U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 05:53 PM

1,642 posts, read 1,357,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Mon View Post
You know good and well that the trip to India cost at least $200 BILLION. Come on...
Aw,cute. You got that line from a tv show.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2012, 05:56 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,500,112 times
Nobody on earth is more racist than that fool obama.

The End.

Old 07-25-2012, 05:58 PM

13,904 posts, read 11,500,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If true, this is really disgusting. They have been dabbling in the Obama is a foreigner message and now overt racism is entering the Republican playbook in this election. Of course, this only firms him up with the majority of his party who are racists. What has happened to the Republican party? Does this party deserve to lead a nation where most of the people are NOT anglo saxon descendants?
Really? You got some kind of proof?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
\To notice it or call Obama on it is not racist. Anglo Saxon is not an inherently racist word, it's a culture or name of one of the main Germanic tribes of Britain.
i'll bet if we jumped up and down and screamed bloody murder about it, we could get it to become the newest racial slur.

Never mind. We just aren't made that way.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 PM

21,978 posts, read 22,168,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by notasmoker View Post
What is needed, and is likely in progress, is to have a lapsed or excommunicated Mormon who is reasonably telegenic, articulate & likable emerge to "tell all" about how the Mormon religion is extremely secretive and to discuss the history of how exactly that institution has treated women and African Americans throughout history.
And why would it need to be a lapsed or excommunicated Mormon? Surely you're not implying that an excommunicated Mormon would be a more accurate source of information on the faith than a practicing Mormon. No, never mind. I get it. You're not looking for the truth; you're looking for confirmation bias. When you decide you want the truth, I'd be happy to be your resource, that is unless you have some really good reason for not trusting me. (P.S. I'm a Mormon, but I'm voting for Obama.)

Old 07-25-2012, 06:18 PM

20,611 posts, read 13,032,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdwardA View Post
I love how folks spin words, I know exactly what he is referring to, it has more to do with our relationship with the UK than any sinister racial reference. Of course since most Americans are uneducated his statement is ready to be denounced as racist. Nevermind for example Obama removed the bust of Churchill from the White House. Or accuses the Brits of torturing his grandfather, which was later proven to be a lie.
I get what you're saying too. It ain't "racism" it's culture. I'm of Irish family and it's well known how my people were treated by the English back in the day. But then's then and now's now, things change and "WASP" is a way of life, NOT a skin color or race. Yeah; I just said it: a dude needn't be pasty white to be a WASP in 2012, that dude can be Black IMHO.

Old 07-25-2012, 06:55 PM

18,794 posts, read 14,298,652 times
Did anyone at all read the story linked? The quote was from an 'unnamed advisor' of unknown rank or closeness to Romney. It could have been a campaign volunteer. It could have been someone who once emailed the campaign to offer advice.

Anyway the language is not really incendiary unless you wish it to be. "Typical white person" anyone? "Slight Indian accent?" This is almost as dumb as the yowling from the left over 'kitchen cabinet.'

Old 07-25-2012, 07:28 PM

10,115 posts, read 7,004,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Electric Blue View Post
Obama is anti-British. He is also against everything the country was founded on. He has a third world mindset. That is what the individual meant. I am also a proud American of English and Scotts descent.
and so am I, and SO IS BARACK OBAMA (or at least he's of Irish and English ancestry, if not Scottish). If you want to get into a spitting match over "American" credentials, I think you should take a look at his genealogy. His mom's parents were from old American families who came here from Great Britain/Ireland/Scotland. What Romney's surrogate said was just ridiculous. He's an idiot.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obama_family

Old 07-25-2012, 07:31 PM
F40

826 posts, read 730,395 times
I almost feel sorry for Romney, I really think he is a decent person that is running for the presidency , and alowing these radicals in his party to ruin his good reputation so he might win.

He would have been better off doing some humanitrian work with his money and influence. What a shame for him.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:32 PM

72,107 posts, read 83,786,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Just when you didn't think it would get worse for Romney

First of all its a racist comment and has the adviser forgotten Obama's mother was white? or does he believe in the "one drop" rule. You know if you have any black blood in you, you are black. Most African-Americans today have white ancestors due to slave masters raping black slaves.

"an adviser to the campaign made comments suggesting the Republican presidential candidate's commitment to rebuilding the so-called "special relationship" between England and the United States has to do with a sense of "Anglo-Saxon heritage."

"We are part of an Anglo-Saxon heritage, and he [Romney] feels that the special relationship is special," "The White House didn't fully appreciate the shared history we have."

the adviser suggested that Mr. Obama could not understand the depth of the relationship between the two countries because he cannot fully appreciate the shared "Anglo-Saxon heritage."

Romney camp denies "Anglo-Saxon heritage" comment - Political Hotsheet - CBS News
I don't know what he said or if what you are quoting was taken out of context, my guess is: it was, but regardless, there might be a little truth to the statement: do you think anglo-Saxon can totally identify or understand black culture. This isn't a negative, just a fact.

Old 07-25-2012, 07:37 PM
F40

826 posts, read 730,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Every decent Republican that is left in the party should change their registration to IND. Let the racists have it. It's time for a new conservative party free of the bigotry and hatred that has taken over the Republicans.

I agree with you on this. Hopefully after this election they will come back to their sense,and clense the party of these extreme radicals.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or