Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2012, 10:21 AM

9,701 posts, read 5,083,078 times

Advertisements

Romney echoes the same sentiments:
Romney Hits 'Didn't Build That' Obama Remark - YouTube

Listen to it all, or jump to the 1:00 mark. He admits exactly what Obama said (not the hatchet editing job that some of you still believe is real...) in his speech.

But true to Romney's repulsive, duplicitous nature, he needs to attack Obama for the same thing he believes in by LYING about what Obama said.

And for the record again...

Obama's real comments (skip to :58):

Obama: If you've been successful you didn't get there on your own - YouTube

Romney's hatchet job editing:

Obama: "If You've Got A Business, You Didn't Build That. Someone Else Made That Happen" - YouTube (lol... notice the hiccup in frames right after "business")

I love how the same mugs on here that call Obama a disgrace, pardon Romney's multiple lies on the campaign trail.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2012, 10:47 AM
F40

826 posts, read 853,831 times
I'm sure the R MONEY suppoters will be here shortly to explain a way this false hood

Old 07-23-2012, 10:48 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,414,025 times
Short sound bite quotes taken out of context are fodder for political ads and have always been dishonest. Romney has provided a boatload so far and promises to continue his generosity.

The haters who are trumpeting this misquote from the president are beyond analytical thought, anyway. They're supporting a candidate the don't like (Romney) in hopes of defeating a president they hate with a blind irrationality that they feed with childish false accusations.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:50 AM

69,368 posts, read 63,880,475 times
There is no need to excuse away the Presidents statement. I'd be embarassed to tell someone who worked decades to build up a business, make payroll, grow and expand and become profitable, that they didnt do it.

It doesnt matter what he said before, or after, only an ahole would ever claim that the owner of a company didnt build what they built..

Old 07-23-2012, 10:53 AM

6,933 posts, read 8,462,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
There is no need to excuse away the Presidents statement. I'd be embarassed to tell someone who worked decades to build up a business, make payroll, grow and expand and become profitable, that they didnt do it.

It doesnt matter what he said before, or after, only an ahole would ever claim that the owner of a company didnt build what they built..
I'm supposing you didn't listen to the President's remarks which you've distorted. Before attacking someone you might want to understand what they said, so that people don't assume you're a ..... (you fill in the blank). I'm just trying to save you further embarassment.

The Romney statement though, saying essentially what the President said ... is golden! Thanks to the OP for posting it. Here we see once again, how so very similar the two candidates are on many of the issues. Mr. Obama, however seems the more honest of the two.

Thanks.

Old 07-23-2012, 10:56 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,505,219 times
This line of attack on Romney (who is R Money?) will fail as they all have. And what they were discussing are two very different issues but I can understand the atrophied liberal mind is unable to understand the differences in their respective remarks.

Old 07-23-2012, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

First, did you listen to two different Obama clips I posted?

Second, so you also disagree w/ Romney's speech saying the same thing that Obama is being criticized for?

Old 07-23-2012, 11:08 AM
F40

826 posts, read 853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
This line of attack on Romney (who is R Money?) will fail as they all have. And what they were discussing are two very different issues but I can understand the atrophied liberal mind is unable to understand the differences in their respective remarks.

I like Rmoney. I plan to use everytime I refer to Rmoney .Get used to it

Old 07-23-2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed from California View Post
Extrapolate on the difference. I can't wait to hear the high-minded Conservative breakdown coming this way...

Old 07-23-2012, 11:15 AM

4,571 posts, read 3,505,219 times
I wouldn't waste my time; you're a leftie who doesn't care about the differences. You work for the obama campaign?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections