Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2012, 09:58 AM

5,466 posts, read 4,422,314 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Dad is just as much the hypocrite as every time Obama comes on tv a flurry of N words erupt as dad calls Obama every name in the book,i sometimes cant hold back and have to remind Dad his Mom was black and he's milado

I used to think of my family as some what normal but since Obama came along something very strange has afflicted bro and Dad..
I've heard talk like this from people who don't talk like this and I wonder if Obama will hurt what African Americans worked so hard for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2012, 10:31 AM

5,787 posts, read 4,715,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
Biggest BS in thread history

If this story said that Obama couldn't win without the Black or Latino vote, there wouldn't be any mention of anyone being racist.

Just because we're spelling out the FACT that not nearly the number of Whites that voted for Obama will this time around isn't making it a racist issue.

Those Whites that voted for Obama in 2008 didn't suddenly turn racist in 4 years, did they?.....they are just voting on his record this time.

Old 08-05-2012, 05:45 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
If this story said that Obama couldn't win without the Black or Latino vote, there wouldn't be any mention of anyone being racist.

Just because we're spelling out the FACT that not nearly the number of Whites that voted for Obama will this time around isn't making it a racist issue.

Those Whites that voted for Obama in 2008 didn't suddenly turn racist in 4 years, did they?.....they are just voting on his record this time.
You said he needs whites to stay home to win. Did you not try to suggest that whites need to come out so they can vote out the black?

Old 08-05-2012, 06:50 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stillkit View Post
I have many friends and some family members who simply will not vote for Obama because he's black. Nothing else matters to them.
I have a higher standard for who I call a friend than you do. Then I was raised among family that was not racist.

Old 08-05-2012, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
You said he needs whites to stay home to win. Did you not try to suggest that whites need to come out so they can vote out the black?

No...I was suggesting ONLY what the FACTS show.

And, if there's anything cynical about that, then your problem is with the Obama Campaign who is running a campaign to suppress the white votes as explained in the article.

You seem to think that the only reason those Whites who voted for Obama won't this time must be racist and want the "black guy" out. So in essence, you're saying that those same white people turned racist in the last 4 years. A pretty goofy assumption.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:02 PM

3,709 posts, read 4,627,807 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFix View Post
Obama will do just fine with the white vote. If he didn't, he wouldn't be winning the overwhelmingly white states that make up the great liberal bloc of New England, the Pacific Northwest, and Upper Great Lakes.

Yeah, so what if 80% of whites in all the backward states like Mississippi and Alabama think he's a "secret muslim"? The non-college educated voters in those states vote irrationally based on non-issues such as gays, God, guns, and abortion. I'm so very glad all those 'Dixiecrats' were kicked out of the Democratic Party long ago.
So much for the big-tent "inclusiveness" of the Democratic Party.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:08 PM

27,142 posts, read 15,313,785 times
A lot of Hispanics and blacks I know staying home would help him too.
They are not in his camp.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:11 PM

13,887 posts, read 13,669,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Women (of all colors) will be the difference that will give Obama another term. This week, women who start or renew contraceptive prescriptions will be getting them free of copays. They also will get checkups and mammograms without copays. Romney has pledged to take away this benefit from women on the first day he is office. Let's see how that goes over with this important demographic down the stretch.
What's wrong with people? Those things have always been covered by insurance. Damn, the public is dumb!

Old 08-05-2012, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Cooper View Post
What's wrong with people? Those things have always been covered by insurance. Damn, the public is dumb!

Or just so BLIND to the FACTS when under the control of Liberal Bath Salts.

Old 08-05-2012, 07:38 PM

8,145 posts, read 6,530,889 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jt800 View Post
No...I was suggesting ONLY what the FACTS show.

And, if there's anything cynical about that, then your problem is with the Obama Campaign who is running a campaign to suppress the white votes as explained in the article.

You seem to think that the only reason those Whites who voted for Obama won't this time must be racist and want the "black guy" out. So in essence, you're saying that those same white people turned racist in the last 4 years. A pretty goofy assumption.
I never said that. Your thread does not say that. It says Obama needs white voters to stay home. Many whites will be voting for Obama and many will be voting against romney. And yes many conservatives have a problem with Obama being black.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections