Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2012, 08:37 AM

8 posts, read 9,164 times

Advertisements

[quote=RD5050;25467726] GO OBAMA !!! [/QUOTE

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2012, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
What I find amusing is the pollsters know that most people will just look at a headline, top line numbers and not delve into the demographics....in other words, they depend on people being lazy in order to deceive voters.

Really...does the Left understand what a poll like this is telling you?
Do you understand what a poll like this is telling you?

Princeton Election Consortium — A first draft of electoral history

READ THE WHOLE PAGE and get back to us. Read his methodologies and tell us how biased this analyst is.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I don't think those who support the teleprompter pig are going to find much joy watching the debates...
How funny it will be when the candidate who only looks like the central casting character to play the President in a made for TV movie will be nervously giggling throughout the entire proceedings..... While the REAL President will be scoring point after point.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:51 AM

26,680 posts, read 28,667,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Donn2390 View Post
I don't think those who support the teleprompter pig are going to find much joy watching the debates...
He made it through 20 debates with Hillary Clinton without using a Teleprompter, and three more debates with John McCain. I think he'll be fine.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifelongMOgal View Post
Unfortunately these days our elections only give the people the illusion that they have any say in their government. It is nothing more than an opiate for the masses. Clearly, the powers that be select two candidates who are more alike than different. There is no choice, only Kabuki.

Such an unserious and intellectually lazy drive by comment. President Obama and Mr. Romney could not be more different, especially when it comes to social issues. I could not be prouder and relieved for President Obama, for whatever political/tactical reason - he's a politician! - came around to unequivocally support marriage equality. It has united the Democratic party and history has been since marriage equality is a part of the Democratic party platform. Conservatives can point to right wing commentators saying it will be the "death knell" for Dems..... Not according to the latest polling!

Romney has flip flopped so many times on gay issues that it's a wonder he hasn't broken his back. President Obama is pro choice, pro women having control over their own bodies re birth control, Romney is not. And on and on.

President Obama will nominate truly progressive Supreme Court justices, Romney would nominate whoever his corporate buddies want.

There is a STARK difference between President Obama and Mr. Romney. There is truly a choice for America: forward (D) or backward (R) to the robber baron era.

Old 08-04-2012, 04:05 PM

8,754 posts, read 10,167,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaybu View Post

And if you believe this, I have some interesting swamp land you might also like to buy...lol.

Old 08-04-2012, 08:04 PM

41,325 posts, read 44,940,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Have you ever seen an Obama debate? He is actually really good at them, often to the point that they become very safe. I don't see any of those characteristics coming out of Obama during the debates. But I can see Romney fumbling with his attacks and coming off sounding like an ass, while Obama just smiles and corrects him. They will definitely be enjoyable debates to watch.
Obama has not had to DEFEND his miserable record before. $5T more debt, gas prices double, record foreclosures, record deficits, record poverty, record food stamps, job killing regulations, record 41 months of 8%+ UE, 24 million out of work, underemployed, off the rolls, the list is long on his failed policies AND all his broken promises.

Narcissists like obama have a hard time being confronted on the ruinous things they have done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
He made it through 20 debates with Hillary Clinton without using a Teleprompter, and three more debates with John McCain. I think he'll be fine.
See above. Obama has a record now, a pretty good record...if you're Romney.

Old 08-04-2012, 09:24 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,176,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanrene View Post
Obama has not had to DEFEND his miserable record before. $5T more debt, gas prices double, record foreclosures, record deficits, record poverty, record food stamps, job killing regulations, record 41 months of 8%+ UE, 24 million out of work, underemployed, off the rolls, the list is long on his failed policies AND all his broken promises.

Narcissists like obama have a hard time being confronted on the ruinous things they have done.

See above. Obama has a record now, a pretty good record...if you're Romney.
Do you think Romney will try to strike up another $10K bet, I know he is a betting man!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections