U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-26-2012, 11:52 PM
 
Location: Long Island (chief in S Farmingdale)
19,039 posts, read 15,499,706 times
Reputation: 3957

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
The double standard is that the Democrats and Obama in particular villify anyone they coonsider wealthy. The double standard is how mainstream media focuses on some but not all. The some are seldom Democrats.
This didnt begin with this election.
Edwards got the free pass and when it was pointed out how he used Tax shelters to avoid paying taxes it was explained that anyone would do the same thing.
Romney's tax returns are of small interest to me because as the dems explained about Edwards everyone uses any and all tax shelters available to avoid paying extra taxes. I dont fault anyone for protecting their money.
I would give credibility to the left if they held thier own equally accountable but they dont.
It's the same reason I dont give hardliners from the right any credibility.
Suggesting the tax rates should go back to the levels it was under Clinton for the wealthiest two percent is not vilifying anyone. Believing that the top 2% should not be exempt from sacrificing when everyone else has already sacrificed is not vilifying anyone.

Fact of the matter is Romney is the current GOP nominee, and yes he has received quite bit of attention about his wealth. John Kerry received a ton of attention in the media about his wealth as well, the Republicans just want to pretend that didn't happen. The tax issue wasn't harped on Kerry s much because well he released returns dating back to Reagan's first term....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-26-2012, 11:59 PM
 
Location: Old Mother Idaho
21,509 posts, read 14,408,525 times
Reputation: 15901
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miborn View Post
John Kerry is a Forbes.
Had a man servant on the campaign trail even.

Pelosi is one of the richest women in DC but nobody says a word or the fact she has 5 kids either. Must not be a good mom. And she made millions during the housing crisis
She's a grandmother of grown grandchildren. She entered politics rather late in California, when her kids were all teens or young adults, and didn't get into national politics before she had some grandkids. She's older than she looks, a lot like Michelle Bachmann is.

There are a lot of millionaires in the House of Representatives, and those who are not yet are doing their best to join the club.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
72,044 posts, read 83,719,346 times
Reputation: 41819
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Pelosi and Kerry not attacked.
Obviously you don't read the threads you participate in.

Whoda thunk it?
Neither were attacked in anyway like Romney, especially Pelosi...I don't believe Kennedy was hammered for his wealth either, nor was FDR. So, no, overall none has been blasted the way Romney has, but that is all the left can do because there isn't much for them to cheer about.

Nita
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 07:15 AM
 
20,976 posts, read 16,279,937 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by chielgirl View Post
Pelosi and Kerry not attacked.
Obviously you don't read the threads you participate in.

Whoda thunk it?

Perhaps they were attacked on here, but never a mention on the liberal MSM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 07:16 AM
 
20,976 posts, read 16,279,937 times
Reputation: 10270
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
Maybe I actually think he's concerned about the amount of money he's given to the LDS church.
Why should that matter?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 07:49 AM
 
Location: The Golden State, USA
935 posts, read 593,271 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Neither were attacked in anyway like Romney, especially Pelosi...I don't believe Kennedy was hammered for his wealth either, nor was FDR. So, no, overall none has been blasted the way Romney has, but that is all the left can do because there isn't much for them to cheer about.

Nita
Why should Pelosi be attacked? She isn't running for President. If you want to attack Pelosi, why not Darrell Issa? He's the richest person in Congress and began his career stealing cars.

Unlike Romney, FDR and JFK, (even though they were rich) cared about the poor and middle class. Romney earlier stated that he didn't care about the poor. That they have a safety net. Yet his intention, if elected, is to tear that safety net down.

Some people can be rich and still relate to the other 98%. Romney can't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 08:13 AM
 
Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,596,698 times
Reputation: 5919
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mellowmike View Post
Why should Pelosi be attacked? She isn't running for President. If you want to attack Pelosi, why not Darrell Issa? He's the richest person in Congress and began his career stealing cars.

Unlike Romney, FDR and JFK, (even though they were rich) cared about the poor and middle class. Romney earlier stated that he didn't care about the poor. That they have a safety net. Yet his intention, if elected, is to tear that safety net down.

Some people can be rich and still relate to the other 98%. Romney can't.
Yeah, and none of 'em (including Kerry) bragged about their wealth and supposed "business success", like Romney is doing. So prove it, Mitt... show us the returns!


$$$ Show Me the MONEY!!! $$$ - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 08:28 AM
 
Location: Area 51.5
13,904 posts, read 11,490,329 times
Reputation: 9079
Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Yeah, and none of 'em (including Kerry) bragged about their wealth and supposed "business success", like Romney is doing. So prove it, Mitt... show us the returns!
Looks like not everyone realizes Kerry got his zillions from his wife's ketchup inheritance. You call that a business? OK, then.

The truth of the matter is those who pizz and moan about someone's wealth are the types who never have it. They are the epitomy of trailer trash. Those who accept EARNED wealth (not Kerry's type) are those who work hard to achieve their own wealth.

So honk away, you silly lefttard geese. You'll never make a name for yourself.

Really, your nonsense about Romney not caring for the poor is just lies and stupidity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 08:45 AM
 
Location: The Golden State, USA
935 posts, read 593,271 times
Reputation: 1305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Looks like not everyone realizes Kerry got his zillions from his wife's ketchup inheritance. You call that a business? OK, then.

The truth of the matter is those who pizz and moan about someone's wealth are the types who never have it. They are the epitomy of trailer trash. Those who accept EARNED wealth (not Kerry's type) are those who work hard to achieve their own wealth.

So honk away, you silly lefttard geese. You'll never make a name for yourself.

Really, your nonsense about Romney not caring for the poor is just lies and stupidity.
It's not that difficult to achieve wealth when you're born with a silver spoon in your mouth and not every kid can ask their parents to loan them money to start a business. Unlike, Mittens, George Romney started with little and created a company. He also released 12 years of tax returns when running for president in '68', stating that one year of returns could be a fluke. Unfortunately, like father like son doesn't apply in Mittens case.

Show us what Romney's proposed to help the poor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-27-2012, 12:43 PM
 
Location: FL
15,822 posts, read 8,833,752 times
Reputation: 3843
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Neither were attacked in anyway like Romney, especially Pelosi...I don't believe Kennedy was hammered for his wealth either, nor was FDR. So, no, overall none has been blasted the way Romney has, but that is all the left can do because there isn't much for them to cheer about.

Nita
Pelosi never ran and Kerry supplied his income taxes. They are on Romney more because he won't. There is a reason that he won't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:37 AM.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top