Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 11:48 AM

1,692 posts, read 1,960,091 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua View Post
And he probably will. This guy has been prepping himself for the presidency since 1999. I'm fairly certain he's got his financial ducks in a row.
That's the thing - I really don't think he does because if he did, he would have just released the returns by now. The issue is being blown up beyond what it should have been, and Romney could end it right now, but refuses to. So... I dunno. I just seems like such a stupid thing to die on, but honestly, Romney doesn't look too bright.

Some speculation out there is that somebody in the McCain camp gave said info to Reid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 12:15 PM

23,862 posts, read 24,111,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Um, did you read your own post? I said if Obama didn't release his tax returns and told you to "trust me" they are fine, you said "yep."

Did I miss something there?
Obviously.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
I don't care about a candidate's taxes. Period. End of story.
That was the issue. Tax returns. Nothing else. Your statement was all inclusive - mine wasn't.

Must be hot having the corona so close to your brain. Wait a minute... nevermind.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:14 PM

Quote:
If a Republican had an easy target like this, they would pick at it over and over and make it a huge issue
"You didn't build that."

I see that your partisan blindness has yet to be treated.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:18 PM

Quote:
But does it look good for someone who is running for president?
How does it look when a sitting President fills his cabinet (including the head of the IRS) with people that ACTUALLY cheated on their taxes?

But we won't see a peep about that from you... Nope... Obama can do no wrong, and Romney is guilty as charged despite the lack of any evidence whatsoever.

You know, that's pretty pathetic.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:23 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,444,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freightshaker View Post
Why should he. It's not a requirement and frankly is none of anyones business. If there were irregularities, the IRS is responsible for investigating them. Not Harry Reid or Obama. We don't know anything about Obamas college transcripts, we have been waiting for them for 3 1/2 years. Where are they? Should we discuss Harry Reids land deals in Nevada that made him wealthy on YOUR dime?

Anything to divert attention from the real mess we are currently in a dying going no where, negative, in the toilet flusing away economy.

I have a family memember who is a CPA ACCOUNTANT for some high profile people. He tells me, if Romeny did not pay his taxes for 10 yrs as Reid says, they would be knocking at his door. He tells me the IRS is all over this stuff now, and getting stricter.

I think Reid should shut up, and enjoy his retirement, i wish soon.

Not like the democrats don't like people with money, when it comes to donating to them.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:30 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,671,534 times
Quote:
You don't know how politics works do you? Romney is not running to be in charge of the IRS, he is running to be President of the USA, which has nothing to do with the IRS. His tax returns are about as important than any other presidential candidate, it is the fact that he has been refusing to show them since last winter, if he would of shown them then this would of been an old talking point. His choice in not showing them has made them an easy target because it is the unknown.

You do realize the Republicans use the same tactic often and are very successful with it.

I know you hate, hate, hate the Democrats but they are doing nothing different than your Republicans have done in the past because it is proven to work. If you don't believe me, which I know you don't, I will be happy to remind you about this tactic after the election when you are looking at four more years of Obama.
Quote:
Haha, we move on from an easy target? If a Republican had an easy target like this, they would pick at it over and over and make it a huge issue....seriously, have you ever paid attention to politics before? This happens all the time on both sides, you act like this is something new that you have never seen before.
Damn, it's worse than I thought. I didn't think that was possible.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:09 PM

756 posts, read 714,349 times
LOL ... looks like Harry is really getting under Tricky Mitt's skin today.

What's HIDING in those returns, Tricky?????

Old 08-03-2012, 02:46 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
"You didn't build that."

I see that your partisan blindness has yet to be treated.
haha, you didn't see the entire speech did you, he was referring to roads and public services and education systems...our government built those to make it easier for businesses...but feel free to continue believing everything you see on Fox, don't bother ever fact checking them.

Old 08-03-2012, 02:49 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
How does it look when a sitting President fills his cabinet (including the head of the IRS) with people that ACTUALLY cheated on their taxes?

But we won't see a peep about that from you... Nope... Obama can do no wrong, and Romney is guilty as charged despite the lack of any evidence whatsoever.

You know, that's pretty pathetic.
haha, clearly you haven't been paying attention, this is politics, no one cares about that, it is the unknown of Romney's taxes that is the issue that they are picking at because they can. I have never fully trusted any sitting president with their choices for cabinet because I have yet to see a fully honest politician because they don't really exist...but if I have to choose between two dishonest politicians, I am gonna pick my guy, just like you are gonna pick your guy, am I right?

Old 08-03-2012, 02:50 PM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
Quote:
haha, you didn't see the entire speech did you, he was referring to roads and public services and education systems...our government built those to make it easier for businesses...but feel free to continue believing everything you see on Fox, don't bother ever fact checking them.
You also left out part. He was referring to those in the context of downplaying people's success - he mocked the notion that they were successful because they were smart and worked hard and pointed to the role of teachers roads etc. In full context, he was in fact arguing that people did not build their businesses based on hard work and smart choices. However, his argument is flawed because he didn't explain how to distinguish those with successful businesses from those that are unemployed but drive on the same roads and had similar teachers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections