Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 07:16 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,404,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
obama lies and live in a fantasy land we know nothing he is NOT TRANSPARENT
So true. (bolded)

And so easily remedied but perhaps beyond their potential.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 07:22 AM

17,607 posts, read 13,425,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaLakeSearch View Post
I love how the liberals act like John Kerry was attacked when it was done on such a smaller scale. The media gave John Kerry's wealth so much less attention.
That couldn't be because John Kerry gave the media 20 years of his tax returns instead of just 2 could it?

Old 07-25-2012, 07:25 AM

12,436 posts, read 11,897,979 times
I was not aware that Pelosi and Kerry hid their money overseas, refused to release their tax returns, and worked for bain exporting jobs. Does anyone have a cite for this.

Old 07-25-2012, 09:53 AM

27,869 posts, read 29,668,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Maybe I actually think he's concerned about the amount of money he's given to the LDS church.
Why should he be? Contributions to religious organizations are hardly illegal. Anyway, by now, pretty much everybody knows that he tithes. They also have a rough idea of what he's worth. What would knowing what he gave to the LDS Church tell us?

Old 07-25-2012, 09:55 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,573,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
What is the difference between John Kerry and Mitt Romney when it comes to money?

Both have a lot of money and we know that Romney worked hard for it and gave away his inheritance.

John Kerry on gthe other hand got married to the Ketchup family and is loaded and proven to evate taxes with his boat, etc. and probably does what every person with brains and money will do, which is trying to pay your fair share of taxes and try to pay as low as possible.

What's wrong with that...how many people are trying that on a daily base, to pay what is needed but if you can use a deduction or can legally put the money else where, why not?

After all a loop hole is created by the government and not by the individual and used to their benefit.

Many American's never pay a dime of taxes and are the ones who are applauding the President for calling out on them...not on all of them because this hypocrite President did the same with his sweetheart deal for his personal real estate property which send the other person to prison!!!!

Pelosi is loaded too and yelling and whining on a daily base...

We also should ask for George Clooney's tax returns for all his donations which probably have been used for tax deductions and what happened to the money that he is taken to Italy and probably to other countries on the way there....

All these hyprocrites should shut up and otherwise disclose their own tax returns to play fair, but that is not what it is all about with liberals!
The nasty hypocrisy from the left knows no limits!

Old 07-25-2012, 10:13 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,737,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I remember the the election when Kerry was running. He was consistently attacked for his wealth and marriage to Heinz. Over and over again. I think you've just forgotten. Pelosi has been definitely called out for her wealth on this board, however, she has not been called out by the ad campaigns because she's not running for President.
This. I remember many times when Kerry's wealth was attacked and how he was "out of touch" due to his extreme wealth. He also, like Romney, was tagged a "flip flopper" this phrase was actually coined by the GOP for Kerry initially.

Honestly I think that the Dems are using GOP tactics in their negative attacks of Romney. I think it is pretty funny that the GOP can't take what they dish out too! The crazier GOPers go on and on about Obama's transcripts and birth certificate and say no one knew/really knows him and all sorts of crazy things and request documentation about every thing that ever happened in his life, but they get their panties all in a wad over Dems doing the same thing to Romney.

It is funny and makes me have a little more respect for the Dems in that they are not playing on the offensive as much as they usually do. I had a feeling that this election would show Obama and his camp in a more aggressive fashion and I like it even though I'm not a Dem because usually they are much weaker campaigners versus the GOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
I was not aware that Pelosi and Kerry hid their money overseas, refused to release their tax returns, and worked for bain exporting jobs. Does anyone have a cite for this.
I also would like to know if they did/do these things. I know they don't/didn't export jobs. My mom used to work for Heinz for over 10 years and the place she worked is still open and a cousin of mine works there.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM

374 posts, read 808,364 times
Kerry was the Democratic equivalent of Romney in 2004. Except he actually went to Vietnam.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:42 AM

11,573 posts, read 13,884,389 times
Has Kerry ever paid those boat taxes yet?

Old 07-25-2012, 08:17 PM

27,203 posts, read 46,518,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Gee, you're not also asking for Rush Limbaugh's tax returns.

Guess that makes you one of those hypocrites, eh?
Don't have to since Rush Limbaugh has received multiple audits just for being Rush Limbaugh....and he has nothing that came up like Timothy Geithner.........

Old 07-25-2012, 08:18 PM

27,203 posts, read 46,518,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Has Kerry ever paid those boat taxes yet?
Interesting question...perhaps the boat was moved in the middle of the night or covered up with Heinz Ketchup to hide it.....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections