U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 10:16 AM

484 posts, read 1,369,185 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Personally, I cannot really remember any memorable lines from Clinton (96)
How 'bout; "...I did not have sex with that woman." And; "... it all depends on what your definition of 'Is', is."

Clinton was well known to bend the truth to suit his needs of the moment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2012, 10:22 AM

5,601 posts, read 4,940,494 times
This distortion of Obama's comment "You didn't build that" (minus the supporting statements) feeds directly into the pompous pride and self righteous attitude of the GOP. Yup, they did it all by theselves, in a vacuum. Never mind the most important component in building a successful business......customers. Without them, you've built an empty shell.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:27 AM

86,093 posts, read 72,544,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
This distortion of Obama's comment "You didn't build that" (minus the supporting statements) feeds directly into the pompous pride and self righteous attitude of the GOP. Yup, they did it all by theselves, in a vacuum. Never mind the most important component in building a successful business......customers. Without them, you've built an empty shell.
Customers come AFTER the business is built. Who buys something that doesn't exist yet ?
Building a business is a risk because you don't have customers yet.

Customers and demand keeps a business going after it's built.

Old 08-20-2012, 10:30 AM

13,904 posts, read 11,488,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
President George H.W. Bush owned up to his mistake and publicly stated that it was a bad move - the current president hasn't stated that he misspoke - instead he claims that he is being misquoted.

His dancing around what he clearly said only makes him appear dishonest.
And his morons are making it worse by telling us we misunderstood, took it out of context, and should watch the entire video.

Well, dumbbots.....we did. We know what he said. Obviously, it's YOU who has a comprehension problem.

Newsflash: I built my business because I was smart and worked hard. Deal with it!

Old 08-21-2012, 07:23 PM

5,802 posts, read 5,466,776 times
Independents bailed on Obama in 2010, and he's given them ZERO reasons to come back.

They're not stupid.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:46 PM
NCN

21,135 posts, read 21,896,997 times
I have noticed a pattern to the way this man thinks. He is the typical abusive speaker. He and his kind want you to worship him and think of yourself as nothing. I find the "you didn't build it" as being demeaning and abusive to hard-working people.

Then he does not pay any attention to Navy seals! He would be lucky to see the day he is half as good as the lowest person in the military.

I sent an e-mail reminding him of his oath to obey all the laws of the United States even concerning immigrants. He sent me back an e-mail belittling what I had said. I have an interesting prospective according to him. Makes you wonder what part of illegal he does not understand. Our laws are on the books and whether he likes it or not, it is his DUTY to uphold the law. He swore an oath to uphold all the laws, not just the ones he likes. What if we lived like that on a daily basis. How many of us like all the laws? Whether we like them or not, we have to obey them or face the consequences.

It is sad people voted for someone that does not even understand what it means to be an American.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:18 AM

19,717 posts, read 11,571,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I have noticed a pattern to the way this man thinks. He is the typical abusive speaker. He and his kind want you to worship him and think of yourself as nothing. I find the "you didn't build it" as being demeaning and abusive to hard-working people.

Then he does not pay any attention to Navy seals! He would be lucky to see the day he is half as good as the lowest person in the military.

I sent an e-mail reminding him of his oath to obey all the laws of the United States even concerning immigrants. He sent me back an e-mail belittling what I had said. I have an interesting prospective according to him. Makes you wonder what part of illegal he does not understand. Our laws are on the books and whether he likes it or not, it is his DUTY to uphold the law. He swore an oath to uphold all the laws, not just the ones he likes. What if we lived like that on a daily basis. How many of us like all the laws? Whether we like them or not, we have to obey them or face the consequences.

It is sad people voted for someone that does not even understand what it means to be an American.
Can you fill us in on the evidence that brings you to your conclusion and not just give us the conclusion? Because all I read here is an incoherent rant.

Old 08-22-2012, 06:32 AM

19,165 posts, read 12,234,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Another great new ad from Crossroads, HAMMERING the anti-business, anti-success campaign of the failed President:

American Crossroads: "Replay" - YouTube

It will be played over and over again on television. Bo is done, not due to one of his many speaking gaffes, but by incompetence. The nation has had to suffer through a very important lesson- do not put foreign nationals with no experience in the White House.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:01 AM

5,466 posts, read 3,776,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
And his morons are making it worse by telling us we misunderstood, took it out of context, and should watch the entire video.

Well, dumbbots.....we did. We know what he said. Obviously, it's YOU who has a comprehension problem.

Newsflash: I built my business because I was smart and worked hard. Deal with it!
Its worse when you listen to the whole thing. We did build that and since Obama can't build anything he wants to put his hands deeper in our pockets.

What a loser, for the losers.

Old 08-22-2012, 11:17 AM

5,802 posts, read 5,466,776 times
They certainly deserve each others----losers embracing losers.

May they live happily ever after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or