Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2012, 09:06 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,471 posts, read 15,789,978 times

Advertisements

Mitt Romney NAACP Speech: 'We Expected' Booing Over Obamacare Line

The crowd's boos forced Romney to stop his speech Wednesday in Houston and stray from his prepared remarks. "I'm going to eliminate every non-essential, expensive program I can find, that includes Obamacare, and I'm going to work to reform and save -- " he said before the boos started.

We Need Mitt Romney - YouTube#!

Never would know that from his ad, though. Such transparency!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2012, 09:43 PM

29,970 posts, read 18,529,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70Ford View Post
Mitt Romney NAACP Speech: 'We Expected' Booing Over Obamacare Line

The crowd's boos forced Romney to stop his speech Wednesday in Houston and stray from his prepared remarks. "I'm going to eliminate every non-essential, expensive program I can find, that includes Obamacare, and I'm going to work to reform and save -- " he said before the boos started.

We Need Mitt Romney - YouTube#!

Never would know that from his ad, though. Such transparency!

Why does that surprise you? The black vote has remained "on the plantation" and wil vote for a democrat, regardless of policy. A republican candidate could be the next coming of Jesus Christ and the NAACP would vote against him. They are still slaves to the democratic party, which markedly diminishes their political clout (given that they ALWAYS vote for the democratic candidate, that candidate does not give a damn about what they say= they are a reliable vote that makes no difference).

If you are an NAACP member- you are essentially bought and sold by the democratic party and will vote democratic, regardless of who the candidate may be. Why do you think ANYONE would care what you think? If you are essentially a "reliable" democrat voter, then the democrats will not care about you, nor will republicans.

I know many black people. They want the same things I want. They are IOWANS, not BLACK Iowans. Is there any difference between what blacks and whites want? Better wages? More opporunities? Better work environment for their kids? Better future? Less debt?

WE ALL WANT THE SAME THINGS, regardless of race. OBAMA IS THE GREAT DIVIDER. It is not black America vs white America- it is just America (at least that is the way it is in our state). Wake up.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:17 PM

1,834 posts, read 2,684,391 times
The USA cannot pay its bills.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:20 PM

52,291 posts, read 34,027,946 times
This is so 2 weeks ago.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:23 PM

And still, so relevant.

Old 07-27-2012, 10:30 PM

4,571 posts, read 3,506,581 times
Not even in the least. You've become predictably boring and no longer worth my time.

Old 07-27-2012, 11:16 PM

Take care, Ed. Don't pay attention to what people say. It's always best to ignore things. I do this. It's why I read the Blaze and Fox News and right wing blogs. I don't want to know what the other party is thinking or doing. Wait..what.

It's better to mount a good defense against an offence that you know something about. You can choose to ignore things. The choice is yours. Romney edited his ad to make it look like he had the support of the NAACP. While they booed him on Obamacare. If you want to say that is OK, then, cool. It's not worth your time. We understand.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:53 AM

3,326 posts, read 8,827,230 times
He was booed. He got a few cheers.
Any republican would have gotten booed by that particular crowd on Obamacare. Thing is, Obama gets the louder boos from the overall population on his legislation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections