Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 06:55 AM

5,944 posts, read 5,583,390 times

Advertisements

It's certainly possible. But I doubt that he'll be Mitt's guy. The two who are actively out acting as Romney surrogates at present are Portman and Pawlenty. And both have expressed interest in the veepship. My bet is that it's likely to be one of them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2012, 07:47 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,853,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wade52 View Post
It's certainly possible. But I doubt that he'll be Mitt's guy. The two who are actively out acting as Romney surrogates at present are Portman and Pawlenty. And both have expressed interest in the veepship. My bet is that it's likely to be one of them.
Rubio may not want to be on that ticket. He missed his appearance at a campaign event, as his plane had to divert to another airport due to an "electable" problem.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:23 AM

11,531 posts, read 10,289,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I believe Marco Rubio will be Romney's pick for VP. I believe it will be a Romney/Rubio ticket.

The first Cuban to make strides into the White House...sounds very appealing. And his story would add warmth and appeal that Romney DOES NOT have.

Marco is bright and young, and not an extremist. I do not believe romney will pick condelezza. This country is not ready for a Black woman in office yet, we have to prepare for that. So we first had a black man in office, and possibly a Latino in office, than we will have a woman in office, and perhaps then a Black Woman in office.

Thoughts???
Romney wants the Hispanic and Florida vote, he's doing ads in Espanol and even parading his Spanish son around.

Old 07-29-2012, 08:30 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,062,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savoir Faire View Post
Romney wants the Hispanic and Florida vote, he's doing ads in Espanol and even parading his Spanish son around.
Spanish son?? I never heard that Romney has a Spanish son?? He has only been with Ann he hasn't had an affair with a Latina...although that would be hot and scandalous...he may get more votes if he actually did that

Old 07-29-2012, 09:53 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtc08 View Post
it doesnt matter who the VP is, unless its some out of nowhere loon like palin was who ended up destroying the campaign.
Uh; the 2008 election was real close tho I did vote for Obama cause Palin scared me. I held my nose and voted for Obama.

Old 07-29-2012, 09:55 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,901,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I watched all the Republican debates--and what I gathered from Mitt is he is easily swayed by the crowd. He is not an independent thinker. You could tell in his body language when he did get applaused he felt more confident, but the moment he got jeers he would back peddle and his body language changed to show anger but it was angered contained because he couldn't show his true colors due to knowing if he did he would have lost to Santorium.

I think his camp learned from Santorium in that you can't be too much of yourself in the public eye while campaigning. Santorium didn't give a bleep about who or how he offended people. He just said what he wanted to say. Romney can't do that. Usually those who are used to the power seat are used to either having total control oversomething or relinquishing it to another group of authority. For instance Bain, Romney just signed the documents but allowed some others to actually handling the affairs.

He proved he can't speak freely because he made several gaffes in London. He doesn't look confident at all, nor does he look presidential. To become President of the U.S.--The American people must know how to connect with you--there is NO connection between Romney and the American people. Obama will be reelected. Get ready for Romney's concession speech. His handlers should be working on that now
We'll see in November. I WON'T vote for Obama this time.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:43 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
I do not believe Rubio is eligible for the Office.

Old 07-29-2012, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
I do not believe Rubio is eligible for the Office.
why is he ineligible according to you??

Old 07-29-2012, 06:11 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
His parents were not US citizens when he was born.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
His parents were not US citizens when he was born.
Oooh sticky situation. I just read about what you said. But he was born in America, doesn't that count for something?? I read what the constitution said about "natural born citizen" they look mainly at where the mother was born and if she has been in the states 5 years or more, or something like that.

But that would be a shame that he couldn't be VP based on that techinchality. I like Charlie Christ, but he isn't conservative enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections