Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 05:59 AM

10,029 posts, read 8,342,360 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
And what has that to do with the post of mine you quoted....the one showing how naive it is to think other countries don't influence our politicians???????????

Originally Posted by Who?Me?!
How totally naive to believe other countries don't care about , and INFLUENCE, who is elected President.

Even Representatives like Michelle Bachmann recieve doantions from other countries...
What part of billions in donations will not change the fact that Oblahblah is a disaster did you not understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 06:00 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,383 times
The biggest problem with Romney is that he is so awkward. You can really see that they have no interest in talking to him, and in addition he insults the conservative prime minister.

George Bush may not have been the smartest guy in the world, but he was interesting, and funny.

77,005 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Kicking mud on the faces of our strongest ally? Not good, not good....

21,026 posts, read 22,142,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Roma View Post
B. Hussein Oblahblah could receive billions from England in donations and that still won't change the fact that his record in office is a complete disaster. This is just another pathetic attempt to shift the focus away from the pathetic record of B. Hussein Oblahblah.
Quote:
Originally Posted by valerie d View Post
Well maybe but did he give him a collection of CDs with his speeches that did not operate properly. Ahhhaaaaa!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sol11 View Post
Come on, lefties!!!! Seems you don't know that Ms. Romney only has an INTEREST in the horse in the Olympics. She is not the rider, nor will she be a part of the competition. Get a clue!

With all the chest beating and blustering originating from the left, one would think that Mitt gave the Prime Minister another set of of DVDs, identical to those that Obama gave to Brown. (Rumor has it that the DVDs were a gift from Biden to Obama, and Obama "re-gifted" them to Brown)

Maybe you lefties are in a twit because Mitt bowed to some Muslim, or some other head of state. No wait!! Obama is the official American "bower".
LOL! You poor righties just can't see how you're displaying that you have no defense for Mittsy....you can ONLY attack Obama....which is off topic,BTW....

Old 07-27-2012, 06:04 AM

35,309 posts, read 52,274,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
How totally naive to believe other countries don't care about , and INFLUENCE, who is elected President.

Even Representatives like Michelle Bachmann recieve doantions from other countries...
To add//

Other countries arent caught up in Americas rightie/leftie battles they just see the facts and so far they arent too impressed with Romneys obvious tactless foreign diplomacy. bring him home before he makes more of an idiot of himself.
I'd love to see how long Romney would last in the British parliamentary system where he would be expected to sit in the house of commons and respond swiftly and intelligently to pointed and informed questioning from the opposition.i suspect he'd be laughed out of the house in short order.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:05 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,439,375 times
Wink Willard Romney in Shambles as Britain Proclaims Him Worse than Sarah Palin

Romney just seems incapable of making coherent, on-point statements.

And I keep hearing that Pubs never use these...

hmmmm...

Old 07-27-2012, 06:07 AM

684 posts, read 824,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
The economy is improving. But. It's based on a lie. That money is not "real." It's created money. We're still working thru a lot of false profits.
We have added jobs. So, yah, it's improving. Still based on all that fake fed money, tho. Its all "funny money" created by the Fed.

Dunno about Sweetie.

Romney is still a douche. Not where we need to go right now. Lets not ostracize Russia and China yet, 'til we can suck them dry. Romney don't care. He's the honeybadger of politics.
I understand. When Obama came on the scene first, I admit I was a strident admirer of his. He was strong and forthright. He promised to close Guantanamo, which was allowing gross breaches of rights that have been considered inherent all the way back to the Magna Carta. He was pulling troops back. His was the voice of reason in a world gone mad, so I understand your support for him.

However: This silly balkanization of American politics does nothing but prevent real effective governance.

I hereby place a challenge to you: Can you say one nice thing about Romney? Just one.

How about... "Romney has the best hair of any president." Or even, "The man will be the most handsome president ever. Look at that chin. He doesn't even have a gappy smile like JFK. The man looks like a President."

You can do it! You can be the first to bridge the gap and rise above the silly infighting.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 AM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Think4Yourself View Post
Even the conservative PM told Romney to shut up! :lol:

Wasn't the point of the good will tour to build good will? So why has Romney pissed off all of his hosts so that even UK conservatives have suggested he should just go home. Even the Torygraph, the most conservative national paper in the UK, called Romney arrogant and ignorant.

Oh, well, at least Romney will get to see he herd of dancing horses perform at the Olympics, yeah, the guy owns dancing horses. Yeah, John Kerry windsurfing was supposedly "elitist" but now the guy who spends millions on dancing horses isn't.
And oboy will be forever known as the president who failed his olympics test. As I recall, they laughed at him. I've forgotten where he wanted them held? Detroit?

Old 07-27-2012, 06:11 AM

4,698 posts, read 4,070,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeledaf View Post
Why, this has been a smoothly oiled machine of an Olympics so far!

On World Stage, Olympic Culture Clashes Inevitable - ABC News
It is quite possible that Romney's criticism is correct.

But that doesn't matter, and is a public debate the British should take. No one likes to be criticized from another country. The point of the journey was to create friends, not enemies.

Old 07-27-2012, 06:12 AM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,827,481 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
I understand. When Obama came on the scene first, I admit I was a strident admirer of his. He was strong and forthright. He promised to close Guantanamo, which was allowing gross breaches of rights that have been considered inherent all the way back to the Magna Carta. He was pulling troops back. His was the voice of reason in a world gone mad, so I understand your support for him.

However: This silly balkanization of American politics does nothing but prevent real effective governance.

I hereby place a challenge to you: Can you say one nice thing about Romney? Just one.

How about... "Romney has the best hair of any president." Or even, "The man will be the most handsome president ever. Look at that chin. He doesn't even have a gappy smile like JFK. The man looks like a President."

You can do it! You can be the first to bridge the gap and rise above the silly infighting.
Yep.

His economic policy is sound. Much more sounder than Obama's. I absolutely beleive he's better at getting America on a better path than Obama in that aspect. On that, there's no worry at all.
But on the other, presidential stuff, I think he sucks. IF it was just about the economy, Romney, hands down. He's just got too much other Bull#$$t that says he's the wrong man.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections