVeigh: I was raised Catholic. I was confirmed Catholic (received the sacrament of confirmation). Through my military years, I sort of lost touch with the religion. I never really picked it up, however I do maintain core beliefs.

Time: Do you believe in God?

McVeigh: I do believe in a God, yes. But that's as far as I want to discuss. If I get too detailed on some things that are personal like that, it gives people an easier way [to] alienate themselves from me and that's all they are looking for now.

And BTW, there's also no question that McVeigh was an avid promoter of "the Turner Diaries" written by William Pierce, founder of a "Christian Identity" group which holds that whites are the "chosen people" of the Bible, and that Jews and blacks are "mud people" and the children of Satan. McVeigh has said that the book "changed his life":
". . .the people had their share of the Jews and their tricks. . . If the Organization survives this contest, no Jew will - anywhere. We'll go to the utmost ends of the Earth to hunt down the last of Satan's spawn. . ." -the Turner Diaries

But whether it's "Religion as Politics", or just "Politics as Religion", McVeigh's ruthless zealotry seems to have a lot in common with todays GOP. Or perhaps a Republican here would like to comment on where they think the GOP is now... instead of just dancing around the issue...
It takes more to be a Christian than being raised in a church..........anyone can claim to know God!! It's like White Supermacist...........nothing they do is God like. Amazes me people will connect and believe this is what God would say was His way and believe people like this could be Christians.

Christian's are not perfect, but it's easy to tell if a person has left God................leave it to "Time" to not write what McVeigh confessed in his last days.

Last edited by wildflower82; 07-25-2012 at 08:17 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-25-2012, 08:20 AM
 
4,414 posts, read 3,358,917 times
Reputation: 2321
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
It takes more to be a Christian than being raised in a church..........anyone can claim to know God!! It's like White Supermacist...........nothing they do is God like. Amazes me people will connect and believe this is what God would say was His way and believe people like this could be Christians.

Christian's are not perfect, but it's easy to tell if a person has left God................leave it to "Time" to not write what McVeigh confessed in his last days.
Maybe we should start a campaign to offically change the name of the No True Scotsman Fallacyto no true Christian? That one does get thrown around here a lot.



On the thread subject, I'm still waiting on that answer as to what is "loonytune" about a political party that has basically embraced pre-1990s Republicanism?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top