U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-24-2012, 03:55 PM
 
10,728 posts, read 6,056,022 times
Reputation: 5729

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
That's what I meant by diplomatic reasons. They realized that dissing Obama right now wouldn't be such a great idea in public.
This is your opinion. It's not backed by the embassy's statement, so it remains that--your opinion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
You can ONLY characterize it as a FACT if you knew exactly what was said in private.
I meant it was a FACT that the Australian embassy felt strongly enough about this to put out a statement. Surely you aren't arguing this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
Since what he still maintains he's said in the past is so closely related to what Romney claims he said in private, I'm inclined to think that he did in fact say what Romney says he did - and now that it's become such a public story, they decided it best to back-off it somewhat....but very little actually.
Again, this is your opinion. The statement put out by the embassy was very clear in their unhappiness of the way the foreign minister's words were used by Romney. That is a FACT.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-24-2012, 04:20 PM
 
5,787 posts, read 3,967,074 times
Reputation: 849
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
This is your opinion. It's not backed by the embassy's statement, so it remains that--your opinion.
Again....we are BOTH stating our opinions since we don't know EXACTLY what was said in private.


Quote:
I meant it was a FACT that the Australian embassy felt strongly enough about this to put out a statement. Surely you aren't arguing this point.
No....I just think that they felt it was a good idea not to diss Obama in public...again, diplomacy and etiquette dictates that.



Quote:
Again, this is your opinion. The statement put out by the embassy was very clear in their unhappiness of the way the foreign minister's words were used by Romney. That is a FACT.
I disagree that it was very passionate...especially since they included in that statement the Foreign Minister's prior statement that was so similar to what Romney claims he said in private.

I think we've explored all we can here on this topic. We disagree. Neither one of us will change our thoughts so I appreciate the civility of the discussion and will agree to disagree on it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-24-2012, 04:58 PM
 
Location: Inland Empire, Calif
2,887 posts, read 4,804,297 times
Reputation: 2785
Quote:
Originally Posted by KickAssArmyChick View Post
It is going to catch up to him as some point but if you look around this forum, Romney bots don't care. They will still vote for liar flip flop Romney.
I can't wait to pull the lever and watch obama's skinny a$$ heading back to Chicago..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:57 PM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top