Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 09:03 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by duster1979 View Post
And if President Obama had nothing to hide, he would have coughed up his birth certificate the first time he was asked for it.

I think Romney should make his returns public just to put the debate to rest - as I thought Obama should have done with his birth certificate - but ultimately it really makes no difference.

I have the same amount of respect for the "returners" as i did for the "birthers."
He showed his birth certificate years ago. The only people that don't accept it is the "birthers".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 09:06 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,525,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Dale, The difference is we are not running for President of the U.S.A.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:15 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,664,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by F40 View Post
Dale, The difference is we are not running for President of the U.S.A.
Please show us where showing multiple years of tax returns is a requirement.

You can't?

That's what I thought.

Libtarts make no sense whatsoever.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:37 PM

Location: On the "Left Coast", somewhere in "the Land of Fruits & Nuts"
8,852 posts, read 10,451,396 times
A guy who's as relentlessly ambitious as Romney, is about as likely to withdraw from the race, as he is to give up his religion. Although Crier does make a great point, by asking... how does Romney run on all of his supposed "business acumen", without showing the most fundamental accounting of that ability, his tax returns?

Or are we just supposed to, "take my word for it, and look how well I live (but just don't look too closely...)"?!

Old 07-26-2012, 09:46 PM

10,942 posts, read 10,249,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
If he had nothing to hide, he would release more than one year of tax returns.
Yup.

I've actually been saying that for many months; it's just been the last couple of weeks that the media is really started to pick up on it.

As far as dropping out - nope, not gonna happen. His ego and level of entitlement ("It's my turn!") won't allow that. I believe he feels he can just ride it out, that his moronic followers won't care about what he's hiding, no matter how egregious, and that he will win because it is "owed" to him.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:51 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,449,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WildCardSteve View Post
At this point, the only way he'd leave the race is if there was a viral video circulated showing him sodomizing a Boy Scout while making pig noises.

More's the pity. The closest thing to a fresh idea that guy ever had was strapping Fido to the roof of the car. I'm beginning (no, actually it's been a while) to wish that John McCain had won. A real gent, and a Republican worthy of the title.

Come on. McCain was one of the authors of the notorius National Defense Authorization act and Indefinite Detention of American Citizens provision. If he was president, any Republican who voted for him I'm sure would feel just as cheated as Democrats should feel who voted for Obama.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
If he had something to hide the IRS would be making a public scene via prosecution at Obama's behest. They are not.
The reason Obama or the IRS isn't pushing the Romney tax problem is that Obama has skeletons just as big if not bigger in his closet he doesn't want revealed -- still. They are revealed in "Dreams of my REAL father".

Dreams from My Real Father: A Story of Reds and Deception - YouTube

Old 07-26-2012, 10:13 PM

Here is more

Dreams from My Real Father: The Hand of Frank Marshall Davis - YouTube

Dreams From My Real Father: The Intimate Ann Dunham - Frank Marshall Davis Relationship - YouTube

Also check the customer reviews of people who have read the book and seen the DVD on Amazon.

So this may be the reason Obama isn't making an issue out of Romney's taxes but others are and he should disclose them and as many in the media seem to think, it could be a deal breaker for him.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:21 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,164,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilybh View Post
The reason Obama or the IRS isn't pushing the Romney tax problem is that Obama has skeletons just as big if not bigger in his closet he doesn't want revealed -- still. They are revealed in "Dreams of my REAL father".

Dreams from My Real Father: A Story of Reds and Deception - YouTube

Obviously, if Mitt Romney had one thing out of the ordinary or questionable with his taxes, the IRS would be all over per Obama's request. Actually, they would have been all over it last time around and wouldn't have let up since then. The man is so clean he squeaks, that is what is driving the Obamalings so crazy. There is nothing to ruin him with like they have done with so many others.

Old 07-26-2012, 10:23 PM
F40

826 posts, read 857,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
Please show us where showing multiple years of tax returns is a requirement.

You can't?

That's what I thought.

Libtarts make no sense whatsoever.
It is not a legal requirement,It just shows what kind of morals he has. And now he gives the ilusion that he is hiding something that he is ashamed of. Does that make sense to you? He can't wish this away, this will dog him all the way to election day or til he fesses up. Sorry.

And no, I still won't vote for him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections