U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2012, 06:16 AM

3,959 posts, read 3,771,803 times

Advertisements

Democrats usually do well with women but the gender gap is larger than usual. This is a sign that Romney is in big trouble heading into the election.

Mitt Romney could face huge hurdle with women voters in swing states - CBS News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2012, 06:27 AM

273 posts, read 188,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Democrats usually do well with women but the gender gap is larger than usual. This is a sign that Romney is in big trouble heading into the election.

The hysteria over abortion and women being able to get free access to contraception and other preventative screening is nonsense.

Republicans yesterday compared the mandate for women contraception/preventative screening in the new healthcare law that went in effect yesterday to Pearl Harbor and 9/11. That statement ALONE makes it look like a war on women. They're getting too extreme.

Quote:
“I know in your mind you can think of the times America was attacked,” said Rep. Mike Kelly (R-Pa.), a freshman.

“One is December 7 — that is Pearl Harbor Day. Another was September 11 — that was the day of the terrorist attack.

“I want you to remember August 1, 2012 — the attack on our religious freedom. That is a date that will live in infamy, along with those other dates.”

Old 08-20-2012, 02:21 PM

Location: Georgia, on the Florida line, right above Tallahassee
10,473 posts, read 13,346,302 times
No way. As we recently learned, women can just clench up real good and babies don't happen.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:23 PM
Sco

4,259 posts, read 4,062,867 times
Romney should run a campaign ad that explores in more detail the GOP theory that eggs and sperm can tell whether they have been brought together by consensual sex versus rape and act accordingly.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:28 PM
NCN

21,137 posts, read 20,998,088 times
Now what did you say the jobless rate for women is during the Obama administration? I find it interesting that people have no jobs but the most important issue we are hearing about is a woman's right to murder her offspring. Oh yes, and they are calling that abortion.

I think Obama is going to be a little shocked at how little the importance of murdering and preventing will seem when the woman is looking at not being able to eat. Some of you need to get a life.

And I have a question: Why does a woman who is not married need birth control? I think that is a statement about the morals of the Democratic Party. Makes me wonder if they don't have bigger problems than birth control. They are beginning to look like the party of Henry VIII. Corrupt!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:29 PM

23,852 posts, read 19,048,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post

A gender gap is a big sign of trouble? LOL

Give me a break. The only way women will turn this election is if no one else shows up for Mitt Romney. Guess what.....conservative enthusiasm is very high for the Romney/Ryan team.....I would advise you to pay more attention to the enthusiasm gap on the Obama side than the gender gap on the Romney side!

Old 08-20-2012, 02:37 PM

569 posts, read 526,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Now what did you say the jobless rate for women is during the Obama administration? I find it interesting that people have no jobs but the most important issue we are hearing about is a woman's right to murder her offspring. Oh yes, and they are calling that abortion.

I think Obama is going to be a little shocked at how little the importance of murdering and preventing will seem when the woman is looking at not being able to eat. Some of you need to get a life.

And I have a question: Why does a woman who is not married need birth control? I think that is a statement about the morals of the Democratic Party. Makes me wonder if they don't have bigger problems than birth control. They are beginning to look like the party of Henry VIII. Corrupt!
A woman who cannot afford to eat needs all the help she can get to make it through be it low cost/free birth control or an abortion should she see fit.

THIS married woman never wanted children so yes, bc was very important. *I* was not put on this earth to be a broodmare.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:47 PM

14,190 posts, read 12,445,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

Hmmm.....would Republicans give up their right to own a gun for a job?

Didn't think so.

Why should women have to give up any of their rights to have a job?

Looking at the amount of legislative time and money Republicans are expending trying to curb women's rights.......it doesn't seem like their main concern is women having jobs, does it?

Old 08-20-2012, 02:54 PM

13,819 posts, read 24,454,047 times
It's true....swingers all support Obama.

Old 08-20-2012, 03:11 PM
NCN

21,137 posts, read 20,998,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Hmmm.....would Republicans give up their right to own a gun for a job?

Didn't think so.

Why should women have to give up any of their rights to have a job?

Looking at the amount of legislative time and money Republicans are expending trying to curb women's rights.......it doesn't seem like their main concern is women having jobs, does it?
You are the one that wants women to still be unemployed. What on earth did you think I said? Obama wants everyone to depend on the government for everything. Romney wants people to be able to work and be responsible for themselves. I don't like either one of them, but you cannot overrule the entire country of voters. Actually not a lot of people chose these two because many stayed home. I wish in the November election they would at least go to the polls and write in someone else if they don't like these two.

I have another question for you: When did the government ever buy a gun for anybody? Women still can have abortions and buy birth control but tax money should never be spent for either of those things.

Oh my, I forgot about fast and furious.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or