U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 11:47 AM

29,351 posts, read 39,775,069 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Yeah if Romney said HNIC (head "N" in charge), the tea party would just laugh.
and open their checkbooks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 11:49 AM

1,642 posts, read 1,356,701 times
Obama is anti-British. He is also against everything the country was founded on. He has a third world mindset. That is what the individual meant. I am also a proud American of English and Scotts descent.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:53 AM

8,151 posts, read 5,612,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Obama is anti-British. He is also against everything the country was founded on. He has a third world mindset. That is what the individual meant. I am also a proud American of English and Scotts descent.

Old 07-25-2012, 11:56 AM

10,932 posts, read 6,108,310 times
Wow, between this and the new birther ad, the Romney campaign has now regressed to the lowest common denominator. What a disgusting candidate. THIS is the face of America we want to show the world--one of low intelligence and bigotry?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:02 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,239,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post

Seriously?

White power, right?

Old 07-25-2012, 12:06 PM

I know Romney wants to take us back in time. But I thought it was to the Bush years, not feudalism.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:20 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,367 posts, read 8,591,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Every decent Republican that is left in the party should change their registration to IND. Let the racists have it. It's time for a new conservative party free of the bigotry and hatred that has taken over the Republicans.
Agreed, but honestly, I can't even begin to imagine what that might look like, since the craziness and extremism now seems to have permeated every level of the GOP... social, fiscal, foreign policy, libertarian, whatever?! Heck, even my staid, basically fiscal conservative little old lady neighbor is absolutely convinced that Obama is a Muslim!!

Old 07-25-2012, 12:30 PM

1,019 posts, read 1,204,306 times
Quote:
Its amazing that the Romney camp is no longer using racial code words and phrases like "Muslim" "he's not one of us". Its blatant racism now.
What is needed, and is likely in progress, is to have a lapsed or excommunicated Mormon who is reasonably telegenic, articulate & likable emerge to "tell all" about how the Mormon religion is extremely secretive and to discuss the history of how exactly that institution has treated women and African Americans throughout history. Then, Mitt can either defend or decry that behavior.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo45 View Post
Agreed, but honestly, I can't even begin to imagine what that might look like, since the craziness and extremism now seems to have permeated every level of the GOP... social, fiscal, foreign policy, libertarian, whatever?! Heck, even my staid, basically fiscal conservative little old lady neighbor is absolutely convinced that Obama is a Muslim!!
She probably thinks Mormons eat their children too. Some people are just like that and they can stay in the Republican party. But educated, intelligent Republicans have to assert themselves against the kind of talk of Romney's advisors. That guy has no place on Romney's team and decent Republicans need to stand up and demand his head. Romney needs to put an end to the race baiting of his campaign. We are not a nation of WASPs anymore. If they continually look the other way, they are going to be locked out of the White House for decades, maybe forever.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:41 PM

18,624 posts, read 16,435,683 times
Quote:
Just when you didn't think it would get worse for Romney

First of all its a racist comment and has the adviser forgotten Obama's mother was white? or does he believe in the "one drop" rule. You know if you have any black blood in you, you are black. Most African-Americans today have white ancestors due to slave masters raping black slaves.

"an adviser to the campaign made comments suggesting the Republican presidential candidate's commitment to rebuilding the so-called "special relationship" between England and the United States has to do with a sense of "Anglo-Saxon heritage."

"We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he [Romney] feels that the special relationship is special," "The White House didn't fully appreciate the shared history we have."

the adviser suggested that Mr. Obama could not understand the depth of the relationship between the two countries because he cannot fully appreciate the shared "Anglo-Saxon heritage."

Romney camp denies "Anglo-Saxon heritage" comment - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
I love how folks spin words, I know exactly what he is referring to, it has more to do with our relationship with the UK than any sinister racial reference. Of course since most Americans are uneducated his statement is ready to be denounced as racist. Nevermind for example Obama removed the bust of Churchill from the White House. Or accuses the Brits of torturing his grandfather, which was later proven to be a lie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or