Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2012, 07:44 AM

5,238 posts, read 8,765,944 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broadrippleguy View Post
Also reading some of the liberal replies.

They are some of the most brainwashed clueless people i have EVER seen.
and what doesnt help they resort to huge name calling.
Teabaggers?
Shady Mitt?

How old are you guys?
Name calling is for elementary school........................
Rather ironic post, considering the title of this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2012, 07:50 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,835,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
But Romney doesn't have to release them. Just like Obama doesn't have to release his college transcripts.
Either both sides show all or they need to shut up and stop accusing each other of "hiding things".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Joshua
Do you mean like how Obama quickly produced his birth certificate?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkatt View Post
I think Romney should reveal his tax records, as soon as Obama reveals his college records.
Typical birthers, equating college records and birth certificates (which, incidentally, President Obama produced over four years ago now) with Romney's tax returns, because apparently Obama's grades 25 years ago are equally important to the American voters as Romney's financial records. That's an argument that anyone with a brain knows is stupid. Oh, wait, we're talking about birthers...

Old 08-03-2012, 07:53 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyJude514 View Post
Typical birthers, equating college records and birth certificates (which, incidentally, President Obama produced over four years ago now) with Romney's tax returns, because apparently Obama's grades 25 years ago are equally important to the American voters as Romney's financial records. That's an argument that anyone with a brain knows is stupid. Oh, wait, we're talking about birthers...
So just why are Romney's tax records so important for all to see ?

Old 08-03-2012, 07:53 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,052,752 times
Obama has released his tax returns for 11 years, why can't Romney release his tax returns? I am enjoying how people here are trying to distract by asking for something completely different from Obama....some of us want to compare apples to apples not apples to chairs.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:54 AM

23,617 posts, read 23,932,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by masterofmycastle View Post
we have Medicare and even the tea baggers love it even though most do not know its socialized medicine. Stupid is as stupid does.
Speaking of stupid, do you have a habit of responding to your own posts?

Oh, and why the hate, brah? I heard that you were brainwashed at a very early age and are simply incapable of thinking about anything for yourself. At least that's what my anonymous source tells me. I don't know if it's true, but that's what he said...

Old 08-03-2012, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Do you read any of the posts that are on here? The tax returns aren't important they are simply a way to push the unknown and make Romney look bad because that is how politics functions on both sides.

The reason why he should release them is so that he can move on and let them die out in the media. Unless of course there is more damage to his campaigns in his tax returns, but there is only one way to know if that is true.

Also Romney is telling us to "trust me" that his tax returns are fine. If Obama said "trust me" and didn't show proof, would you trust him? Answer that question for me please.

Old 08-03-2012, 07:59 AM

23,617 posts, read 23,932,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trader8 View Post
SHADY Mitt...
Romney's the squeaky-cleanest candidate we've seen in a long time - maybe in my lifetime. That's the problem that the Obama campaign team is having - the worst they can dig up on the guy is that he cut a guy's hair in high school and he hasn't released his tax records (which he's under no obligation to do).

The tax-ers are the new birthers. You guys are hysterical. Do you have any idea how terribly hypocritical AND desperate you look?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:02 AM

15,047 posts, read 8,835,890 times
Quote:
Oh, I don't know, maybe because he's basing his entire campaign on how he's this financial wizard who is going to save the country by use of all that amazing financial acumen, but which he refuses to reveal? That doesn't sound a bit like a snake oil salesman to you? "I'm telling you I'm THAT good, but you're going to just have to trust me on this." How gullible are you?

Old 08-03-2012, 08:03 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,253,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Do you read any of the posts that are on here? The tax returns aren't important they are simply a way to push the unknown and make Romney look bad because that is how politics functions on both sides.

The reason why he should release them is so that he can move on and let them die out in the media. Unless of course there is more damage to his campaigns in his tax returns, but there is only one way to know if that is true.

Also Romney is telling us to "trust me" that his tax returns are fine. If Obama said "trust me" and didn't show proof, would you trust him? Answer that question for me please.
But why is this an issue now ? Because the Dems said it was ?

Say..what if it turns out that Obama was a mediocre student at best with all C+ grades.
The left ripped apart Bush because of his transcripts yet defend Obama for keeping them hidden.

The IRS would have swooped in on Romney if something were hokey with his tax returns.

If the President has nothing better to campaign on then "but he didn't show his tax returns" that's one sad tale.

Too many people are being led off on deflecting issues. Romney's tax returns should not be the sole reason as whether or not you vote for him.

Old 08-03-2012, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by swagger View Post
Romney's the squeaky-cleanest candidate we've seen in a long time - maybe in my lifetime. That's the problem that the Obama campaign team is having - the worst they can dig up on the guy is that he cut a guy's hair in high school and he hasn't released his tax records (which he's under no obligation to do).

The tax-ers are the new birthers. You guys are hysterical. Do you have any idea how terribly hypocritical AND desperate you look?
squeaky clean and CEO don't go together, there is nothing squeaky clean about Romney, but he is doing a good job letting Obama tell his story for him.

if Obama didn't release his tax forms and told you to trust him that they were all good, would you trust him? I am guessing you know the answer would be no and you would be demanding he show them to us.

And you are right, Romney isn't obligated to show them, but it looks bad that he doesn't because his own father started that trend and now his own son is turning his back on his father, is that the kind of man you want for president?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections