U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2012, 05:16 PM

10,958 posts, read 6,110,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Yeah, to you left wing kooks it takes the prize.. HeyJude, why dont you tell me who built the roads, before the government? Why dont you tell me who pays for those roads? Maybe you dont understand that most roads are PAID FOR by developers who build homes, and maybe you dont realize that those new homes, bring in people who live in those areas, who PAY TAXES.. Tell me why government builds roads HeyJude? If its for the benefit of citizens, then this directly disputes your previous argument that its for businesses. Isnt it great now that you can argue out of both sides of your mouth and dispute your own statements?

Good, because until you can explain to me how roads get built without taxpayer money, you can keep any meaningless replies to yourself. Oh, and tell me where the land comes from to build those roads..
LOL. Another WHOOSH!! right over your head. You must be losing a lot of hair up there, with how much goes right past you. Trying to have a discussion with you is like talking to a wall.

I never said the government built roads for businesses, I said businesses benefit from the roads government builds. And I never said roads get built without taxes--go back and read my last post, I actually said quite the opposite. But what is the point? You either lack the ability to comprehend what others write or you simply choose not to. Either way, you just get increasingly silly and ridiculous, and not worth the time to bother with any longer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2012, 05:20 PM

69,372 posts, read 55,522,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
LOL. Another WHOOSH!! right over your head. You must be losing a lot of hair up there, with how much goes right past you. Trying to have a discussion with you is like talking to a wall.

I never said the government built roads for businesses, I said businesses benefit from the roads government builds. And I never said roads get built without taxes--go back and read my last post, I actually said quite the opposite. But what is the point? You either lack the ability to comprehend what others write or you simply choose not to. Either way, you just get increasingly silly and ridiculous, and not worth the time to bother with any longer.
Its didnt "whoosh", you pretending you made a point while then not responding to ones made isnt a concern of mine, just like your continuing moving of the goalpost when your previous argument is shown to be wrong.

Here, lets try another avenue since its so difficult for you. Where did the land come from to build those roads?

Old 07-24-2012, 06:17 PM

10,115 posts, read 6,996,463 times
Quote:
Of course not. Was the road built so the lemonade stand can be built? Will only those customers visiting the lemonade stand, be the only people using the road? Will people who pay zero in taxes, also be using the road? Will people who suck the government dry by living off welfare, be using those roads as well? Will that lemonade stand be successful, because there is a road?

Your argument is beyond dumb.
You keep jabbering in circles, calling people names, and making zero sense. The road doesn't guarantee anyone success in business, and it doesn't guarantee that a business will be built along side it, but without the road there is no OPPORTUNITY. Infrastructure helps create opportunity for business--it opens the door so the possibility of business growth is there. Without the road, putting a business there becomes impossible. For someone who rants about your multiple corporations (yeah right ) you seem to know squat about business development.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb1547 View Post
You keep jabbering in circles, calling people names, and making zero sense. The road doesn't guarantee anyone success in business, and it doesn't guarantee that a business will be built along side it, but without the road there is no OPPORTUNITY. Infrastructure helps create opportunity for business--it opens the door so the possibility of business growth is there. Without the road, putting a business there becomes impossible. For someone who rants about your multiple corporations (yeah right ) you seem to know squat about business development.
So now you're moving the goal post even further?

I'll ask you once again.. Where does the land come from in order to put the roads?

Old 07-24-2012, 07:18 PM

15,810 posts, read 8,828,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Romney distorting what he said? Oh no! Obama and gang never do that to Romney. They never distort what people say. WHo would think in politics people would do that(even though it's not a distortion,just a rare honest moment from Obama). To use a term from Debbie Wasserman Schultz,Obama needs to man up.
Seems that he is doing just that now. It will be fun watching Romney squirm.

Old 07-24-2012, 07:35 PM

15,810 posts, read 8,828,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
So you are saying to the lemonade stand business owner, "You didn't build that (road)."

Old 07-24-2012, 08:00 PM

Quote:
So now you're moving the goal post even further?

I'll ask you once again.. Where does the land come from in order to put the roads?
You never asked me the first time, so I have no idea what you're ranting about now. Where the land comes from depends. I own my long private farm lane, and privately maintain it. Sometimes a city has an easement though private property that allows them to build and maintain public roads, and sometimes the public roads themselves are owned by the city, but surrounded by private property. We see lots of economic development packages out here where a community will offer free road construction and other infrastructure for private industrial parks, on private land, as a way of enticing business to an area.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:05 PM

Quote:
You never asked me the first time, so I have no idea what you're ranting about now. Where the land comes from depends. I own my long private farm lane, and privately maintain it. Sometimes a city has an easement though private property that allows them to build and maintain public roads, and sometimes the public roads themselves are owned by the city, but surrounded by private property. We see lots of economic development packages out here where a community will offer free road construction and other infrastructure for private industrial parks, on private land, as a way of enticing business to an area.
Wow you mean PRIVATE PROPERTY made way for roads?
Quote:
So what you meant to say was PRIVATE PROPERTY made way for infrastructure, right?

Old 07-24-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Wow you mean PRIVATE PROPERTY made way for roads?

So what you meant to say was PRIVATE PROPERTY made way for infrastructure, right?
The land isn't the infrastructure. The road is. A piece of land is worthless if you don't have access to it--you can't develop it, you can't farm it, and you can't even visit it if you can't get there. Cities and states run public roads through publicly owned parks all the time, just as they run them through public universities. Whether or not the land is publicly or privately owned doesn't make any difference--it can't be used by anyone unless you can access it. Some roads are developed privately, but only for personal use, and they always at least connect to public roads. Without public roads, you'd have a road to nowhere on your own property. What in the world are you trying to get at, because I'm losing my patience with you, and I don't think I'm alone. Repeating the same thing over and over, no matter what, doesn't make you right--it just means you can't learn or think.

Old 07-24-2012, 08:54 PM

Quote:
The land isn't the infrastructure. The road is. A piece of land is worthless if you don't have access to it--you can't develop it, you can't farm it, and you can't even visit it if you can't get there. Cities and states run public roads through publicly owned parks all the time, just as they run them through public universities. Whether or not the land is publicly or privately owned doesn't make any difference--it can't be used by anyone unless you can access it. Some roads are developed privately, but only for personal use, and they always at least connect to public roads. Without public roads, you'd have a road to nowhere on your own property. What in the world are you trying to get at, because I'm losing my patience with you, and I don't think I'm alone. Repeating the same thing over and over, no matter what, doesn't make you right--it just means you can't learn or think.
If your argument is that businesses cant succeed without the road, then the next local step is the road cant be built without the land, and of course the tax money to build it. Why would you want to be hypocritical and stop mid-process?

NO public land exists without FIRST taking that land from the private sector. Do you need to be reminded about the constitution, and the need to take land by eminant domain? And of course why is there a need to take land to build the roads in the first place? Of course thats because businesses create the demand for the roads. Do you think they just build roads that go no where? Come on, stop being a hypocrite and arguing over something so dam stupid..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or