Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 08:19 AM

17,401 posts, read 11,975,567 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boompa View Post
Romney paid no taxes and you and I got to make up for his greed. He got a giant tax break for his "permanent residence " in Utah while claiming to be a Massachusetts resident. He has hundreds of millions salted away overseas that remain untaxed. What a classy guy
Romney paid taxes. 47% of americans paid NO taxes. Who is the greedy one?

These wild claims just keep getting better and better.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico View Post
We don't know whether Mr. Reid's speculation accurately describes what's happened. But it seems clearer as each day passes that Mr. Romeny and his family are hiding information they believe will be harmful to his campaign. Mr. Reid's comment that Mr. Romeny's refusal to be transparent with his tax returns would make him ineligible for a Cabinent appointment/confirmation is very strong, and effective. The President should concentrate on that. How does Mr. Romney expect the nation to trust him/hire him when he can't meet the most basic requirement for appointment to high office.
It's seems clear to me that Romney is staying silent to force the crazy Libs out from under their rocks.

Obama lies on a daily basis, yet you're OK with him?

Old 08-02-2012, 08:27 AM

7,474 posts, read 22,882,304 times
Chicago politics at it's finest..! Make up wild, crazy lies about your opponent and spread them around. They are not true, but he got the story on the news, and the ignorant who pay no attention to whats really going on will believe him.
It the old "You can't un-ring a bell". The story, no matter how untrue, is out there for all to see, and a few dummies will believe it..

Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,959,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
Chicago politics at it's finest..! Make up wild, crazy lies about your opponent and spread them around. They are not true, but he got the story on the news, and the ignorant who pay no attention to whats really going on will believe him.
It the old "You can't un-ring a bell". The story, no matter how untrue, is out there for all to see, and a few dummies will believe it..
I didn't know Lee Atwater and Carl Rove were from Chicago.

Old 08-02-2012, 08:32 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,855,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ringwise View Post
It's not for Romney to prove him wrong. It's for Reid to prove the accusations are true.
Actually, it's up to you to tell Romney to prove how wrong Reid is.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:30 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
Where do you Libs come up with this.
Oh, here and there. It was a big story recently on the news. You conservos should tune in from time to time. Just to keep up.

Quote:
Please show me where Romney wants to raise ANY taxes?

Nine takeaways on Romney’s tax plan

Surprise! Romney Tax Plan Favors the Rich - Bloomberg

Study: Romney tax plan would shift burden to poor - Aug. 1, 2012

Quote:
Of course "not so much". Hypocrisy. The driving force behind the Democrat party.
I want to see about Romney's tax dodges. You want to see Obama's grade in ballroom dancing.

Explain this hypocrisy you speak of.

Old 08-02-2012, 09:32 AM

1,211 posts, read 1,534,286 times
Dems now have to take a page from the GOP playbook and use fear to educate those who choose to be ignorant. It's what they understand the best and unlike the GOP fear tactics used over the past 30+ years, the Dems would be using real consequences to instill the fear necessary to motivate those who almost always vote against their interests. In other words Dems just have to keep telling the truth about what will happen if Romney and a GOTP majority in the Senate is elected. That should put enough fear into the electorate. Just keep repeating it. Nuclear war, end of social safety net, fewer jobs, more poverty, fewer with health insurance, the end of the middle class, the end of women's rights, the end of civil rights. That's what a Romney presidency looks like

Old 08-02-2012, 09:33 AM

8,396 posts, read 9,442,882 times
Quote:
It's not for Romney to prove him wrong. It's for Reid to prove the accusations are true.

If Romney wants to put this whole issue to rest, he can do it this morning, then it'll be all over and done with. Let's see how he reacts.

Old 08-02-2012, 10:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
Oh, here and there. It was a big story recently on the news. You conservos should tune in from time to time. Just to keep up.

Nine takeaways on Romney’s tax plan

Surprise! Romney Tax Plan Favors the Rich - Bloomberg

Study: Romney tax plan would shift burden to poor - Aug. 1, 2012

I want to see about Romney's tax dodges. You want to see Obama's grade in ballroom dancing.

Explain this hypocrisy you speak of.
That's why I don't watch the evening news. They've proven themselves to be liars, so I believe nothing they say.

Your sources are nothing but blogs. Blogs that speculate (Libs are getting good at that) and nowhere do I see where Romney would raise taxes. But it's a nice try.

More with the slander - you've decided that Romney's guilty. Good luck with that. Now it's up to Reid to back up his wild claim, your shrieking to the contrary.

I don't need to see Obama's grade in dancing, nor do I care (I've seen him throw a baseball and ride a bike. Not exactly graceful, now is he?). But by your measure, not releasing records that people are insisting on seeing means your hiding something. So what exactly is he hiding?

Old 08-02-2012, 10:27 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,925 times
Romney Hasn't Paid Taxes for 10 years!!!

Proof?

None?

OK....forget that meme then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections