U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2012, 01:00 PM

570 posts, read 555,626 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Nonsense, and were not gonna have a clear sense of the "youth vote" anyway until September or October, when a lot of them have returned to college and/or from partying during the summer, and they've have had some time to chat about these issues further with their peers and friends.

In fact a lot of 'em are probably surviving on student loans, an issue that Obama has been very vocal about supporting and controlling exorbitant interest rates, which I'm sure has not gone unnoticed... just like Romney's advice to simply "borrow from your family if you have to" (right, like everyone has daddies with deep pockets as he did)!

EXACTLY! They get back here at the end of September and will have JUST begun classes when the 1st debate is broadcast.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 01:03 PM

1,432 posts, read 916,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
Just because you were dumb at that age doesn't mean all are. So you are for taking away voter rights? I guess you want the age for someone to be able to join the military to be raised to 25? You certainly cannot expect someone to fight for their country but not be able to vote.
Go cry why don't you, I was being rhetorical, chill out...

I know you can't stop someone from voting at that age, but I really don't beleive most 18-24 yrs have enough life experiences to make meaningful votes....

Old 08-17-2012, 01:04 PM

1,432 posts, read 916,537 times
Quote:
No not Berkeley. You got the state correct.
Well lets hope it is not as crazy as my town of Boston

Old 08-17-2012, 01:07 PM

30,193 posts, read 16,617,917 times
Default No wonder. There is hope in Romney/Ryan. No hope with Obama/Biden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Read more on Newsmax.com: Obama Is Losing the Youth Vote

I have a feeling that most of the unemployed college graduates living in their parents' basement won't be too motivated to get out the vote for Saint HopeNChange.
I heard this too. Young people see no hope for their future with Obama. Only gloom.

Romney/Ryan are offering restoration and hope of a brighter future.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Go cry why don't you, I was being rhetorical, chill out...

I know you can't stop someone from voting at that age, but I really don't beleive most 18-24 yrs have enough life experiences to make meaningful votes....
I can barely see what you have written through my tears. Thank you I feel so much better now...

Old 08-17-2012, 01:21 PM

395 posts, read 384,654 times
Quote:
No not Berkeley. You got the state correct.
San Francisco?

Old 08-17-2012, 01:22 PM

46,816 posts, read 36,996,604 times
It's about jobs. Nothing else matters. Darth Barry is killing jobs. People who are entering the job force need to make a wise choice for their president.

Old 08-17-2012, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
San Francisco?
Good try but several hours south of SF. Are you trying to find out cause you wanna go out for coffee??

Old 08-18-2012, 04:43 AM

1,825 posts, read 1,415,299 times
Default Libertarian Gary Johnson at 24%+

Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
Yeah....no. If they have applied for job after job and can't get one while they have tens of thousands of dollars in student loans to pay back, it's doubtful they will.

If you really think Jon Stewart or Bill Maher will be able to get them to vote for Obama even when they can't get a job, that's laughable.

Moreover, a lot of young people are now part of the "Ron Paul or no one" crowd. Many of the ones who were old enough to vote and voted in 2008 probably voted for Obama; And they will not be voting for Obama this year.

polling shows Arizonans are overwhelmingly sick of the illegal immigration fiasco and disapprove of Obama's move after the SCOTUS ruling to not cooperate with Arizona.

Bill Maher is a Libertarian, so I'd guess he likes Libertarian Gary Johnson. The #1 request to whitehouse dot com is re-legalize cannabis ("marijuana"). Gary & Bill both favor that & now roughly 1 out of 6 in US (about 50 million) admit they are cannabis users. Gary Johnson campaign is selling Marleyboro mugs! He has a sensible immigration position as he viewed this up close as very popular 8 year guv of NM. He vetoed hundreds of bills, saved taxpayers over a billion. Gary will eliminate the IRS, replace income taxes

Obama is flipping to Gary Johnson's positions, but I don't trust Obama based on first term.

Most Ron Paulites will likely vote for Gary Johnson. Gary Johnson will be speaking at Paul Fest in Tampa, in about a week, just before RNC. His new jobs video is getting many raves. If you want real freedom & a candidate that cares about the 100% equally, he is best. Hard-working, honest, kind, very smart. He has no hate, but does have $1.25 million now, so even if they don't allow him in debates, he could buy a few radio & TV ads. Catch the excitement in his latest videos, each on a single topic. Best wishes!

Old 08-19-2012, 06:29 AM

395 posts, read 384,654 times
Quote:
Good try but several hours south of SF. Are you trying to find out cause you wanna go out for coffee??
No. I'm from the east coast and not very familiar with California. I'm just trying to find out which of the many leftist s-h-i-t-hole cities in CA that you live in.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or