Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 11:33 PM

4,696 posts, read 5,821,156 times

Advertisements

With the unemplyment rate especially high among young adults I could totally understand why they wouldn't vote for Obama this time around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2012, 09:29 AM

395 posts, read 458,478 times
Once you leave college and you don't have bong smoke in your eyes 24-7 you tend to see the world for what it really is. This isn't good for Obama.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:41 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,671 times
People are not buying to Obama magic...
Serious problems, and we have a President talking about dogs on cars, someones income tax rate, a Vp talking about chains...
I mean really, people want Leadership....someone who will have a better vision for the economy and jobs, or at least someone who will put a plan out there to discuss....

Old 08-17-2012, 11:49 AM

569 posts, read 671,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Agreed. Any young voter with a brain will be voting for R & R, not President Downgrade.
Are you allowed to vote yet? How much time do you spend talking to 18-24 year olds? My job is with this particular age group and I have yet to find more than a handful who are pro Mittens. Even many moderate R's I have met are not voting for the Plutocrat. There has been a huge increase in Republicans for Obama stickers in my area.

Old 08-17-2012, 11:51 AM

1,432 posts, read 1,091,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post
Are you allowed to vote yet? How much time do you spend talking to 18-24 year olds? My job is with this particular age group and I have yet to find more than a handful who are pro Mittens. Even many moderate R's I have met are not voting for the Plutocrat. There has been a huge increase in Republicans for Obama stickers in my area.
Maybe people 18-24 shouldn't vote, sure as hell are not educated enough on the issues. WHen I was in that age group I voted for Clinton his first time around, 20 years later I realize how young and dumb I truly was...

Old 08-17-2012, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secchamps98 View Post
Maybe people 18-24 shouldn't vote, sure as hell are not educated enough on the issues. WHen I was in that age group I voted for Clinton his first time around, 20 years later I realize how young and dumb I truly was...
Just because you were dumb at that age doesn't mean all are. So you are for taking away voter rights? I guess you want the age for someone to be able to join the military to be raised to 25? You certainly cannot expect someone to fight for their country but not be able to vote.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:23 PM

395 posts, read 458,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gidgetsmidget View Post

That's great but where do you live? Downtown Berkeley, CA?

Old 08-17-2012, 12:46 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,454,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trace21230 View Post
Read more on Newsmax.com: Obama Is Losing the Youth Vote

I have a feeling that most of the unemployed college graduates living in their parents' basement won't be too motivated to get out the vote for Saint HopeNChange.
Nonsense, and were not gonna have a clear sense of the "youth vote" anyway until September or October, when a lot of them have returned to college and/or from partying during the summer, and they've have had some time to chat about these issues further with their peers and friends.

In fact a lot of 'em are probably surviving on student loans, an issue that Obama has been very vocal about supporting and controlling exorbitant interest rates, which I'm sure has not gone unnoticed... just like Romney's advice to simply "borrow from your family if you have to" (right, like everyone has daddies with deep pockets as he did)!

Last edited by mateo45; 08-17-2012 at 12:58 PM.. Reason: link..

Old 08-17-2012, 12:52 PM

19,792 posts, read 13,945,761 times
Ryan's Uncertain Impact on the Youth Vote | RealClearPolitics
Quote:
Romney trailed Obama, 49 percent to 41 percent, in the poll of likely voters ages 18 to 29 -- a significant narrowing of the gap from four years ago, when Obama dominated the youth vote over John McCain by 66 percent to 32 percent.
In a nationwide poll conducted online and released weeks before the addition of Ryan to the GOP ticket, CIRCLE found that Obama was leading Romney by a 55 percent to 42 percent margin among 18-to-29-year-old voters.

Old 08-17-2012, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by db77 View Post
That's great but where do you live? Downtown Berkeley, CA?
No not Berkeley. You got the state correct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections