Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2012, 03:16 PM

2,325 posts, read 5,505,316 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Why would he pick Rand Paul? Rubio is from Florida a swing state,He is Cuban a minority group and he is more conservative than Romney. Paul is a douche bag from Kentucky that got elected on daddy's coat tails and his supporters by proclaiming to be about the same thing as his father only to go on and endorse Romney and to vote for more money for Israel and to just pretty much become another neocon scum bag.
I'm not sticking up for Rand Paul. He's nothing but a turncoat. Romney knows he can't win without the Ron Paul supporters, some of whom are Republican, some Democrat, and some Independent. I'm just trying to get inside Romney's head and there's a lot of room in there. He thinks that if he chooses Rand Paul, he will instantly gain the support and grass roots organization of Ron Paul's supporters. He won't, but he likes to think he will. And Rubio sure won't win any Paul supporters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2012, 03:20 PM

1,403 posts, read 936,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whoisjongalt View Post
I'm not sticking up for Rand Paul. He's nothing but a turncoat. Romney knows he can't win without the Ron Paul supporters, some of whom are Republican, some Democrat, and some Independent. I'm just trying to get inside Romney's head and there's a lot of room in there. He thinks that if he chooses Rand Paul, he will instantly gain the support and grass roots organization of Ron Paul's supporters. He won't, but he likes to think he will. And Rubio sure won't win any Paul supporters.
Ah. Lol there is indeed a lot of space in there,he won't win this Paul supporter over I am thinking of voting for Johnson simply because he will be on the ballot in my state and the vote will get counted.

Old 07-28-2012, 03:37 PM

3,265 posts, read 3,190,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
The camp was Greer, Crist and LeMieux. Rubio is in the Bush camp.
So far Greer's been defending Crist and going after everyone else. But it's a moot point since Rob Portman's going to be the VP pick.

Old 07-28-2012, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ancap View Post
Ah. Lol there is indeed a lot of space in there,he won't win this Paul supporter over I am thinking of voting for Johnson simply because he will be on the ballot in my state and the vote will get counted.
Me too.

Old 07-28-2012, 09:02 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,855,143 times
I'd bet on Bobby Jindal.

Rubio was a Mormon when he was young.

Old 07-28-2012, 10:58 PM

2,171 posts, read 1,456,808 times
I feel like even if rubio was vp, hispanics still wouldn't vote republican. Even though most hispanics especially mexicans have republican values, they always vote democrat.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:04 PM

11,431 posts, read 18,987,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chica_bella813 View Post
I believe Marco Rubio will be Romney's pick for VP. I believe it will be a Romney/Rubio ticket.

The first Cuban to make strides into the White House...sounds very appealing. And his story would add warmth and appeal that Romney DOES NOT have.

Marco is bright and young, and not an extremist. I do not believe romney will pick condelezza. This country is not ready for a Black woman in office yet, we have to prepare for that. So we first had a black man in office, and possibly a Latino in office, than we will have a woman in office, and perhaps then a Black Woman in office.

Thoughts???
Marco Rubio is too new to his office. He is also much more charming than Romney. romeny would do better to pick someone that has less charisma than himself.

Old 07-28-2012, 11:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
Marco Rubio is too new to his office. He is also much more charming than Romney. romeny would do better to pick someone that has less charisma than himself.
The only possible candidate is Dick Cheney.

Old 07-29-2012, 12:44 AM

455 posts, read 770,828 times
Repugs need to have the more charismatic candidate to win the Presidential election otherwise the differences in the Republication coalition become very apparent and their party fractures -- as it has already.

Likability and Charisma mean everything for a Presidential Candidate, and Romney obviously does't have either one of them, nor will he ever -- Unfortunately for Willard, likability and charisma is not something that can be learned in his Mormon Church or bought with his massive off-shore fortune. Romney's a a proven political loser and anyone who accepts the position as Romney's VP pick goes down with the ship on Nov 6th.

Old 07-29-2012, 06:44 AM

2,106 posts, read 3,060,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post

Why do you say that?? I would think if he wants to win..ahem not...then he would put someone on the ticket who has charisma. But playing devil's advocate, lets look at what McCain did, perhaps the Romney campaign has learned from that disaster. Sarah was far more charismatic than John and outshined him and Romney wouldn't want that so to a degree I understand where you are coming from.

But Heaven help him if he chooses someone as boring and arrogant as him. It would make his campaigning process much more painful than it already is for him. I believe insiders in his camp know they are going to lose to Obama, who ever is running his campaign must be amatuers--I say this because his retalition ads to Obama's are never original. He copies and has similarities in his ads like the Obama campaign. The Obama camp has an ad where they have Romney singing America and showing images of outsourcing and Bain. Next day Romney camp released an ad of Obama singing Let's stay together and they had some stupid remark that didnt stick. They pulled the ad because they saw it had no impact.

Then Romney gets desperate and uses clips from well known journalists from CBS tv show endorsing him. They edited what the journalists said to make it seem they were supporting him. HOW PATHETIC!!!!

Both CBS and the journalists rebuked their support of him and requested that they pull the ad due to not getting permission or will face legal reprucussions. So whoever is running his camp must have just graduated college and doesn't know what the hell they are doing. Are perhaps they are an intern from an Ivy league school who just wants to get credit for interning because they are doing an awful job
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections